THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K

Go down 
+6
Vailex
Burnage
colinsherlow
Patayou
duckduckgoose
Dalamar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Sybarite

It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K Empty
PostSubject: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 16:43

Here are the new points for us:

• Archon +5
  • Haemonculus -10
  • Succubus +20
  • Wyches +2
  • Trueborn +1 more
  • Bloodbrides +1 more
  • Grotesques -5
  • Incubi +2
  • Cronos +5
  • Ravager -10
  • Talos -10
  • Raider Darklance +10
  • Razorwing fighter -10
  • Voidraven Bomber -10

Rules:  
for all: No more than 2 flyers in Strike force
Orks: no more that 1 unit of each buggy

Last edited by Dalamar on Tue Nov 09 2021, 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 16:50

Talos are minus 10 aren’t they? Why the hell did archons go up? Everything else makes sense except for maybe trueborn and bloodbride increases

Last edited by duckduckgoose on Tue Nov 09 2021, 16:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 16:51

duckduckgoose wrote:
Talos are minus 10 aren’t they? Why the hell did archons go up? Everything else makes sense
good catch corrected.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 17:41

The +2 points per Whyches, the +1 per bloodbrides and +20 succubus means..............damn they've become expensive those Bloodbrides!

But i'm so happy for the Talos and especially the Venoms who is now really something to consider in a lot of list!

all in all i think those increase, without being perfect, are really legit Smile
Back to top Go down
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 17:57

Venoms are unchanged
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 18:17

yay for coven
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 18:26

duckduckgoose wrote:
Venoms are unchanged

lol my bad, i always see them at 75pts but its only because of the splinter cannon already on them Wink
for a moment i was so happy for them!!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 18:57

I am pretty happy with this update for the most part. It changes things a bit, but not exactly in a bad way

Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 19:14

Ya I'm not 100% sure raiders needed an additional 10 points but I am fine with the other point changes.

The 2 flyers per Strike Force is stupid though. All they really had to do was limit Patrols to 1 flyer.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 19:42

On a different note. With the drop in points to covent stuff......maybe realspace raid detachment will be a thing?
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 03:39

Overall I think these were fair adjustments.  Talos were. already ascendant in the meta so the decrease just cements them as the new hotness.  And keep in mind that two of our biggest natural predators, Orks and Ad Mech got hit even harder than we did, so I think we’re still a top five faction.  What really has me worried and what I haven’t seen many people talking about is how scary Knights are now.  Their biggest weakness was playing the mission and now that’s been fixed so I think they’re going to be a problem for us as Drukhari.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 12:00

Vailex wrote:
On a different note.  With the drop in points to covent stuff......maybe realspace raid detachment will be a thing?

Maybe, but Kabals feel like the real weak link in it now. Perhaps the buff to Ravagers will help with that but I'm guessing a lot of our competitive lists now are going to be primarily Covens based.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 12:42

35 point Grotesques look interesting now too. 20 T5/6 wound unit for 175 points with 25 S5/6 ap2 d2 attacks looks a bit more appealing now.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 13:45

I was thinking 3 grots for 105 is very reasonable. Same as 3 Blade Guard Vets, or 3 Skorpek Destroyers.

3 Grots + 5 Wracks, in a Raider with a Dissie is now 250 points. Not bad at all.

And most importantly, our hardest match ups just got nerfed into the ground. Even though Incubi went up in points, the amount of -1 damage in opposing armies will be vastly reduced (basically just Marine Drednaughts).

Damage 2 will be king again, which makes me one happy Archon
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 14:49

fisheyes wrote:
3 Grots + 5 Wracks, in a Raider with a Dissie is now 250 points. Not bad at all.

Completely seriously, I think you can just ditch the Raider entirely with Covens units. For the same cost as that set-up you could just buy 7 Grots instead, which are going to be a little bit slower but probably a far bigger threat on the table.
Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 16:09

Burnage wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

Completely seriously, I think you can just ditch the Raider entirely with Covens units. For the same cost as that set-up you could just buy 7 Grots instead, which are going to be a little bit slower but probably a far bigger threat on the table.
If all-coven armies start showing up in tournaments, I'm going to be very happy. An army of wracks, grotesques and haemonculi is the coolest thing since ice. That being said, plastic grotesques when? The resin ones look great, but they're monopose...
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 16:20

Wrack_Enthusiast wrote:
That being said, plastic grotesques when? The resin ones look great, but they're monopose...

I was thinking of converting some from stormfiends, they look straight from 40k anyway
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 23:56

Burnage wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

Totally agree.  If going heavy on Covens, Raiders are not worth it.   Three Grots in. Venom is a better value proposition now if you really need transports for your thicc boys.  Or just run max squads on foot.  Now that the two biggest alpha strike lists in the game are gone, it’ ensures we can’t just be nuked in our deployment zone on turn one so foot Covens just got way more viable.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2021, 12:19

Unfortunately even though Venoms have a capacity of 6 models, they specifically do not allow Grots inside. Just too thicc.

Your not wrong about dropping the Raiders for more boys. The issue with that strategy is that we become more reliant on terrain. On a terrain heavy board it will be amazing. On a board with less terrain (or more Difficult terrain) that could hamper you.

I still think a ballanced approach is best during list building. A little bit of Kabal Lances, a few Cult choppy units (especially Hellions), and a few Coven flesh monsters.

I honestly dont know what the correct mix is (far too early to tell), but I feel that a balance of 2-3 subfactions will be best.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2021, 13:25

Oh darn, totally forgot Grots can’t go in Venoms 😂.  I think as 9th has evolved the importance of terrain has become increasingly clear in most events.  Thankfully most TOs also recognize this and the GW and FLG terrain formats are generally pretty good for us, especially now that we don’t have to worry about six flyers and nine Squig Buggies negating our ability to hide anything.  

To your point about still mixing sub factions, I agree.  I think Cult/Covens or Kabal/Covens will be my go to for most competitive lists, with the latter looking extra spicy now that Ravagers are cheaper and the Court of the Archon didn’t get touched.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2021, 14:12

do people knows when those points update will be official?
I don't think (maybe i'm wrong) that they are valid as we speak right now...but i sure hope the app will update really soon!
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2021, 14:22

All FAQs, errata, and points adjustments are valid from the date they’re published.  However for tournaments, if lithe list submission deadline has already passed when new points and rules adjustments are announced, then it’s up to the TO to decide if the new rules will be allowed.  I know one GT in the UK this coming weekend had its  players vote on whether to allow the new changes and the players voted yes so they’re resubmitting new  lists.  As for the app, no clue how long that takes to update.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2021, 14:44

thanks for the super clear answer @sweetbacon Smile
i can't wait to update all my list in the app!!!! (lol i'm pretty sure battlescribe is already up to date even if its a non official free app...........well.....what to say....)

sweetbacon likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2021, 16:51

Battlescribe generally takes a few days (its free after all).

I know some TOs in my area are immediately implementing the FAQ and allowing re-submissions of lists. But thats totally up to the TO, as already stated above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K   It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Here!!! Balance Update 40K
Page 1 of 1