THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Custom HQ's - Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

Custom HQ's - Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Custom HQ's - Suggestions   Custom HQ's - Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 14:08

Hey all

So, I've been thinking about adding some custom models for my army based on the fluff I'm currently writing, and I was wondering if you had any ideas as to what models I could use to start with.

Here's what I'm looking to make:

Female Haemonculus
I've seen a few pictures online where people have used a Lhamaean as a base, but I want to know what other models could be used as a starting point, as I want a more dynamic pose. Maybe something like the Witch Elves from AoS, or something that can incorporate a long tail (Female Sslyth-Haemy anyone?). I'm assuming I'll use the Wracks/Haemonculus kit for the extra arms/weapons (unless you know any good alternatives).

Winged Archon
I intend to use Scourge wings, but don't necessarily want to 'waste' a Scourge model (I like using them too much!) and was wondering where is best to get spares/extra bits (UK-based preferred). Additionally, I want him to have a cape, but not the standard Archon's 'flesh' cape, and wield a large battleaxe (again, alternate model/kit ideas are welcome).

I should also point out that I would prefer not to use green stuff if necessary, as I've never used it before - I tend to kit-bash using what I've got to hand, and so far, that's been enough. Also, I would prefer to stick to GW models where possible (more of a personal preference). It'll be a challenge, I know - but I'm hopeful that the end results will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Custom HQ's - Suggestions   Custom HQ's - Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 14:44

Have you seen this one (https://www.ragingheroes.com/products/slithiss-le-sf) as a possible female Haemonculus?
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Custom HQ's - Suggestions   Custom HQ's - Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 18:14

i bought this to be my female haemonculus

https://www.ragingheroes.com/products/nepharya-necropriestess-ie

I have no painted it yet, but my idea is paint the metal tentacles like the flesh tentacles of the GW haemonculus and Urien, and the same with the coat
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: Custom HQ's - Suggestions   Custom HQ's - Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2018, 12:17

Hm, some interesting choices. Normally, I would prefer to stay with GW and kitbash, but those are too cool to not consider. Thank you @CurstAlchemist and @Rodi Sikni.

Also, what about the ideas for the winged archon? Any ideas on where I can buy individual bits or spare sprues? (UK-based would be preferred, though I can import if necessary)
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: Custom HQ's - Suggestions   Custom HQ's - Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2018, 22:42

I would say using ebay is probably your best bet for spare parts, the prices will sadly be a bit much but its better than having to buy a whole scourge squad.

For my female archon I used a warriors body and hand made the cloak for them from green-stuff, its a bit tricky and you might not like the finished results if you dont get it right, though some short coming can be covered up by the paint job. Alternatively ebay can sell cloaks from other models that might be able to fit.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Custom HQ's - Suggestions   Custom HQ's - Suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 13:53

Have you made Grotesques yet? I used Varghist/crypt ghouls for mine. If you do, you end up with left over bat-wings that may do the trick.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom HQ's - Suggestions   Custom HQ's - Suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom HQ's - Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: