THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Caelyr
Slave

Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 17:40

Hey everyone and welcome to the start of my project log. This is mainly going to be slowly built log with a friend of mine where we are each building a new army, starting with a set amount of money and have a budget per month to build our forces (for those that are curious, he's starting Space Marines). The end result is we'd like to take painted forces to Da Boyz GT in 2012 and see how we do (I vote playing each other on the bottom table last round). Wink

So here's the 1850 list I designed and below the monthly purchases and how I plan to get there.

Archon- Power Weapon, Shadowfield, Soultrap, Combat Drug (Rides with Incubi), Webway Portal
Haemonculus- Liquifier Gun (Rides with Incubi as well), Webway Portal

5 Incubi- Klavex with Onslaught, Raider with Flickerfield

5 Warriors with Blaster, Venom with second Splinter Cannon
10 Warriors, one with Dark Lance
10 Wyches- Hekatrix with Agonizer
10 Wyches- Hekatrix with Agonizer

10 Scourges with 2 Haywire Blasters and 2 Heat Lances

Ravager with Flickerfield
Razorwing jetfighter with Flickerfield
Cronos with Spirit Vortex

So how I plan on getting here:
We're starting out with a $150 budget then starting in Feb giving us $50/month to keep building our forces with. So my rough plan is.

Starting force:
2 boxes of Warriors
Venom
Razorwing
Archon blister

Feb (this is going to be a very busy month for me, so I'm not getting alot and will save the money for another month)
Wyches box

March
Incubi box
Raider

April
Warriors box
Scourges box

May
Ravager

June
Cronos

July
Venom
Scourges box

August
Wyches box
Heamonculus

This will take me to right about the deadline but I think it'll all get done. Granted my list can change with practice games with proxy models and seeing how the list performs, or things like new codexes, 6th edition hitting, etc. It should be a fun time. Smile

The paint scheme I'm going for is painting red scales for the vechiles, bone armor for the infantry (being the fangs of the viper), dark red for the Incubi, black for the Wyches and Coven models. Overall I hope it'll look really cool when done.

Last edited by Caelyr on Tue Nov 08 2011, 17:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 18:29

Looking forward to it. I really wish that I had started my army this way instead of doing the "Holy crap, I think I'll buy EVERYTHING and stare at models on the sprue. Sounds like a fun project to do with a friend with the added challenge of keeping your purchases on a $50 per month budget. Good stuff!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Caelyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 18:50

Well with myself being the only income for the household and my friend having a small child to take care of, the $50/month budget was not only a good idea but also a must. It also only accounts for models, not thing like paints and other hobby supplies.
Back to top Go down
Bowen
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 16:09

It doesn't seem like your list would do well against Blood Angels or anything your (clearly tactically superior) friend plays. I would save yourself the money and just not worry about trying to beat such a titan of gaming as this friend of yours.

Edit: He is also planning a pretty boss paint scheme, or so I hear. Cool
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 14:13

I am very interested in the color scheme. I think there is a lot of potential to do some very amazing looking models and while the budget is kinda of a bummer, life is kind of like that from time to time, it does give an opportunity to spend that little bit of extra time on those models.

One thing that might make this whole army pop is making the bases look like a dried river bed or cracked mud. A dull grey ground color, when held against the white bone and the red I think would be just PIMP!

my 2 cents, looking forward to seeing more.

Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Caelyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 14:18

I've actually been thinking about doing an industrial Imperial city for the bases. I have a box of the 40k basing kit I was thinking of putting to some use.
Back to top Go down
Caelyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 21:01

Tragedy has struck already! So I was looking onto the GT's website I'm planning on attending and it seems they have a comp system in place. Basicly your army starts with a score of 80 and based on certain choices (mainly repeated units) you get deductions for each unit category. Your army needs to score at least a 30 in order to attend the GT....as it stands right now I'm at a -30. The big hit was having 6 dedicated transports, anything over 3 you got deductions. Embarassed

Now, I know this is 11 months away and things can change so some of you may say not to worry. However, I like the idea that they are going with this and what they are trying to accomplish. Less spamming 6 uber efficient troops choices, 3 of the best elite, 3 of the best heavy support, with a beefed up special character and calling it a day. Yes, I'm over generalizing but bear with me.

Also, if the rumors are true, 6th edition might be out by then which they may say "It's too early to judge comp so close to a release to a new edition, everyone take what you like". It's a valid point. When 8th ed Warhammer hit the shelves, thats what happened for about 6 months while people adjusted to the new rules.

However, I'd rather be safe than sorry. So I'm going to have to adjust my list and purchase order in the first post. If my theories are right (with me guessing while at work with no codex), I should end up with a score of 60, while not max, should be good enough to get a decent score. Granted I could just make a focused webway portal army and only take the two transports to try and get the full 80 comp points, but I think the lack of skimmers will hurt my painting theme.

On a good note, I have my first box of warriors purchased and I should have a test model done this week or next. I have to work on my Warriors of Chaos army for a team tournament this coming weekend, but I'll try for you guys.

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Caelyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2011, 17:25

Just updated my list and purchase plan. Main thing I'm debating now is if to keep the Hekatrixes with Agonizers or giving them wych weapons for more attacks.
Back to top Go down
Caelyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 02:45

Here's a WiP shot of one of my warriors.

Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List Dewarr11
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 02:51

Do you have a link with a larger pic? I'm interested in your light colored scheme.

Back to top Go down
Caelyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 14:09

I'm going to try and get a better picture this weekend with the finished mini. This was just a test shot with my camera phone. I'm trying for a very old textured bone look on the armor, like the Kabal is trying to inspire fear in their enemies with a very menacing look.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 15:09

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to the pics. Great concept.

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 16:17

I'm also very curious to see a better close up, this looks very promising.

Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List   Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Crimson Viper-Tale of x Gamers type log. Introduction and List
Page 1 of 1