THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29 2017, 06:58

Dear Archons, Autarchs, variable degrees of vat regenerated mass and other peers,

I am planning a jetbike themed psyker list with option to null depo for 1850 points.

The core would be Ynnari warhost
HQ: Autarch on bike, laser lance, banshee mask

Elites:
Shadowseer ml2, mask (for fearless)

Troops:
3x3 SL bikes
1x5 rangers

Fast Attack:
2x3 Reaver jetbikes with blasters + Clusters
1x2 Skyweaver with glaives

Heavy support:
2x1 Vauls wrath batteries with monofilament

LOW:
Yncarne

Formation: Jetseercouncil
Farseer with stone and spear
Farseer with spear
3x1 Warlocks with spears
2x1 warlocks with blades

Formation: Ulthwe strike force
2x1 Vypers with double shuriken cannons
1x1 War walker with Scatter lasers
1x1 War walker with bright lances

Idea would be to give enemy first turn, null depo or almost just deploying two vauls wraths and rangers by infiltrate. If enemy triest to alfa strike e.g. drop pod the few units on the table I can drop yncarne on the table enemies turn.
Ulthwe strike force hopefully arrives in force turn 1. Then I need to weather for a turn before rest come on.

Autarch joins either seer council or reavers.
Shadowseer joins council for 'can't shoot me' + giving fearless to the unit.
Farseers roll for fate, telepathy and GOI/sanctuary and nova spells
Warlocks go for Battle for jinx and terrify/reventant discipline
Yncarne goes all Revenant

This is not full list yet, so there is room to play around with points.

How do you see this would play against:
Demi company on wheels
Demi company in drop pods

Looking forward to your experiences and comments!
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29 2017, 19:02

Considering any demi company worth it's salt is going to be packing 3 units of Sisters of Silence in Rhinos I'd be careful relying on any psykers doing anything at all.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 03:51

Null deploy is great and does something that the army might otherwise struggle with - killing the sisters of silence.

All the forces I have seen are 3 minimum units in rhinos. So you have 3 units of 5 who are T3, 3+ and 3 Av11 3hp vehicles.

You need to build the USF around dealing with this scenario if you think its a factor in games in your area.

Running 4 war walkers - say 2 with scatter lasers and 2 with (oh my god I am considering this) star cannons. 4 with twin scatter lasers would be more than ok as well.

You deploy them on a flank and use them to clear a space for the seer council to deploy on.

Killing wise, to kill 5 sisters you need 27 scatter laser shots... so 3 war walkers do the job. If they have 5+ cover, you need 15 star cannon shots - again 3 walkers do the job. If they are in the open is obviously less!

The rhinos need around 14 S6 shots at AV11 BS4 to bring down through hull points. With a cover save its about 24 shots. Obviously both these drop with Av10.

Target the rhinos first at rear armour ideally then use the scatpacks to kill sisters. You should be able to mop them up reasonably quickly at range. If they arnt essentially wiped out in your T1, you need to have cleared a half of the table for your council to have its buff up. Then you can clear the rest in T2

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 04:06

There is a reason the meta is shifting away from psychic death stars and SoS are a big part of it. If you list tailor you can get around SoS. What you can't get around is the fact you brought 3 units of overpriced War Walkers to kill 3 Rhinos and then become fodder for Moment of Bloodshed.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 04:24

I really rate the 65 point single war walker with twin scatter lasers in an USF. As a standard heavy choice I agree they suck, but in this detachment with the options for deployment and the provision for null deploy they are gold.

They are also only a few points more than the equivalent of a pair of scatter bikes and can in some situations be hugely more effective.

I threw a single walker into combat with a unit of horrors on the weekend just gone. They cant flee from it (thanks to the daemon rules) but could not hurt it. All their witchfires are useless at that point and thanks to the walkers low kill rate I was able to kill the 1-2 spawned horrors each turn with other units. It locked up an ObSec scoring unit away from the objective and essentially denied 2 witchfires a turn. Not bad for 65 points!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 14:22

To be honest Sisters of Silence are good but their LD debuff does not work on us as we should be Stubborn (Reborn Warhost) which take a little bit of bite out of them especially when it comes to Psyk-Out Grenades. Obviously the Null-Zone-like effect is the hard counter but the Warhost does minimize them to a degree.

They are cheap and can be a nasty counter to any Psyker Heavy Deathstars. I think too, when you see people take them, you might not take psykers themselves as their bubble of influence effects friendly psykers as well. So, they are trading the stopping of psykers (and the chance their opponent takes them) for the inability to effectively take psykers themselves.
Back to top Go down
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 14:37

rocknpaper n' psyker n' antipsyker brings balance to the force...
the biggest risk in a list like this would be to miss out on two rounds of psyker support. Still even the seer council has a good chance of bringing sister group down in single turn with sfd and charge. It would not make it unsable but much much weaker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped   Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari 1850 jetbike theme list comments hoped
Page 1 of 1