THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hello fellow Archons!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

Hello fellow Archons! Empty
PostSubject: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 13:41

Greetings dear community,
my name is Marc, I'm 20 years old, from Koblenz, Germany and into 40k for about 8 years now and started playing Dark Eldar when the new Codex came out, for I always kinda liked the DE, but the majority of the old miniatures range just wasn't really attractive to me (granted, there are some exceptions, but the majority just isn't really convincing imho) Wink
When I saw what a great job the miniature designers from GW did with the new DE range, I decided to finally start my army of DE.
I own just a few miniatures up until now, for I just didn't have enough time to paint etc. (just moved into another apartment, started working at the Emergency medical service of the German Red Cross etc.) and whenever I had the time, a lack of motivation made any progress nearly impossible.
By now I only finished one 5 man squad of Blaster- Warriors in a Venom, a Succubus and 3 Warriors of the second squad.

But enough of that, I'll sure start a new thread once my new camera has been delivered.

Back to the beginning of my 40k- "career":
I started- just like the majority of players I guess- with beakies. To be more precise, I chose the Black Templars as my first army and played them for some years (not really successful though) until I changed to vanilla Marines, playing them for about 2 more years.
Then I got into Orks- which still are my main Army (even though they're just round about 2,5k pts).
A bit later, I started playing IG for some time, but noticed that this just wasn't what I was looking for.

When I started collecting DE finally, I did some test games on vassal (I guess you know that program) and found out, that these dark panzees actually are quite a lot of fun to play- I love the gameplay and how different it is to that of the Orks.

To cut a long story short, DE got me and I guess I'm gonna have quite some fun collecting, painting and playing this army.

Looking forward to the time to come in this forum.

Sincerely,
red_head

Last edited by red_head on Mon Oct 31 2011, 16:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 14:19

Welcome! Looking forward to the pics of of your army. If the model in your avatar is any indication it should be a beautiful one.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 14:25

Jep, the model in my avatar is a Trueborn Kabalite Warrior I painted for a contest 4 months ago and it basically looks like the other models of mine- with some color scheme variations due to the fact it's not a usual Warrior.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 14:39

Nice work! Do they all have white helmets? I really like the contrast to the dark colors and metals on the model. We all await your pics in the project log forum.(Truth is, most of us like to steal conversion and painting ideas. But hey, can't play fair when you're playing Dark Eldar!)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 14:58

Hey, I came here searching for inspiration myself, so why not? ^^

The white helmets are something I actually stole from the Space Marines- only my TB are going to get these, my Kabalite Warriors got helmets that look just like the rest of the armour.

Yo know what? I'll just start a project log right away and post whatever pictures of my models I can find on my harddrive.
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 15:10

Hi red_head, welcome aboard! Orks are my main army as well, even though I've delved into others. I'm really enjoying DE myself, the modeling so far has been fun and the models are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your project log!
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 15:30

Thanks Dez!
Yeah, the new DE models are really neat and I enjoy painting every single one of them.

Also, I just started my project log with the pictures I got so far:
*klick*
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 20:57

Orks are my main as well Smile welcome to the forums red_head!

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast -Dariaq Bladetongue of the Pierced Eye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Archons!   Hello fellow Archons! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello fellow Archons!
Page 1 of 1