THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reborn CC Host

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23 2017, 09:14

How do you think this list will fare? I am not looking for a min-max list, as I am mostly a painter and aim to do a unified Ynnari corsair army (example, I will use heavily kitbashed Wyches as Banshees, Wraithknights will have Raider parts etc.) mostly for flare, but I'd like to see it work to some extent. I plan on focus mostly on CC with a bit of brutal DP firepower from WWP Archon fo priority targets. The two Banshee units are cadies for Yvraine and the Viscarch.

HQ (110pts)
(DE) Archon (110pts)
Blaster (15pts), Close Combat Weapon, Webway Portal (35pts)

Elites (580pts)
(E) Howling Banshees (130pts)
10x Howling Banshee (130pts)
(E) Howling Banshees (130pts)
10x Howling Banshee (130pts)
(E) Wraithguard (320pts)
Wraithcannon, 10x Wraithguard (320pts)

Troops (210pts)
(DE) Kabalite Warriors (105pts)
5x Kabalite Warrior (40pts)
(DE) Venom (65pts)
Splinter Cannon (10pts)
(DE) Venom (65pts)
Splinter Cannon (10pts)

Lord of War (325pts)
(E) Wraithknight (325pts)
Ghostglaive and Scattershield, 2x Scatter Laser (30pts)

Formation (625pts)
Formation (Y): Triumvirate of the Ynnead (625pts)
(Y) The Visarch, Sword of Ynnead (150pts), (Y) The Yncarne, Avatar of Ynnead (275pts), (Y) Yvraine, Emissary of Ynnead (200pts)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2017, 08:45

So I did some playtesting and soul-searching (Very Happy) and thought to myself that the direction is good, but the tools are bad, so I changed it up a bit:

Y Reborn Warhost (1850pts)

HQ (210pts)
(DE) Archon (95pts)
Close Combat Weapon, Splinter Pistol, Webway Portal (35pts)
(E) Farseer (115pts)
Skyrunner Jetbike (15pts), Witchblade

Elites (505pts)
(E) Wraithguard (320pts)
Wraithcannon, 10x Wraithguard (320pts)
(H) Solitaire (185pts)
Artefact (Y): The Lost Shroud (35pts), Harlequin's Kiss, Haywire Grenades (5pts)

Troops (210pts)
(DE) Venom (65pts)
Splinter Cannon (10pts)
(DE) Venom (65pts)
Splinter Cannon (10pts)

Fast Attack (320pts)
(DE) Beastmasters (160pts)
5x Clawed Fiend (150pts)
Beastmaster (10pts)
Close Combat Weapon
(DE) Beastmasters (160pts)
5x Clawed Fiend (150pts)
Beastmaster (10pts)
Close Combat Weapon

Heavy Support (330pts)
(E) Wraithlord (165pts)
2x Bright Lance (40pts), 2x Flamer, Ghostglaive (5pts)
(E) Wraithlord (165pts)
2x Bright Lance (40pts), 2x Flamer, Ghostglaive (5pts)

Lord of War (275pts)
(Y) The Yncarne, Avatar of Ynnead (275pts)

This list is all about mobility and being where the units need to be. Personally I think that the Beastmaster packs are the units that benefit the most from Soulburst, as a pack of Clawed Fiends packs hell of a punch and have tons of mobility as well as being something of a rare sight in eldar - a good meatshield.
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2017, 11:55

I agree that clawed fiends could be awesome: T1 charge with word of the phoenix, and they benefit a lot from Ynnead stirs (fnp & fearless).
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2017, 22:55

