THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haemonculi in Close Combat

Go down 
+3
Soulless Samurai
Gelmir
Burnage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Haemonculi in Close Combat Empty
PostSubject: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 14:22

Well, this a bit of an odd question, but what weapon do you guys use when your Haemi is cought in melee?
The one attack with the Injector is pretty much a must take, but I seriously wonder:
Haemi tools? Or Scissorhand?

Not that my trusty Tal'mon-Eir get cought in close combat very much. But just in case...

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 14:35

Honestly I usually just roll all of them with the Scissorhand normally. There are some situations where it's preferable to use the Haemonculus tools (usually versus a target that has an invulnerable save nearly as good or better than their armour save) but rolling three attacks with the Tools and then an extra two with the Scissorhand is a pain, especially alongside a third weapon profile.

The Haemonculus' wargear in this edition is seriously still one of the most baffling changes for us. Losing the options sucked and the profile we're left with feels janky to use.

Gelmir, Soulless Samurai and Akumakaji like this post

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 15:12

I am 100% with @Burnage here.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 15:23

Jup. The Haemi is now basically a buff vector for other units. But to do so, he must often get in close range to the enemy.

And the choice between tools and scissors seems to be a choice between bad or worse.
Always wounding on 2+ but no AP, or wounding on 4+ with AP-2 and 2 additional attacks.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 15:55

Also completely agreed with Burnage.

The Haemonculus seems like a perfect example of what happens when you desperately try to tie a unit's options to exactly what it's model is holding.

At the very least, they could have bundled them together into a combined profile that's greater than the sum of its parts. But no, he's holding Haemonculus Tools so he has to be wielding Haemonculus Tools, and he's also wielding Scissorhands so he has to also have Scissorhands, even if it just creates a lot of redundancy between two weapons fighting for the mediocracy championship.

I think this is made even more frustrating by the Haemonculus' master ability. Reviving once per game is great for beatsticks like St. Celestine and would have been fantastic for the old Haemonculus. However, this one is so pillow-fisted (and his other support abilities so weak) that it just doesn't matter. It's a similar problem to Sslyth, where you have a dedicated bodyguard unit for one of the most expendable HQ's in the game. Razz

Out of interest, does anyone ever use the Flensing Blade? I ask because it seems to be the only thing that gives the haemonculus even a modicum of bite.

Pippolele
Hellion
Pippolele

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 16:28

I feel like the flensing blade falls in the Djin Blade category:
It only shines because the base options suck.

There´s two ways about it:
-Be happy to just use it as a buff or utility character (e.g. animus vitae?)
-Pump it up to be somewhat competent in combat

I haven´t made my mind up yet but in my latest list incarnation it takes the flensing blade cause it happens to be coven of twelve

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28 2022, 11:32

Djinn Blade is a good relic. Really.
Flensing Blade on the other hand never even came to my mind.
The debuff relics are just too good to not take them.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 12:40

Coven of 12 is a pretty steep cost for the Flensing Blade.

I could see it being useful in a Crusher Stampeed meta, but that would be pretty nieche.

My Haemi isnt meant for combat, unless their is a demon-style unit with high T and only a 5++ as durability. He has tied up and chipped wounds off the un-killable demon chicken (-1 to hit, T7, 3++/5+++). That was the most useful he has been in combat in 9th for me.

FWIW, I attack with all 3 weapons. 1 Ichor Injector, 2 Scissor Hands, 3 Haemi Tools.
Back to top Go down
AbsolutnotVect
Slave
AbsolutnotVect

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08 2022, 16:41

I think, while neither hands nor tools are great, it’s a simple mathematical exercise to determine which is best:

Against 3+ or better armor save (I.e. 5+ after scissorhands mod) = use scissorhands
Against 4+ armor save (ie 6 after scissorhands mod) = they are equivalent

Against armor save 5+ or worse = use tools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi in Close Combat   Haemonculi in Close Combat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haemonculi in Close Combat
Page 1 of 1