THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Time for 10th speculation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Time for 10th speculation? Empty
PostSubject: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14 2023, 15:39

We've had a few rules previews now, so I'm wondering if it's time to start wildly speculating about what 10th edition will bring for the Drukhari?
We had vehicles recently, and weapons today, so here's my thinking:

• Poison will be as it is now - effectively Anti everything except for Vehicles and Titanic, or I can see it just being Anti-Infantry.
  • I'd bet Lance will be a weapon type. I'd hope for something like the good olds days where armour over 12 counted as 12. Maybe Toughness over 8 counts as 8?
  • Assault and Heavy might make sense for Blasters?
  • Maybe Venoms to T6? Raiders to T7? (Based on Rhinos being set as T9 as a benchmark.)
  • Mandrake snow have what 10th is calling Devastating Hits. Will they keep them?
  • I could see Incubi gaining Devastating Hits on their Klaives.

• I expect the Index to have one Detachment - Realspace Raid. The later Codex maybe separate Kabals, Cults, Covens?

Thoughts?

Wild, unfounded speculation of your own?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14 2023, 19:20

For some reason I feel like Darklances will get Melta/Heavy ... and voidlances will get assualt/melta and the lance rule itself won't show up ... I guess we'll have to wait and see if they do a "faction focus"
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14 2023, 21:47

Personally, I think they'll just differentiate lances with a higher strength (probably 15 or 16 if the krak missile standard is 14) and/or a higher AP (it will probably stay at -4).
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15 2023, 04:00

It does make me curious about what "Haywire" is gonna be and if its going to be a far more reliable Antitank than our dark lances
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15 2023, 15:43

Archon_91 wrote:
It does make me curious about what "Haywire" is gonna be and if its going to be a far more reliable Antitank than our dark lances

Making it [Anti] Vehicles would make sense?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20 2023, 10:11

So, Transport rules!

I would think that Open Topped would translate to Firing Deck (all) or something to that effect.

Rapid Deployment would make sense for Venoms and Raiders too, though a little pessimism could see it on Venoms only?

I do think that Fire Support is an odd thing for Falcons of all vehicles, but don't see it as a Drukhari thing very much. Unless it's a rule that could be gained through Torment Grenade Launchers? That might make sense?

Thoughts?

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20 2023, 15:56

Actually, torment grenade launchers giving fire support to the vehicle would be a very good (and fluffy) idea. Bonus if they get a shooting profile on their own - though I can see GW just having them grant the ability and nothing else.

Terrain rules are up. I have a lot of questions that can only be answered by the full rules, but from the article it looks similar to what we have already, but with around 5 specific terrain types having specific attributes and qualifiers for granting benefits of cover, instead of a ton of different attributes that you apply as seen as appropriate to terrain pieces. However, cover cannot improve an armor save past 3+ vs AP0 weapons, which is a nerf to power armor in cover (and indirectly benefits us).

Also, there is a 'plunging attack' rule when firing down on nearby units that are on the ground from an upper level, which gives +1AP to your shots.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20 2023, 18:59

Mass poison shooting will be slightly more effective! But I think we will still be relying on the 1 or 2 blasters per unit to remove a meq (3 to 4 if we want to give our archon and syberite blast pistols and get stupid close to the enemy) either way I like the terrain rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for 10th speculation?   Time for 10th speculation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for 10th speculation?
Page 1 of 1