THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army

Go down 
+2
Burnage
ArchonSorrin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ArchonSorrin
Slave
ArchonSorrin

How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army Empty
PostSubject: How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army   How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2018, 23:44

So typically, when I play against my gaming group I have a friend who tends to play a threat overload rush list. His most typical way of doing this is running a nidzilla list or a heavy khorne deamon rush list. He usually wipes the floor with me in particular when he plays his nidzilla list. I can’t seem to kill anything fast enough and then he will go for a 2nd turn deep strike multi charge and kill 2 -3 of my skimmers. My group is pretty friendly, so I like to play a mixed kabal/cult/covens list. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to combat these types of list?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army   How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2018, 00:09

Chaff. The number one thing that our vehicles hate is getting charged in close combat, so use cheap and disposable units like Kabalites to provide a protective layer of bubble wrap; that 30 point unit of five elves getting murdered in a single turn is inconsequential compared to a 125 point Ravager getting blown up. Aside from that, you're mostly going to be wanting to play the positioning game to try and make sure that your opponent can't get multi-charges off.

In terms of loadout Disintegrator Cannons and Dark Lances will melt monsters, but don't neglect splinter fire - it's a big deal that even our cheapest unit will wound the toughest Nid on a 4+.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army   How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2018, 23:39

second Burnage's post.

I have yet to lose to nids in 8th. The key is area denial to prevent their deepstrike, and bubble wrap with disposable units.

Allied CWE with Warlocks with Jinx are your friends. It nerfs their Invul saves so that our splinter fire can get through.

Fliers are wonderful for anti nid too. Get in his back field turn one.

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army   How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2018, 13:06

The vexator mask behind 10 grotesques will end his plans pretty quickly.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army   How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2018, 16:19

Can you give an example of is list?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army   How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2018, 14:58

I second Coven units. 8 Grots backed up by some CC Characters is the solution to many problems. Peoples main error when trying Coven is not doubling down hard enough.

As you said about the Nids, Coven have a tendency to "overload" the enemy with threats. Grots have basically the same profile as your transports (T5, 4++, 6+++), but are great in CC where your transports suck.

You just need to position well (and have some secondary screens/screening raiders/etc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army   How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to deal with a Nidzilla Rush army
Page 1 of 1