THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Just started out Dark Eldar

Go down 
+4
Lyijysiipi
Burnage
Mppqlmd
Muffi88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

Just started out Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 03:12

I bought a Razorwing Jetfighter and the Old Start collecting since that 10 man wych troop with a venom didn't make much sense to me.

I'm thinking about buying the wych starter box next because those reavers are awesome and only get better in noumbers and I could use that venom to transport at least 5 wyches into the fray where they can bind ppl(?) while the others footslog with a succubus biding their time maybe?

The Talos Engine looks absolutely phantastic esp. in combination with urien and a group of wracks, so maybe I could also go for those but wouldn't they be missing the venom to get into battle fast enough? (I kinda don't see why I would ever use a chronos?)

Also is it just me or is getting to even 1000pts super expensive on dark eldar?

I'm not getting the court of archon for now because the point/€ value would be too expensive right now but I kinda can see that an archon with each of his bodyguards would b pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 13:12

Dark Eldar is actually pretty easy to collect, as you have many boxes that have excellent value. Trust me, I collect orkz and they are FAR more expensive.

Boxes that should get your attention : Start collecting (old and new), Gangs of Commoragh (6 reavers, 10 hellions for 45 euros), Splinter Assault (Raider + 10 kabs for 45 euros) and Scourges (5 scourges for 22 euros).

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 14:11

Mppqlmd wrote:
Boxes that should get your attention : Start collecting (old and new), Gangs of Commoragh (6 reavers, 10 hellions for 45 euros), Splinter Assault (Raider + 10 kabs for 45 euros) and Scourges (5 scourges for 22 euros).

This is good advice, but it's worth pointing out that the 2016 Start Collecting box, Gangs of Commorragh and Splinter Assault are all no longer made so they might be difficult to get hold of.
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 14:22

Also, if you are looking to cut down on costs, you might wanna take a peek at some special weapon conversion videos. Making a Dark Eldar army 'What you see is what you get' can get real expensive and fast. I am a bit too stubborn and bought 5 packets of scourges (125e) just so I could get 5 'WYSIWYG' scourge groups. There a good videos on how to cut and piece together similar enough weapons to mark them as different weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 14:28

Actually another popular tip is to magnetize weaponry. For instance, my Razorwing Jet Fighter can choose between dark lances and disintegration cannons, I magnetized the weapon barrels connection point so that way I do not have to buy 2 separate RJFs if I want to wield either or. I just need to switch the tips accordingly. Also a life saver on units like the Raider and the Ravager, and the Taloi, and the Cronos, and the Reaver Jetbikes...... The list goes on for a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 19:53

Supposedly Gangs is coming back, but Drukhari are kind of in a tough spot right now with everything sold out everywhere. Try to get a Ravager, I dare you!

I have 3 old starters and 1 new, plus two scourges and two razorwings. Kind of want another new starter for 20 Wyches and 15 reavers.
Back to top Go down
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:32

I kinda wanna get 3 patrol detachments as fast as possible. The gangs of Comorroah is missing a HQ for that purpose or am I wrong? Maybe get the gangs of Comorroah box and Lilith Hesperax or a Succubus seperately? Not sure what I should think about hellions but it really does seem better to get 6 reavers and a bunch of hellions instead of an additional venom that seems out of place.

Edit: Hellions are Fast units so I would still need Wyches for the Detachment.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:37

If you want 3 legal patrols the quickest way to do it is the old and new Start Collecting boxes, and then grabbing a Haemonculus and box of Wracks.
Back to top Go down
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:44

Yes but I also want reaver bikes, damn. I'm not sure about the hellions. What do you think about a venom? Why did they put a venom in a box with 10 wyches and a succubus? are 5 supposed to footslog and 5 supposed to sit in that venom?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:51

There are 3 bikes in every Start Collecting Smile

Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 23:06

gangs of commoragh is still available, at least on the german website
Back to top Go down
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 23:20

that box has six tho Razz, altho a second raider through a second kabalite start collecting isn't out of the question.

I'm also on the fence if I should get urien rakarth, makes me unflexible when it comes to playing a certain faction (that - DS on melee attacks looks juicy)
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 00:53

Click on my sig and check out the army building guide if you're just starting out!

Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 01:56

Mppqlmd wrote:
Dark Eldar is actually pretty easy to collect, as you have many boxes that have excellent value. Trust me, I collect orkz and they are FAR more expensive.

pretty much named everything i bought this year lol.
Back to top Go down
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 02:07

Btw let's say the ossifactor kills something and kills something on a 4+ with a mortal wound, do I roll again to kill on a 4+ or does it end there?
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 02:47

Yet another common tip is that Raider Ravager both have 3 'extra' crew members that you can either place on the vehicles or, as many do, make them into 'free' infantry with some surplus bases and bits. The Venom has a 'extra' 3 wyches. And then there is the host of alternative model conversion guides (crypt Horros box plus extra talos bits from a cronos kit= 3 crotesques pretty easy). The site is stuffed with guides and recommendations on that front.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 03:39

Muffi88 wrote:
Btw let's say the ossifactor kills something and kills something on a 4+ with a mortal wound, do I roll again to kill on a 4+ or does it end there?
I would say it ends there, because they suffer a mortal wound, rather than being killed by the weapon. 7 points for potentially endless chain of death in a unit seems unintended.
Back to top Go down
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 13:27

withershadow wrote:
Muffi88 wrote:
I would say it ends there, because they suffer a mortal wound, rather than being killed by the weapon. 7 points for potentially endless chain of death in a unit seems unintended.

Well the chance for each unit gets much lower and a mortal wound doesn't mean a weapon didn't kill something. For example if a Haywire deals mortal wounds and kills something through them how would you explain the target died? Rust? ^^
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 14:01

Internals frying and exploding from being overloaded? The gun only triggers the catastrophic failure, all the real damage comes from within.
Back to top Go down
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 14:27

I'm really not going by the fluff on the rules, I'm mostly going by how they are written because your imagination can always go either way.

I could also argue that the body that explodes spreads out the liquid fired by the gun thus spreading it further.

Not hitting a titan warlord right in front of your nose doesn't make sense either you know? :s
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 15:38

How it is written, the enemy suffers a mortal wound, it is not dealt. I’d love to be wrong on this one though.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 16:48

Waiting for FAQ for this one. But as it is written, the bonesplosion happens.

Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 17:18

Time to throw a Precision Blows Whip Succubus at a Titan let's go.

PostSubject: Re: Just started out Dark Eldar   Just started out Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just started out Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1