THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch

Go down 
+12
Archon Vitcus
aurynn
John M
Crazy_Irish
Von Snabel
Squidmaster
Barrywise
hekatrixxy
The Red King
CptMetal
Ynneadwraith
Count Adhemar
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch Empty
PostSubject: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 12:37

It's official (well, leaked) - Rowboat Girlyman is back and this time, he's plastic!

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 12:44

Wahey! He can estrange and piss off the rest of the imperium, then sod off to make his own little empire like he did during the heresy!

TBH, the fact that he's fantastically flawed during the HH novels actually makes me like the guy a little more...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 12:56

Show some respect for the Spiritual Liege of the Space Marines!

vomit

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 13:08

I was pretty sickened about the Ultramarines, until I twigged what the insidious little b*stards were actually doing.

They lay down this codex to limit the power of all the Space Marine Legions, split the army from the navy and the marines so no single chapter master would hold enough power to rebel (or declare independence...).

Then, they keep their little private empire, surrounded by the little private empires of their successor chapters, with their own private army that answers to the sector Lord (who just so happens to be Calgar), with its own chapter fleet and PDF naval assets. All the while disseminating propaganda that paints them as the model of codex compliancy, and penalising other chapters for breaking those selfsame rules.

People think the Dark Angels are sneakily amassing more power than any one chapter should have. The Ultramarines are doing it in plain sight!

Sneaky, hypocritical, grimdark smurfs Wink very suspicious...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 13:09

Flawed in the books? Tell me more please!

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 13:21

Chaos book (imperial characters)
Eldar book (eldar characters)
Imperial book (imperial characters)
I'm actively pissed for all chaos players....

Also ribbit girlyman looks ridiculous with those legs that are longer than his everything else combined.

Generic grey knight is generic.

Cypher looks cool.

I absolutely shudder to think about how cringe inducingly broken these rules are going to be. I really do.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 13:58

CptMetal wrote:
Flawed in the books? Tell me more please!

The impression I got was that he is tactically very astute, but has terrible interpersonal skills. Half the primarchs severely dislike him, most of the rest respect his council but think he's a tosser, with a few that actually like him (sort of to be expected if you label a few of them your' Dauntless Few').

He's a brilliant tactician, but compared to the other primarchs an uncharismatic leader that's lacking in the diplomacy skills necessary to unite them as Warmaster.

The Red King wrote:
Chaos book (imperial characters)
Eldar book (eldar characters)
Imperial book (imperial characters)
I'm actively pissed for all chaos players....

Also ribbit girlyman looks ridiculous with those legs that are longer than his everything else combined.

Generic grey knight is generic.

Cypher looks cool.

I absolutely shudder to think about how cringe inducingly broken these rules are going to be.  I really do.

My thoughts exactly. Guilliman is all that's wrong about the 'MORE BLING!!!11!!1' school of model design.

Also, is it truly impossible for them to make a SM model that's actually in scale legs-to-torso? Or make one that doesn't look like it'd have to skip every single leg day during training to fit within the leg armour?

Personal feelings of model design aside, big day for Marine players...

Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 14:19

Agree that the Roboute model doesn't look great. Cypher looks pretty cool though!

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 14:24

Yeah poor marines really needed some love. Glad to see they haven't forgotten them.

Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 14:44

He's described as Julius Caesar in space. Some people aren't comfy with their politics being run as an extension of the army.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:10

Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch 16466598_10210044989093975_283431719_o

+ Harlequins in GoC.

Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch 16522689_10210044989173977_2067806758_n

I'm guessing thats Cypher in the bottom left!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:20

Aye, and there's a new GK Grand Master as well

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:21

OH GOD. ITS DRAIGO (supposedly). On the right.

Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch 39330DD5-E23A-44D7-BBBE-5432F4CE613B_zpslcl9wbxe

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:21

You wouldn't notice from the picture because he looks exactly the same as any other grey knight...

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:24

I don't think it's Draigo as he's supposed to have a sword isn't he? Plus, there's nothing wrong with his existing, and relatively new, model.

Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:27

Well, neat i guess. Tbh just happy that they're moving along with releasing all the non-dead primarchs so we can move on and get more important things, like usable wych cults.

I havent followed all the fluff in the Cadia Incedent. But is it likely that when all the primarchs are released some sort of event will happend that'll lead to the 8th edition ?

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:46

The Red King wrote:
Yeah poor marines really needed some love.  Glad to see they haven't forgotten them.

The Red King wrote:
You wouldn't notice from the picture because he looks exactly the same as any other grey knight...

You sir have a great sense of humour Smile

As for Draigo, not enough spangly sh*t and being inexplicably twice the size of anyone else. Probably a new character.

Also, just thinking about it, Guilliman outside of his armour must look like a skinny guy who's been stretched on a rack...

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:49

I heard from someone unfounded that he's part dreadnought.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:57

I've too have heard that baseless speculation Wink

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 15:59

I've heard that he's actually the C'tan Deceiver in disguise.

By 'heard' I mean that I just made that up

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 16:01

Nah, The Deceiver is just Alpharius.

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 16:07

Roboute!!!!!!

Omg.... I love it. And him. I think the Sizing/Proportions are hard to tell, as he is standing in front and on top of terrain while his legs are differently angled.

But I really am interested in how he Joined forces with Cypher+Band and the Grey Knights. Latter makes sense but C makes things complicated. Especially G's relationship with his sibling, big L.

Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 16:16

SPIRITS SHALL BE LIEGED

ARMIES SHALL BE CODEXED

BIG BLUE RETURNS
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 18:41

Okay... 2 questions...
- HOW did Calgar wear that gauntlet?
- Do UM players cut his hands off and glue normal SM gauntlets on him?
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 22:15

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1769401200047178&id=1575682476085719

The story of what's going on, given by Warhammer. Not sure about the model, prefer the forge world Girlyman. The grey knight is Volder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch   Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Gathering Storm Book - Rise of the Primarch
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next