THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drukhari in 10th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Drukhari in 10th Empty
PostSubject: Drukhari in 10th   Drukhari in 10th I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2024, 02:41

Hey Guys!

Well, I was reading a lot about competitive play. Mostly Goonhammer, I admit.
I also talked to some 40k players, Soros and Crystalcuddlers mostly. But nice fellows, really, despite their tastes.
It seems, we are in a, how to put it, convenient spot in 10th. Not overpowered, like fresh 9th. DT liquifer boats so ruled...
With Skysplinter we got a ruleset that actually works. Ok, its a pain in the A** to accumulate Pain Tokens, but easy play isnt Drukhari style.

Our current Meta is mostly 2 Raiders and 4 Venoms, also 2-3 squads of Scourges with Dark Lances and some Mandrakes.
Those are staples. Around that, we can build. First, lets man our transports. 5 elf squads of Wracks are pretty nice for the Venoms.
Slap a Strat and they throw Mortals, when their Ride attacks. After they shoot, of course. And they have a reasonable prize tag.
Incubi are also quite good. Ok, not the killers like in 9th, but they manage. Especially with Drazhar. I so love the model. Very aesthetic.
If there is a prize for coolness, he would deserve it. Despite the 127th Marinelieutenant with extra shoulderpads...
Ok, I am drifting. Where was I? Ah, right, manning our Transports.
Lelith Hesperax is a real powerhouse. Remember the old days? Her Hair counted as a Powerweapon.
So lets add some Wyches. No more special weapons here, what really pisses me off, but it cant be helped. At least we can add a Blastpistol and Grenades.
Kabalite Warriors are cheap, dependable and well armed too. But you must take 10. Ok, with a Venom you can split a squad.
The rules say, we can add an Archon and his Court to a Kabalite squad. Would give quite nice extras.
See the problem here? 10 Kabalites + Archon + Court = 16. A Raider can carry 11, a Venom 6.
Stick em in a Tantalus. Pretty sweet Model, but damn expensive. And hard to hide on the table.
But you see it sometimes. And I so want one..
Beastmasters now must have all beasts. And hell, they really want to have them all.
Too bad, they are momentarily not available...
As are Grots. But almost no one is playing them. Same goes for Haemonkuli.
Reavers, on the other hand, are played more and more. Fast trading pieces with a heat lance.
Talos and Cronos are also played very often.

Well, that almost covered our entire Index. Except the 2 Flyers. We really got a lot of playable pieces
For me, it is nice. How about you guys?

Drukhari in 10th
Page 1 of 1