THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Strike first rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

Strike first rules Empty
PostSubject: Strike first rules   Strike first rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 12:53

Ok, so I thought I understood always strike first rules (like slaanesh has). I thought that even if a unit with the rule is charged they still fight first.

But I recently saw a discussion that seemed to say that the charging player picks one unit that charged, they fight. Then the strike first player, then charger etc.

Can someone lay this out in a clear idiot proof way for me?
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Strike first rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike first rules   Strike first rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 13:17

Most such rules do say that you always strike first unless the opponent charged that turn, in which case you alternate activating units between those that charged and those with always strike first starting with the player who charged.

However, I believe there are a few relics out there (I think Dark Angels have one at least) that say they always strike first even if the opponent charges.

In short, read the rules for any specific unit, it tells you how it works on their datasheets quite clearly.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

Strike first rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike first rules   Strike first rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 20:21

Basically treat charging units as having the strike first ability. By the same token, treat strike first units as always having charged.

The player whose turn it is gets to nominate the first unit to fight in each phase, so the controlling player’s charging unit would get to fight before anyone else, but then by standard assault rules it’s the other player’s turn to nominate a unit to fight.

So strike first still is nice vs chargers because if you get charged by multiple units, they effectively get to use the counter-assault stratagem for free.
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

Strike first rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike first rules   Strike first rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 11:59

Thanks for the help people 😁

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strike first rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike first rules   Strike first rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strike first rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION