THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins in Chapter Approved

Go down 
+3
amishprn86
submarine
hekatrixxy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

Harlequins in Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 09:19

Some nice buffs overall I think.

There is potential for a first turn charge with a large group of players. Webway a shadowseer and large troupe unit. Drop them in 9” away then cast twilight pathways on the troupe to move them closer. Charge is inevitable if the psychic power goes off.

3++ after advancing also potentiallly decreases the reliance on starweavers for every troupe unit.

The overpriced melee weapons have gone down now so taking a mix probably makes more sense now rather than just all embraces.

Deathjester still feels expensive for his damage output even with the points drop.

What are everyone else’s thoughts?

Hellion
submarine

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 09:38

I must have missed the rumours, where can I read them? I really wanted the bikes to get a points drop or buff because I would like to use them, were they improved or did they get a points reduction?

Do you have a link to the changes?
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 10:10

No changes to bikes. Check the Dark Eldar thread in the News & Rumours section on page 5. Pic of the DE points changes page on there, which also includes Harlequins points changes.

Hellion
submarine

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 10:38

thank you!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 23:28

Solitaire when down in pts also dont forget that, (only 7pts but its a plus).

The DJ isnt worth it still, he either needs to Dbl shoot, drop 10-15 more points or just a rules change.
GW is scared players will spam them in Starweavers, so i'd suggest a rules change.

The WWP has HUGE potential, i'm going to play this one for sure, with a Shadowseer and a Max troop unit for Melee as a test.

Ynnari unit
12 Man unit 12 with Embraces, and a Shadowseer, the Shadowseer casts Twilight Pathways and Fog of Dreams, then the 12man unit will charge w/e i want. (I might do FP's also)

Its Ynnari b.c i am DSing 9.001" away and moving 8" i can not fail my charge. This will also be able to trigger a SFD really easily.

Thats 48 S4 -3 attacks, if i go FP's as well then i will have 12 Melta Pistols then charge LOL.

Or take that unit as Harlequins and Twilight Pathways them with an Advancement to use the other stratagem to gain 3++ but i was thinking of using that other stratagem for my Skyweavers, it will at least keep a 6man unit on the table a lot longer, they might be worth their points now.

IMO the Skyweavers needed to be 6-7pts cheaper per guy, they are way over costed, GW is scared of them due to too many Turn 1 charges, they are the ONLY bike unit that didnt gain double wounds, they only got +1 wound, all other got double.

Overall its really good for them

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Gerst
Slave
Gerst

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2017, 16:01

This post gave me some ideas, which I used to put the following list together:

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [21 PL, 385pts] ++

+ HQ +

Farseer [6 PL, 100pts]: 1. Guide, 3. Fortune, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Warlock [2 PL, 35pts]: 1. Conceal/Reveal, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

Warlock [2 PL, 35pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

Warlock Skyrunner [4 PL, 75pts]: 3. Enhance/Drain, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [52 PL, 1115pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shadowseer [7 PL, 134pts]: 1. Twilight Pathways, Shuriken Pistol

Yvraine [7 PL, 132pts]: Ancestors' Grace, Word of the Phoenix

+ Troops +

Rangers [3 PL, 60pts]: 5x Ranger

Troupe [14 PL, 360pts]
. Player: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Embrace

+ Elites +

Solitaire [6 PL, 117pts]: Harlequin's Caress, Harlequin's Kiss

+ Fast Attack +

Windriders [12 PL, 252pts]
. 9x Windrider - Scatter Laser: 9x Scatter Laser

++ Total: [73 PL, 1500pts] ++

The Shadowseer and the 12-man Troupe use the new WWP stratagem for an (almost) guaranteed first turn charge. They should get to kill a unit and consolidate into another during their first fight phase, allowing them to get off a second fight phase with their Soulburst action.

The Windrider blob gets deployed normally and buffed with Guide, Fortune, Conceal, and Protect. They will also get to shoot twice thanks to Yvraine's Word of the Phoenix. Doom obviously goes on whatever needs to die most urgently.

Rangers are just decent-value troops that help to fill out the battalion detachment, and might be able to get some useful sniping in.

I included the Solitaire because I like him a lot, and he should be able to get into combat on turn two after my opponent struggles to deal with the Troupe in his face on turn one.

The Warlock Skyrunner is there to help keep my clowns alive by speeding up the board and using Drain on whatever they'll be engaging at the end of turn one. Between that and the Shadowseer's aura, they should be pretty resilient.

Some of the included characters might not be optimal, but this list looks extremely fun and I can't wait to try it.
Back to top Go down
Archonon
Slave
Archonon

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2017, 16:49

I have not the chapter approved in my hands but I guess that you can use the Harly' stratagems if and only if you have at least one Harly detachment.
Back to top Go down
Gerst
Slave
Gerst

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2017, 17:08

Archonon wrote:
I have not the chapter approved in my hands but I guess that you can use the Harly' stratagems if and only if you have at least one Harly detachment.

That's a good point - thanks. I guess in order to pull this off I need to play some games with detachment organization. Something like this:

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Harlequins) [19 PL, 383pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shadowseer [7 PL, 134pts]: 1. Twilight Pathways, Shuriken Pistol

+ Troops +

Troupe [7 PL, 150pts]
. 5x Player: 5x Fusion Pistol, 5x Harlequin's Embrace

+ Dedicated Transport +

Starweaver [5 PL, 99pts]: 2x Shuriken Cannon

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [52 PL, 1109pts] ++

+ HQ +

Yvraine [7 PL, 132pts]: Ancestors' Grace, Word of the Phoenix

Farseer [6 PL, 105pts]: 1. Guide, 3. Fortune, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ Troops +

Troupe [14 PL, 360pts]
. 12x Player: 12x Fusion Pistol, 12x Harlequin's Embrace

+ Fast Attack +

Windriders [12 PL, 252pts]
. 9x Windrider - Scatter Laser: 9x Scatter Laser

++ Total: [71 PL, 1492pts] ++
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2017, 18:47

Yes, thats the only bad part about stratagems and Harlequins, since the Quins dont have Flyers or long range anything it hard to play them as a full detachment without throwing in something extra.

Dont forget that the Solitaire is cheaper now, he is only 110pts.

Back to top Go down
HEEMAN
Slave
HEEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 19:24

@amishprn86 have you playtestet the wwe player blob yet? how did it work?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 19:39

HEEMAN wrote:
@amishprn86 have you playtestet the wwe player blob yet? how did it work?

Not yet, i got put into an Imperial army for adepticon lol, (Doubles, my friend only plays imperial) so we been practicing with his IG and my SoB.

Tho its 1st on my list right after it.

On a 2nd note, my Local store also moved locations (its a better place for use) so we havent been playing for a few weeks due to it being closed while it was being moved.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2018, 00:07

I've ran a 10 man troupe with Shadowseer a few times since chapter approved, 10 fusion pistols, 10 embraces.
They have taken down a knight twice now popping out of the webway, fantastic unit for taking out something big or a tough unit, they do tend to draw a lot of fire though and will get wiped out.
The Shadowseer has taken a 10 man tactical marine squad out on his own twice as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins in Chapter Approved   Harlequins in Chapter Approved I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins in Chapter Approved
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: