THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SFD vs Death Frenzy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clively
Sybarite
clively

SFD vs Death Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 01:59

The situation is that there are 3 units of 5 genestealers very near a broodlord.  

Yvraine and the Yncarne decide to take them on.  Yvraine assaults the broodlord (it was the closest model) and Yncarne ready to assault the first group of genestealers.  

Yvraine goes first and kills the broodlord.  

At this point two rules kick off.  Strength from Death and a Tyranid strategem called Death Frenzy which lets the slain brood lord fight again before it's removed.

Which one goes first?  

Assuming SfD goes first, I had Yvraine assault a second group of genestealers that was just a couple inches behind the brood lord.  She killed most of them.  Then the broodlords attacks hit and killed Yvraine.  

This seemed a bit weird so I'm not really thinking we played it right. The reason why I have a doubt is that the broodlord model isn't removed from the table until the Death Frenzy attacks play out.

slightly off-topic: The Yncarne SfD'd into the first group of genestealers (due to yvraine passing away) and removed all but one - which failed it's leaderhip check and fled.  Then took the regular assault turn and nearly finished off the 3rd unit of genestealers.  Go Go Gadget Ynnari.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 02:49

Sequencing side bar on the Psychic page of the rules: (paraphrased) whoever's turn it is chooses the order of activation for rules that are simultaneous. So it depends on who's turn it was. If it was your turn Yvraine goes first... Their turn, the Broodlord.

Just for clarification, you said SfD you "assaulted" with Yvraine. Was that choosing to Fight again?
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2017, 10:38

Myrvn wrote:
If it was your turn Yvraine goes first... Their turn, the Broodlord

To clarify, if it's your turn, you choose if Yvraine or the Broodlord effect goes first.
If it's your opponent, he can choose the one or the other too (even if players will tend to choose the one beneficing the most to them ^^)

SFD vs Death Frenzy 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / SFD vs Death Frenzy 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2017, 10:52

I can;t find the part of the rulebook which actually governs how Stratems ar eused, but as I iunderstand them, they interrupt normal play. In this case, I think SfD would be considered a part of the normal flow of the game where Ynnari are concerned, so a Strategem could interrupt it.

In that case, if killed something, and then declared Soulburst to either make a new Charge more or Fight another unit, the Strategem WOULD interrupt it and take place first.

Also, Soulburst is only activated AFTER the entire Fight sequence has finished. So AFTER the consoloidation move.

So the correct sequence of events, as I think I understand them based on how describe, was:
1 - Yvraine charges.
2 - Yvraine fights, and kills the Broodlord.
3 - At THIS point, the Strategem is used, allowing the Broodlord to fight Yvraine.
4 - In your case, the Broodlord killed Yvraine.

Had Yvraine survived, and as you wanted to use her, she would have:
4 - Yvraine complete hers Fight phase by Consolidation into the nearby genestealers.
5 - NOW, you trigger Soulburst on Yvraine to have another Fight phase, during which she fights the Genestealers.

HOWEVER:
"Models that charged this turn can only target enemy units that the charged in the previous phase."
Soulburst allows you to fight as if its the Fight phase. I DON'T think this overrides the limit above, so you couldn't fight the Genestealers, because you charged someone else this turn, and not the Genestealers.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2017, 19:28

Lesson learned: if you ever are within 12 inch of a unit without shooting attacks, always declare a charge against them, even if you might not fight them initially.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 10:28

That is true. There is nothing stopping you from declaring a Charge against a second unit, and not reaching it, but instead consolodating into it later. It still counts as a target for the Charge.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 17:00

yeah... I played that very wrong. Thanks for the input.

PostSubject: Re: SFD vs Death Frenzy   SFD vs Death Frenzy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SFD vs Death Frenzy
Page 1 of 1