THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness

Go down 
+3
Siticus the Ancient
Gaston Garcon
Crisis_Vyper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 09:35

Heya, I got a WIP count-as Baron Sathonyx, and so far I am quite happy with the results. But the question for me now is this: what head should I use to fit with the model? I would prefer something that screams 'SUPERHEROO!!!!!" when people look at him.

I will be sculpting a cape and would be buying a bunch of Hellions to finish the rest of my parts.

WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness 381833_2742517280543_1185807308_3144976_168496756_n

Hellion
Gaston Garcon

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03 2011, 11:31

Not so found about the backbanners, but I like the skyboard.
Is it based on the older skyboard?

Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2011, 06:46

Gaston Garcon wrote:
Not so found about the backbanners, but I like the skyboard.
Is it based on the older skyboard?

Nope it is based upon the Hellion skyboard. The plastic pieces that I used to pimp the skyboard are from the rudders of the Raider and also the chassis (shell?) of the Reavers.

And yeah, you are right. On second though I am not really fond of the back banner and also the current body. Need to find a more refined body for the Baron.

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2011, 09:07

When I think of Baron, I always think of his kickass coat with the seer's bones within. I'd suggest some extensive use for greenstuff there, unless you can find a great alternative on a miniature. As for the head, I'd go for one of the more neutral/serious faced male Kabalite or Wych heads, then greenstuff the hair on.

It's a real shame there are no smug, self confident smirks among the available DE heads... those would be the best for such special characters and leaders.

speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2011, 09:44

You could look at my Baron to see if there are something you can get inspired from.

But it sure looks like a great start.
Back to top Go down
Gaston Garcon
Hellion
Gaston Garcon

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2011, 10:54

Great alternative for a cloak is WE Gladeguard cloaks.
I started to convert he Baron before, but after some armybuilding I ditched him.

Here´s some WIP-picture:
WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness BaronWIP_004

Liked the cloak, since I only had to remove the quiver on the back, but I could keep the jewels as soulstones-trophies.

WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness BaronWIP_001

Not much work with greenstuff, just some smoothing out the cloak, rest is kitbashing.
Skull on chain from Hellions, and the bones on a rope is from the empire flagellants.
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2011, 07:57

Alright, after some while playing with all the random part I have right now and some putty work I have Baron Mk II moving and operational.

WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness 377478_2774830848362_1185807308_3157278_1979015621_n
WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness 388583_2774828488303_1185807308_3157277_489265976_n
WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness 387236_2774826688258_1185807308_3157276_1551044704_n

I am now thinking whether I should add a hood to make it look like a Shadowseer or should I make that Troupe Master's 70's disco collar. Any ideas?

Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2011, 15:02

I like the idea of a hood. I also liked the banners though Wink

I love the skyboard, it looks very dangerous. There are some great details in this, I really like it. The only thing I don't like is you are trashing your Alienware machine Wink
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2011, 15:13

Dez wrote:
The only thing I don't like is you are trashing your Alienware machine Wink

I meant to ask about that.... Shocked

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gaston Garcon
Hellion
Gaston Garcon

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2011, 18:07

Dez wrote:

Not thrashing, Pimping!

Like the cloak, but not the helmet. The helmet might look good with a hood.
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2011, 20:18

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Dez wrote:

I meant to ask about that.... Shocked

Durp..... lol!

I will clean it I swear. Just that I tend to use it as a painting table as I like to listen to some music while I do my hobby stuff, and the tale is kinda small. Razz

Hellion
Rip

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2011, 22:20

I'd use the bare head from the Scourges.

Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue / Cult of the Thirsting Blade / The Architects of Flesh
Zahr-Tann Craftworld
Sa'cea Sept
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 02:28

Well, was using some putty for some drastic filling and some of the putty got stuck on the Baron's face. As I was trying to get it off the Baron I noticed a fun look and decided to go about sculpting a little more. Result?

WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness 384250_2779949656329_1185807308_3159050_1173428657_n

I am rather fond of the Masked Rider look.

PostSubject: Re: WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness   WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP Baron Sathonyx - Input needed for awesomeness
Page 1 of 1