THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Skari goes to another Tournament

Go down 
+4
amishprn86
shadowseercB
Kelster
Skari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

Skari goes to another Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 01:58

Ahhh, the Dark Kin.

Hello my fellow Denizens. I went to a tournament today, and I took a very different list that I am used to... no talos, no grotesques!!!

OK so, what did the list look like and how did it fare?

Lets dive in.

Kabal of the Black Heart Battalion

Archon - Venom Blade and Splinter Pistol (Warlord)
Archon - Agonizer, Splinter Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher (index)

4 x 5 man Kabalite Units with blasters

3 x Ravager (with 3 dissies on each)

6 Venoms with dual cannon
1 Raider - dissy

Wych Cult of Red Grief Battalion

Succubus - archite glaive, splinter pistol
Succubus - shardnet and impailer

3 x 5 man wyches (2 with hydra gauntlets and 1 with shardnet)

9 Reaver Jetbikes

Prophets of Flesh - Outrider

Heamonculus - Flesh gauntlet, splinter pistol (index)

3 x 5 strong Scourges - 2 with shredders, one with haywires.

2000pts!

So, this list is very much MSU and I have used a list like this ONCE before this event, now, lets take a look at the games!

Game 1 - vs Tyrannids!

My opponent had three large blocks of Kraken steelers, swarmlord and the obligatory hive guard and a malanthrope for the -1 to hit. A couple of dev carnifexes and a flamer tyrnnofex!

Well, this game was going to hinge on the first few turns, those stellers are great. I tried to bait the hiveguard to one side of the table, but my opponent was wise and set them in the middle of the table, now... I won this game and it was iMO all thanks to the reaver jetbikes to boosted up on turn one and tied up the hiveguard and helped kill the first unit of steelers!

The venoms and ravagers were great!

Game 2 - vs Ynnari

This was the basic ynnari, reapers, spears, psykers and lots of rangers! Also some fire prisms... I won the roll to go first and my opponent did not re deploy his spears... this led to me shooting them all with the ravagers... then the second turn i had vected fire and fade on his dark reapers and I had only lost one of the ravagers so I was able to kill them down to 2 strong.

The end game is was me mopping up as I got very aggressive and in his face with the venoms and the kabalite squads... the scourge were key! Shredders killing all the screening units.

Game 3 - vs Eldar/Harlequins

2 Crimson Hunter Exarchs... Hemlock, Jetbike Doom seer, rangers (alaitoc) then harlequin battalion with one haywire jetbike unit, and 2 soaring spite starweavers with troupes with fusion pistols...

This was a tight game, cat and mouse, my opponent went first and he killed all the reaver jetbikes! And a venom. I was able to kill his harlequin jetbikes that he had run right into my army... i was able to put pressure on the objectives and get hold more...

Both armies were beat up quite alot by the end of the game! But i was able to pull one out with 29-23 in the final turn.

So! A 3-0 tournament victory for the dark kin.

I had a lot of fun running a different list. What are some things that you would find different?

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Kelster
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 12:11

Good job and nice to see veboms. I'm interested in deepstrikeing 2 big blobs of Wych
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 13:13

Wyches are fun for sure ! However usually just need the one to deepstrike .

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Kelster
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 13:22

I like the redundancy with 2 if your trying for a turn 2 charge and tie up I think the 2nd squad will give you better odds
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2019, 01:12

Nice job bro. Good meeting you at LVO. Are you taking it more casual this year?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2019, 08:02

Gratz, i do play wyches as well but i like mine as cursed blade.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
SK-84
Slave
SK-84

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2019, 14:14

Cursed Blade is good for blobs of wyches, to protect from morale losses.
I use Red Grief for MSU, I like the blood glaive artifact.

Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2019, 14:41

Out of curiosity, what was the purpose of the Prophets of Flesh detachment with the Haemonculous ? (You could have taken the scourges in your blackheart detachment)

Just for the potential extra CP when you do the alliance of agony and diabolical soothsayer warlord trait?
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2019, 18:13

Do you normally deploy the scourge in deepstrike or on the table in cover?

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2019, 21:19

Silverglade wrote:
Out of curiosity, what was the purpose of the Prophets of Flesh detachment with the Haemonculous ?  (You could have taken the scourges in your blackheart detachment)

Just for the potential extra CP when you do the alliance of agony and diabolical soothsayer warlord trait?

To give it a 4++, Haemonculus has nice relics, either the mask or the helm, both are very useful,.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2019, 19:45

I love scourge with shredders. They are so good at clearing chaf and doing some damage to light vegicles

PostSubject: Re: Skari goes to another Tournament   Skari goes to another Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skari goes to another Tournament
Page 1 of 1