THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New models

Go down 
+17
Diurach
lament.config
RegoCrux
Imateria
nerdelemental
Dark Elf Dave
|Meavar
Marrath
The Strange Dark One
amishprn86
Thor665
Mppqlmd
URIEN
Burnage
Lord Nakariial
Chippen
Lord Xelian
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Xelian
Hellion
Lord Xelian

New models Empty
PostSubject: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 21:05

hi all, do you think it is far that in the new index/edition gw has deleted all characters like Lady Malys, Asdrubual vect, Sliscus..... Some of them where intresting and now we have only a few special HQ...
I rly want some new character for DE!! Expecially a powerfull and malicious Vect!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 22:13

It would be great if we had effective/efficient HQs. Following the pattern of codex releases so far? I'm guessing either current characters get buffed or we get new ones.

URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 09:10

As a long time DE player, expect nothing. Don't get your hopes up. The only new model we've had since 3rd ed', not including updates of models or FW, is the Voidraven Bomber and maybe you could count the Cronos. Although I would happily be proven wrong, if there's any time to get new models it is now.

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 14:22

I semi mentioned this in a previous thread but I believe that Orks, Tyranids, Dark Eldar and then finally Sisters will get new models, as well as the obvious adds to Marines...because they need more SPEHSS MAHREENS!

Incubi
Burnage

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 14:29

URIEN wrote:
As a long time DE player, expect nothing. Don't get your hopes up. The only new model we've had since 3rd ed', not including updates of models or FW, is the Voidraven Bomber and maybe you could count the Cronos. Although I would happily be proven wrong, if there's any time to get new models it is now.

"Not including updates of models" is pretty unfair - the current Grotesques, Wracks, Talos and Mandrakes share almost nothing in common with the 3rd edition versions.

Also, we recently got a lovely model for Lady Malys. Shame it was using the name Yvraine for some reason.
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 14:39

But they're not new, that's the point. They're just updates. I wouldn't consider them new as they already had an existing model. I use old and new Talos', they're both the same unit entry.

Plus Yvraine is far from Malys.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 16:48

Quote :
Also, we recently got a lovely model for Lady Malys. Shame it was using the name Yvraine for some reason.
Probably a typo anyway Razz

Archon
Thor665

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 01:06

URIEN wrote:
Would you count the Succubus models considering that before we didn't have an Archite officially?

New models that aren't updates would be;
Razorwing Flocks
Clawed Fiends
Beastmaster (a gray area, but since it's now on a Hellboard it's a totally new deal then it used to be)
Grotesques (or Wracks depending how you want to count old Grotesques)
Razorwing Jetfighter
Voidraven Bomber
Venom
Succubus (depending on opinion to above question)
Tantalus and Reaper from FW if we wish to count them

We've also had our *entire* old line updated (except for Drazhar for...reasons) - something a lot of other armies would kill for.

I'd say we've doing pretty well in the grand scope of updates, not that I couldn't do with more Very Happy

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 01:31

If we get new Models/Units (not finecast to plastic but completely new) it would most likely be Vect and his Dias.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 01:49

Honestly, I'd simply prefer more plastic models along with more and new wargear. Disintegrator Carbines, please make it happen Razz

Anyway, if there is a special character I'd want back, it's the Duke. Come on, his fluff is just the best thing ever and a good artist can just go all and be crazy with his design.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 05:14

Want more HQs!!!
Bring "back" Baron, Duke and Lady please.
With own models and all that.
And Kheradruakh while you're at it.
That would make me happy but i wouldn't bet on it, even though the tremendous output of cool minis as of contemporary Death Guard makes me mildly optimistic.

|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 06:01

I think we can pretty much expect one of 2 things.

A) we get a lot of new things like primarius marines/ death guard
B) we get few if any new sculpts (normal marines / imperial guard/ adeptus mechanicus)

We have a lot of good sculpts already, will likely not get many (if any) new unit entries: I think we will fall in catogory B
I would love it if we gained a extra plastic sculpts, but I doubt it.

Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 08:31

You're all nitpicking. anyway, I'm simply saying we haven't seen anything NEW NEW, like the spesh mahrines. I didn't want to count FW because I can't even remember when those came out, gosh bring back that Raven fighter ;( Our sculpts are undeniably great. I'm just not one to get my hopes up... -_-

Wych
Dark Elf Dave

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 10:23

I don't think we should expect any new minis. Even if they did actually want to replace all the finecast...there is probably too much of it in our range to expect them to do it this year or next.

If you take Death Guard and Primaris out of the equation then there haven't been any new minis released with the new codex releases.
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 12:37

Although I'd like some of the new things mentioned in this thread I don't think we'll get any.
I expect a bolstering of Harlequin and Ynnari, however. Probably not even Harlequin. Ynnari might even give us some alternative stats to use with existing models, ala Corsairs.
We *might* get some resculpts released along with the book. I'd not even wager much, but if it came through I'd hope for Grotesques in a box, Kymera and Razorwings in box sets, and a Drazhar. That's the extent of my expectations with a dash of hopeful attitude.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 13:04

Thor665 wrote:
URIEN wrote:
Would you count the Succubus models considering that before we didn't have an Archite officially?

New models that aren't updates would be;
Razorwing Flocks
Clawed Fiends
Beastmaster (a gray area, but since it's now on a Hellboard it's a totally new deal then it used to be)
Grotesques (or Wracks depending how you want to count old Grotesques)
Razorwing Jetfighter
Voidraven Bomber
Venom
Succubus (depending on opinion to above question)
Tantalus and Reaper from FW if we wish to count them

We've also had our *entire* old line updated (except for Drazhar for...reasons) - something a lot of other armies would kill for.

I'd say we've doing pretty well in the grand scope of updates, not that I couldn't do with more Very Happy
You can add Sslyth, Lhamaeans, Medusae and Ur-Guls to the list of units that didn't exist in 3rd that got models, and though they've never had models Trueborn and Bloodbrides didn't exist in the 3rd ed dex (though you could take bodyguards).
Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 21:46

I'd be happy with some new Trueborn models in ghostplate.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 21:55

I'd really like to see grotesques, beasts, and the court get boxes simply because repeating the same models over and over kinda sucks. Though there are options for conversions for all of those.

New HQ minis would be sweet and maybe some sort of LoW that we all hoped for before the 7th ed codex came out.
Back to top Go down
Diurach
Hellion
Diurach

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 13:00

I think some special characters would be interesting and I really hope we get some. I myself have never really used them much though, as I much prefer inventing and fleshing out my own characters. New models though would be great...always love new units!
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 20:31

Said it before, but... When we got the new arms crossed tip-toe plastic Archon, it would have been so easy to call him Duke Sliscus or Asdrubael Vect. We already had an awesome Archon model with some really useful weapon/head swap options. Not sure why that one went out of production.

Wych
Archon_91

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 21:45

It was finecast and they want to move the entire model range to plastic ... I'm not saying the model is awesome I preferred the look of the finecast ... But there you go ...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 21:47

Archon_91 wrote:
It was finecast and they want to move the entire model range to plastic ... I'm not saying the model is awesome I preferred the look of the finecast ... But there you go ...

I hate the new Archon model............ I just made my own from Night Elf Corsairs, i needed Barons and Princes anyways... and now i have 7 Archons Sad

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 00:05

I mean... I suppose we could get dedicated Trueborn/Bloodbride models... (I currently use my old 3rd edition warriors/wyches for the job)
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 01:55

New models 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / New models 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New models Empty
PostSubject: Re: New models   New models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New models
Page 1 of 1