THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers Empty
PostSubject: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 16:31

Running a black heart spearhead with 3 ravagers is a given, I was going to run additional ravagers but with the new rule of three I am looking into other options:

So Reaper in the archon's reroll bubble or a RWJF?

RWJF- assuming black heart will have a 6+++ FNP and the following profile options:
145 pts
36" 2x DL str8 -4AP D6
36" Missiles
24" twin splinter

135 pts
36" 6x DC str6 -3AP 2D
36" Missiles
24" twin splinter

Reaper- Can someone help me fill in the weapon profile/cost for the reaper so I can decide if it's worth getting one?

From the little I know of these it seems like it would be decent if it doesn't have to move (-1 for heavy) and it would benefit from rerolls on hits and wounds where the RWJF would not.

Is the reaper Kabal so it gets the 6+++ FNP?
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 16:36

Reaper can take any keyword. Heavy mode for the reaper is basically a d6 shots dark lance I think, while the lighter mode is 2d6 s6 shots I think. Not sure about the cost but I think it's more than a ravager/razorwing, you can check on battlescribe if you use that. It's a heavy weapon though which is meh, I'd stick with the razorwing because you'll never be disappointed about taking one of those.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 16:37

Reaper is D6 Lance shots or 2D6 S6 ap0 1D, Its 150pts T6, 12W (so 2 more than Ravager), so you can stay max BS/Movement for 2 more wounds.

Its more worth it if you want more Ravagers but especially worth it if you need to stop melee armies, b.c the gun has a rule if you kill a model that unit can not advance.

Honestly, if i were to make a full 100% Kabal shooting list, I would have 3 Ravagers, 3 RWJF and 2 Reapers, along with the 5-6 Kabals in Raiders with a mix of BH and Flayed Skull/Obi Rose.

Note: Reapers are VERY important to Cult and Coven b.c they are the Ravager for them as they have all 3 keywords.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 16:50

Is it correct that the Lance shoots are the standard 36", but the anti infantry is only 24"?
Is the advance rule for both profiles and effects the next enemy movement phase?

Also what do most tournaments allow in terms of forge-world, I believe our area may only allow 1 unit of forge-world, which would be 1 reaper in this case.

I haven't decided if I would run the RWJF's as black heart or flayed skull yet, but thought it would be a simpler comparison to consider them both black heart.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 16:53

is the str/toughness/leadership of the reaper the same as ravager? 12W is the only difference?
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 17:27

Last question... maybe... isn't there a special shock prow on the reaper?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 18:06

Yes, it is nasty in HTH.

that being said, I played a reaper in a GT, and dropped it.
It was ok, but not really worth the points and I hated not being able to move it for fear of -1 to hit!

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 18:48

Yeah that's a weird and very unwelcome feeling for DE, I want all my vehicles to be able to move and shoot without having to worry about penalties.

PostSubject: Re: Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers   Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaper / RWJF comparison for heavy weapons after Ravagers
Page 1 of 1