THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wave Serpent Assembly

Go down 
+3
amishprn86
mightydoughnut
krayd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Wave Serpent Assembly Empty
PostSubject: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27 2017, 19:02

So, I opened a wave serpent box to take a crack as assembling one for the first time, and it seems like the assembly instruction manual is.. woefully incomplete. The instructions are about 2 pages long, and there are sprues/parts in the box that do not appear to be in the manual at all. Is this representative of the most recently produced instructions for wave serpent assembly, or did I somehow get an outdated manual? The box itself is the 7th edition version.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27 2017, 20:23

Best way to assemble Wave Serpents is as follows:

Step 1: Ponder why would you ever pick Craftworlders
Step 2: Sell your Eldar
Step 3: Buy Dark Eldar for better looking vehicles
Step 4: Profit and happiness

And on a serious note - just write to GW support, they usually are nice enough to provide help with stuff like that.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27 2017, 20:55

Ha. I've been playing Dark Eldar for 17 years. I have *plenty* of DE vehicles.

This is me 'branching out' a bit. It's nice to have a small contingent of craftworlders for a change of pace, or for the occasional 'superfriends' alliance.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 08:39

Doesnt the WS also make a Falcon? you not looking at Falcon instructors?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 10:35

The Wave Serpent box is a bit confusing. The instructions are for the Wave Serpent, but the parts for the Falcon are included too. That means you have a spare back section and door and some weapons and sensors that you don't need in the Wave Serpent assembly.

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 03:54

Is that what all those bits were for? I thought it odd that I had two options for the back section of the tank.

I also found that there were bits for many of the guns that I couldn't figure out where to place as well.
Back to top Go down
lmrz
Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 08:57

I had the same problem. There's two backs - the longer one is the one that you need for the Wave Serpent. I used some blue-tac to dry fit it all together first. It goes together pretty easily.

The thing I wasn't sure about was the bits that hang out the front - which were what.

Happy to help out if you need a hand.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 15:44

I eventually figured it out. Longer back is for the wave serpent. There are two antenna things in the box, and, judging from various wave serpent images, it doesn't matter which one you use. There are also some extra soul-stone-ish attachments, which look like they're entirely optional... most common placement is one to the right of the cockpit, and one on the front left side.

Some of the diagrams on the instruction guide were a little confusing, but I eventually figured out how to put it all together based on how well pieces fit after pushing them together in various ways.
Back to top Go down
lmrz
Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 15:55

if this was the sims you'd have upped your hobby skills by +5
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 19:11

XD

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Assembly   Wave Serpent Assembly I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wave Serpent Assembly
Page 1 of 1