THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The new Webway Gate

Go down 
+5
Gelmir
sekac
CptMetal
Archon_91
Patayou
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

The new Webway Gate Empty
PostSubject: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17 2022, 15:38

The new article on the webway gate has me wondering if we will be able to pull of some crazy shenanigans with full 20 strong squads of wyches/wracks pouring out of the webway and having counted as charging that turn if set up within engagement range of the enemy ... and now that it can't be shot off the board in a turn and reducing all webway strategems by half (rounding down) CP it could be a way to set up a unit in the webway for 0cp or a couple for only 1

So is anyone else considering taking one or no?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17 2022, 15:43

I might try taking one. I was thinking more along the lines of putting a unit of Talos in reserve, though a unit of wracks would work nicely too. IMO, wyches need to be moving into the opponent's side of the board ASAP, so I probably wouldn't use them for a counterattack.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17 2022, 17:47

now the big question is: how many point will it cost to field this fortification!

I love the idea of putting Talos in it (as @krayd says)
A bunch of Grotesque is something to consider too!
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 00:01

Oh that's dope! I just finished installing LEDs and painting up my webway gate a few weeks ago for my display board at LVO! If it's good, I'm ready to rock!
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 10:00

I must have missed that article. Do you have a link? I can't find it.

Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 10:50

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/17/burst-out-of-the-webway-and-straight-into-the-thick-of-combat-with-codex-aeldari/

there you go

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 15:02

I will buy one of the definitely. Maybe two.
I'm not sold into deepstriking big units because of that "wolly within 6"", so some opponents will just surrounding it denying large footprint units like 3 Talos etc. But I'm definitely sold on action units and/or little melee units for the threat potential!

And it feels SO Drukhari that I'm in love with the idea of muliple Gates on the table+Poisoned Tongue Stratagem for a null-deploy list!
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 16:39

Rumor is that it's 80 pts. I can't see myself taking more than one.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 17:31

Rereading the article and the rule on the webway about halving the cp cost ... it doesn't specify what strategems ... so this could halve the cost of Screaming Jets as well
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 17:32

i never played with fortification, but if i'm right, to include them you need a specific detachment.......will it alter the "patrol only" ability we have? My thought is that this will cancel this ability....am i right?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 18:17

Archon_91 wrote:
Rereading the article and the rule on the webway about halving the cp cost ... it doesn't specify what strategems ... so this could halve the cost of Screaming Jets as well

It won't have any effect on stratagems like screaming jets. It only affects units that you place in strategic reserve, which costs a number of CP based on the combined power level of the unit(s) that you choose to place in reserve using this method(there's a chart in the BRB). Basically, it amounts to being able to put 10-19 PL of units in reserve for 1 CP instead of 2., or 20-39 PL of units for 2CP instead of 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 18:22

Kalmah wrote:
i never played with fortification, but if i'm right, to include them you need a specific detachment.......will it alter the "patrol only" ability we have? My thought is that this will cancel this ability....am i right?

You have to bring it in a fortification network detachment, which is free if the fortification is the same faction as your warlord.

RAW it would negate the raiding forces rule. So, I think your best bet would be to bring the webway gate along with a realspace raid detachment.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2022, 20:25

krayd wrote:
Rumor is that it's 80 pts. I can't see myself taking more than one.

After reading that you must set up the unit wholly within 6" from BOTH the pieces, I think that 2 of them could be viable. Blocking one of them will be pretty easy, you will rarely have room for deploying any unit (except for a single character I guess).
160 can be a tax, but the pressing that you would put on your opponent could be great. Immagine to be the oppo, now you have to cover: your front, left side, right side and TWO gates. If you put two gates near to his two objectives even 5 Wracks popping out and charging any small enemy troop stealing his objective away could be gamechanger.

It's just theory, but there's a potential here.

....or just run 3 of them for 240 points, put 870 points on reserves and 870 on three different Poisoned Tongue Raiders (or Tantalus? lol). Then before the game starts, put all in reserves (you can because the stratagem says so).
Null deploy zone babe, full Drukharish BG style!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19 2022, 09:24

Cerve wrote:
And it feels SO Drukhari that I'm in love with the idea of muliple Gates on the table+Poisoned Tongue Stratagem for a null-deploy list!