I love beast masters and the only thing I might do with your list is add some khymaeras to your beast Master squads, having the daemon save on top of the fnp from the Yncarne would give your clawed fiends a little more survivability as a meat shield and if you don't soulburst your beast masters on a turn they charge and your khymaeras year up the first target (they can be pretty devastating in close combat too) then you can soulburst charge into another target ( both times using the khymaeras as overwatch cover for the clawed fiends) then your clawed fiends would still get their chance to tear something up in close combat and you might get away with wiping two units off the board instead of one ... But your list looks solid to me and is more then likely better than the CC list I came up with which uses and abuses the part of the reborn warhost that says two units can soulburst if the army numbered 7 or more units but also uses two full units of wyches and a full unit of incubi and not a single vehicle
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 07:20

I am mostly a painter and collector and not a player, that's why I try to use models that I like to paint and/or that can be fun to do a conversion (ex. I plan to make Sylvaneth Treelords into Wraithlords etc.) so basically that's the main reason for Kabalites in Venoms (and those 20+ Poison shots per turn ain't nothing to scoff at). I was thinking about Khymeras but from my playtests they are far easier to remove from the board, especially in overwatch as their lackluster T4 means they don't soak typical flamer rolls as good as Fiends.
They are also a boring painting challange (the Finecast ones are very nice, but I don't plan to spend 500+ $ and would do a conversion) unless I'll find a fun idea for a conversion. Hmm, maybe I'll check out how a four-legged Dryad looks like... Very Happy
Also, footslogger Incubi and Wyches are a waste of points in my opinion, as DE vehicles are Assult, so you have a nice delivery system for your CC beaters.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 16:13

I play tested a list with vehicles sadly the way the ruling is with soulburst is units in vehicles can't use a soulburst action because they aren't technically on the table ... Which is why I foot slogged them rather then put them in vehicles, I totally agree with you it's more then likely a waist of points, and won't run very good but I have a "trial and error" type of attitude so it will take many games of play testing before I find a list I really enjoy playing... I wonder if I should get some Sslyth and make a 12 strong unit of them for a court of the archon ... but I also stuck a shadowseer in the units for veil of tears meaning that my opponent has a max range of 24 inches against my stuff if they shoot at the units with a shadow seer and a farseer for invisibility on the unit without veil of tears to give them a bit more survivability ... But I honestly don't know if it's gonna work till I play it
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 16:20

I play tested a list with vehicles sadly the way the ruling is with soulburst is units in vehicles can't use a soulburst action because they aren't technically on the table ... Which is why I foot slogged them rather then put them in vehicles, I totally agree with you it's more then likely a waist of points, and won't run very good but I have a "trial and error" type of attitude so it will take many games of play testing before I find a list I really enjoy playing... I wonder if I should get some Sslyth and make a 12 strong unit of them for a court of the archon ... but I also stuck a shadowseer in the units for veil of tears meaning that my opponent has a max range of 24 inches against my stuff if they shoot at the units with a shadow seer and a farseer for invisibility on the unit without veil of tears to give them a bit more survivability ... But I honestly don't know if it's gonna work till I play it
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 16:27

I'm not saying shoot out of transports, assult out of them. The units can charge from Assult Vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 18:24

Ah then I was misunderstanding, that could be an idea ... Flat out the fast skimmers across the board 24" and then move the unit as a soulburst action if their transport is destroyed? Or charge if they are close enough?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 18:28

You can not CHARGE from assault vehicles. You can Charge in a turn you disembarked from one though. Disembarking only happens during the actual movement phase it is not movement.

@Archon_91 reread the process for how you destroy a transport. When it goes down they actually are on the table.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 18:56

@amorrowlady that much I know, but not being a good player I was wondering if I was misunderstanding something, I played a game over the weekend and the way it was is if the transport was destroyed the unit inside COULD soulburst off the destruction of the transport cause at that point they are, as you said, on the table, but the unit in a different transport could not soulburst (if it was close enough to do so) if there were no survivors from the first if it exploded seeing as they are in essence not on the table
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 19:19

Oh okay, that's a totally different set of circumstances . It sounds like your handling that correctly then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reborn CC Host Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn CC Host   Reborn CC Host I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reborn CC Host
Page 1 of 1