THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help Empty
PostSubject: Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help   Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 09:52

Hi,

It's been a very long time since I've fielded my dark eldar and then with only a few squads and Raider at the time of the launch when they first came out. Now with the new book and friends who play 40k I'm giving them another go.

Now with my X-mas bundle on the way I'd like to get playing as soon as possible. So what I have at my disposal is:

20 New warriors

20ish old Warriors

20 Wyches

5 Scourges

12 Reavers

2 New Raider

1 Old Raider

1 Ravager

1 Razorwing Jetfighter

1 Venom

Bits to convert Succubus, Archon and Haemonculus

With this much unpainted and still to convert I'm not that eager to buy more untill I get these finnished. What would you recommend to make of this. Atleast my first games will be against my good friend Vanilla Space Marines. He has almost a company of them and haven't faced them before so I don't know what to expect. Either way I'd like a more all comers list.

This is my quick draft of a possible list. My trusty Warhammer usb-stick isn't with me so I don't have the points cost for them.

Archon with Agoniser, SF, Combat Drugs - 125

Haemy with Liquifier - 60

Wyches x9, Hex with Agoniser, Wych Weapon, haywire, raider with FF - 218
- Archon goes here

Warriors x10 with Splinter Cannon, raider with FF - 170

Wracks x9 with liquifier, raider with FF - 170
- Haemy goes here

Warriors x5 with blaster, Venom w Splinter cannon

Reavers x6, 2 x Heatlance - 156

Reavers x 6, 2 x Heatlance - 156

Razorwing Jetfighter w. FF 155

Ravager with Flickerfield - 115

Total: 1450

How would this work? The Ravager looks very lonely alone and I'm uncertain if I'd field Razorwing Jetfigter with Dissies and Splinter Cannon or with Dark Lances. Does this have enough to punch through a semi mechanised Spacemarine force? A 2nd Raider is obviously the first to buy for this list, but what else. I like the fast moving aspect of the Darkeldar, Hit&Run and of course good melee.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Devilish Twisted Evil

Last edited by Devilish on Sun Nov 27 2011, 17:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help   Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 15:57

The IMMEDIATE first thought I have looking at your list (just the bottom one - list overload!)
Is...um...where the fug are the HQs going? You have every Raider and Venom filled to the max and yet have two HQs sorta hanging out and waving at you. I mean, you almost have room for the Haem with the Wracks, but other than that...

Who is the Archon packing the PGL for? That's a lot of points for almost no gain if he's with the Wyches.

With this list I'd go for lances on the Razorwing, you have enough anti-infantry so after you drop a missile barrage on a silly foot unit you'll want to be able to start hurting mech..
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help   Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 17:49

Sorry for my original post. I've had some more time at my hands and done a list. See above.

Weapon wise it has:

9 Lances
4 Heatlances
some splinter weapons

How would it fare against strongly mechanised Vanilla Marines and against a less mechanised?

I've got 50 points to spare. How should I use them?

Option 1:

Upgrade the 5 Warriors to 4 Blasterborn making the total points 1498

This would mean 1 less troop for objectives, but gives more options in taking down vehicles.

Option 2:

Give Night Shields to 5 vehicles

Option 3:

Other upgrades?

How does this look?
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help   Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 21:37

Personally I'd dump both reaver units and get 2 units of blasterborn in venoms in there. You could even make them units of 4 with the extra points.

This will up your AT levels considerably as well as giving you more AI through the venom sc's making the decision to put lances on the razorwing a bit easier.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help   Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 09:25

I don't have more than one venom currently. This is what I have.

Devilish wrote:

20 New warriors

20ish old Warriors

20 Wyches

5 Scourges

12 Reavers

2 New Raider

1 Old Raider

1 Ravager

1 Razorwing Jetfighter

1 Venom

Bits to convert Succubus, Archon and Haemonculus

There isn't sadly much room for changes. The Old raider is Coven themed, but can be used as a transport for the others. I'm open for changes within the models I have available and for any suggestions on how to expand it. My first priority is to get this working for my first games.

Devilish
Back to top Go down
Tanhausen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help   Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 11:09

Quick thoughts:

- The haem doesn't blend too much into what you have... would it be possible to convert 5 wracks?
That would give you a huge shift, since you can place them in a raider, give them liquifiers and the become a decent unit Smile Throw in a haem with WWP, and "suddenly" your reavers, wytches and scourges have an easier life.

- Since you can't do the Venom/Raider/Ravager spam right now, I'd try and see if I can handle mech out of a single WWP. I think 2 is minimum required... but hey, I've seen people pull it away with 1 Smile

Throw in a couple of 3 trueborn with 3 blasters... the turn they come out, you'll probably be able to hunt some aromour and they are insanely cheap (cost/effect).

Last, I'd use say 2 or 3 x 10 warriors...with a blaster or dark lance (depends if you prefer range or mobility).

Hope the suggestions help.

Good Hunting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help   Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back into the hobby. 1.5k list in need of help
Page 1 of 1