Care to elaborate? How would that be possible?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19 2022, 09:42

80 points for all that seems like a steal. For 25 points less than a raider you get a raider that can't be killed and begins the game where you want to get your Raiders by turn 2 if you're lucky. It also is a raider with essentially limitless transport capacity and your passengers can never get hurt in a raider explosion. If you touch the webway gate halves together, you've got the largest possible area to deploy. It's about 113 square inches or roughly the equivalent surface area of 140 25mm base models.
The new Webway Gate 20220114

If 80 points is true, that's amazing. I'm very excited.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19 2022, 11:15

I was until now only interested in it because of the looks and the idea. But as soon as I read the previous rules, I noped out.
Now, I'm legit interested. But also afraid of nerfs that will no doubt hit the Craftworld codex within not too long. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is...

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19 2022, 13:40

Gelmir wrote:
I was until now only interested in it because of the looks and the idea. But as soon as I read the previous rules, I noped out.
Now, I'm legit interested. But also afraid of nerfs that will no doubt hit the Craftworld codex within not too long. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is...

I'm slightly miffed about the ridiculous amount of perks that banshees are getting at the same cost as Incubi. It remains to be seen whether or not this all balances out.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19 2022, 13:48

sekac wrote:
80 points for all that seems like a steal. For 25 points less than a raider you get a raider that can't be killed and begins the game where you want to get your Raiders by turn 2 if you're lucky. It also is a raider with essentially limitless transport capacity and your passengers can never get hurt in a raider explosion. If you touch the webway gate halves together, you've got the largest possible area to deploy. It's about 113 square inches or roughly the equivalent surface area of 140 25mm base models.
The new Webway Gate 20220114

If 80 points is true, that's amazing. I'm very excited.

You could be able to keep the spikes within 3" from each others instead of touching them. That will create way more room for deploying stuff!
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19 2022, 13:51

CptMetal wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Let's say you play 3 Gates, those are 240 points.
Now cut in half the remaining 1760 points, and put 830 points in reserves. The remaining 830 points are 3 Raiders (315 points)+515 points that you have to embark into those Raiders.
So in game you deploy 3 Gates, and those 3 Raiders. The rest is all embarked or in reserves. Now play the Poisoned Tongue Stratagem onto those 3 Raiders and put them too on Reserves.

On T1 you have 0 units deployed, and everything comes from Reservers. With the edges and three different gates where to enter.

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21 2022, 11:38

Cerve wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Now cut in half the remaining 1760 points, and put 830 points in reserves. The remaining 830 points are 3 Raiders (315 points)+515 points that you have to embark into those Raiders.
So in game you deploy 3 Gates, and those 3 Raiders. The rest is all embarked or in reserves. Now play the Poisoned Tongue Stratagem onto those 3 Raiders and put them too on Reserves.

On T1 you have 0 units deployed, and everything comes from Reservers. With the edges and three different gates where to enter.

That sounds so very Eldar-y. XD But I think you'd be able to do the same with 2 gates though, 3 might be overkill. Although it does sound cool.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21 2022, 15:37

Cerve wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Did they remove the rule that said a player lost if they ever had no models on the board?

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21 2022, 17:32

also, won't you still need to follow the rules of Reserve to actually add them to reserve?
I know the stratagem don't specifically ask that you follow the normal rule of reserve, but is it not a little bit like in MTG a "state base effect''?
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2022, 14:20

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Cerve wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Did they remove the rule that said a player lost if they ever had no models on the board?

I may remember wrong, but wasn't that a rule that start to trigger at the end of round 2? Or at the end of movement phase on T2? I don't remember, I never played a null deploy zone so maybe I remember it wrong from other editions.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2022, 14:21

Kalmah wrote:
also, won't you still need to follow the rules of Reserve to actually add them to reserve?
I know the stratagem don't specifically ask that you follow the normal rule of reserve, but is it not a little bit like in MTG a "state base effect''?

No I belive it works for this, because as you said you're fulfilling the rules of half of your army on reserves, THEN you're putting more models in reserves thanks to the stratagem that allows if.

But as said, I'm not sure if you will autolose on T1 or if that limit works from T2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Webway Gate   The new Webway Gate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Webway Gate
Page 1 of 1