THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022

Go down 
+7
colinsherlow
Soulless Samurai
Archon_91
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Vorl-Xoelanth
sekac
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vorl-Xoelanth
Hellion
Vorl-Xoelanth

New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 Empty
PostSubject: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 11:17

Here's a screencap from the sneak peak for new models in 2022 on warhammer community. Looks very much like a new Wych Cult model of some sort. Not sure what it could be, looks like Succubus but we already have an adequate plastic succubus and Lelith.
Speculation: A new special character of some kind or with that giant whip maybe a new beast master model? Would be good if they redid the beast models in plastic too. Either that or its something else for Age of Sigmar but looks more like a Wych than a Witch elf to me.

New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 Newdemodel2022

'Pain is power, and power is everything. We therefore seek every opportunity to inflict pain, and we do not allow limits to be imposed upon our imagination. The Flesh, the Mind, the Soul - all can be made to feel torments eternal. And when all three scream in agony within a single being, the path to immortality lies open before us. So it has been since the beginning, and so it will continue until we extinguish the stars and the galaxy lies dark and fallow.' - Mantra of the Kabal of the Dying Sun
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 12:22

If we didn't have a plastic Succubus I would've guessed that's what this is. But now I don't know. It might be AoS, since the shoulder-thingy looks too different.
Would be nice if we actually got separate boxes of Bloodbrides and Trueborn. But I'm definitely not holding my breath for that. XD

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 13:56

My guess would have been witch elves from age of Sigmar because we have nothing like that whip anywhere in our arsenal, but then seeing the kabalite like plate armor on the leg ... here's hoping it's new wych/kabalite boxes that have more dynamic poses ... and would be severely disappointed if it was another new succubus sculpt especially because there are more pressing model needs in our army
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 14:27

My first thought was that AoS are finally getting their Druchii book. It's been rumoured for a while, and the style of this one is more Witch Elf than Wych Cult.
I figured the ship made it look either like a Dark Elf Chariot rider or a Hydra's Beastmaster.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 15:10

Yeah that looks like an AoS model to me.
Back to top Go down
Vorl-Xoelanth
Hellion
Vorl-Xoelanth

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 15:52

Yep the more I look at it the armour is pretty AOS, and the whip. Nevermind.

'Pain is power, and power is everything. We therefore seek every opportunity to inflict pain, and we do not allow limits to be imposed upon our imagination. The Flesh, the Mind, the Soul - all can be made to feel torments eternal. And when all three scream in agony within a single being, the path to immortality lies open before us. So it has been since the beginning, and so it will continue until we extinguish the stars and the galaxy lies dark and fallow.' - Mantra of the Kabal of the Dying Sun
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05 2022, 11:23

I fear it's a Daughter of Khaine.

You can tell because it's not a remake of a DE model, and DE aren't allowed any other kind of new model.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05 2022, 12:47

Soulless Samurai wrote:
You can tell because it's not a remake of a DE model, and DE aren't allowed any other kind of new model.

Painfully true.....

:'(

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05 2022, 18:03

The thought that this might be for us didn't even occur to me. Of course it will be something AoS.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05 2022, 18:13

When was the last time Druhkari got a true new model? Not a model for something in the codex that didn't have one, something genuinely new?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05 2022, 19:37

Archon_91 wrote:
When was the last time Druhkari got a true new model? Not a model for something in the codex that didn't have one, something genuinely new?

5th edition. So getting on for 11-12 years ago now.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05 2022, 21:51

Archon_91 wrote:

I think that was the Venom in 5th edition.

colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06 2022, 20:30

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Except Draz, Lilith and Incubi you mean! But also more DE models would be great. Like actually finishing the army in plastic amd maybe some new hqs and elite characters. Oh the dream!

Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06 2022, 21:11

colinsherlow wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Except Draz, Lilith and Incubi you mean! But also more DE models would be great. Like actually finishing the army in plastic amd maybe some new hqs and elite characters. Oh the dream!

Those were not new units, only remakes of existing ones. That was the point he was trying to make.

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 00:09

If you don't count remakes of older models (which isn't entirely fair IMO), the last new model we got was the Voidraven Bomber in 2014.

We'll get some more love eventually. GW are finally getting round to updating the CWE line this year and there's no reason to think we won't get something thrown at us at some point.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 15:39

FWIW, the reason I discount remakes when talking about new DE models is because nothing is being added to the codex.

A given remake could be better than the previous one in every conceivable way but your actual, in-game choices remain exactly the same. In fact, if anything, we usually end up worse off in this department since GW never uses the opportunity to expand our wargear - only ever to diminish it.

And while it's nice to have up-to-date models, it's a hell of a lot easier to convert a model for a unit (whether because it doesn't have one or because you don't like the one it has) than it is to create rules for a unit that doesn't exist and have them accepted by your opponents.

Hence, I'm much more interested in seeing actually new units added (or previously-deleted ones returned) than a token remake of the model for a unit that already exists.

I should perhaps add that this is, of course, a subjective matter - both in terms of it being my own opinion and also in terms of it being a specific feeling towards DE. If, for example, I played Eldar, then I might instead value remakes more highly. But for a unit with such limited options, I'd far rather see new units first and remakes down the line.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 18:26

The only way that we are going to get anything new before our next codex is if, and that's a BIG if, GW decide to give us a supplement in one of the upcoming campaign books. Frankly, the only subfaction that actually *needs* a supplement is Flayed Skull. However, I could see them doing Black Heart in support of a Vect model release if they ever get around to doing that.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 22:24

It`s more likely to be a new Underworld band for Daughters of Khaine. Whip is definetly looks like Sisters of slaughter.
Still haven`t gotten an old ones, so it`s kinda miss for me. I`m more interested in new Craftworld edition this year.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08 2022, 11:23

I'm with Soulless Samurai here. Over the last few editions, our codex only got thinner. We keep losing entire units and wargear options for other units, but we've not seen anything new in return.
Although I like that we got a plastic Lelith, nobody felt like the old model was in desperate need of replacement. I would've prefered for example getting a model for Baron Sathonyx, so our options would increase.
Since I started playing, we lost:
Asdrubael Vect
His Dais of Destruction
Lady Malys
Duke Sliscus
Kheradruakh
Baron Sathonyx
Harlequins
Trueborn
Bloodbrides
Raven Fighter
And I'm not even going to sum up all the wargear options we lost. That doesn't at all weigh up against what we gained.

Burnage wrote:
If you don't count remakes of older models (which isn't entirely fair IMO), the last new model we got was the Voidraven Bomber in 2014.

Even though the Voidraven Bomber only got a new model in 2014, it wasn't a new unit. It's already in the 5th Edition codex from 2010.

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29 2022, 08:30

It`s confirmed to be new Daugthers of Khaine hero - Hihg Gladiatrix.
Will be released with new box set. 'Ashes and shadow' or something like this.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29 2022, 11:19

Looking at it, I sort of wish there was no rock, and the Gladiatrix were suspended by the coiled whip.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022   New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar Model from Sneak Peak 2022
Page 1 of 1