THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dataslate, Manual and more are out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Dataslate, Manual and more are out Empty
PostSubject: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2024, 13:00

The new dataslate is out, with new points and a rules FAQ.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000-downloads/

Drukhari points changes:
Ravagers and Grotesques down in points.
5 Scourges up in points (but not 10)

Two slight changes to Index Drukhari not listed in the dataslate:
RSR stratagem pages swapped. For no reason.
Cronos Pain Parasite now says "to Empower one or more units". Likely because of the Sadistic Fulcrum.

Other highlights:

Main rules have added......PIVOT values.
TURNING now costs Vehicles and Monsters 2" of their movement.

A roll of 1-3 always fails with Indirect.

Devastating Wounds now count as Mortal Wounds.

Tank Shock is now on the Toughness of the charging vehicle, not the strength of their weapon.

Consolidation after Fighting is NOT optional, but is model by model.

They've finally clarified what happens with one shot weapons when models or units are returned. Models coming back don't get new weapons, new units have new weapons.

Round bases are circular. Not ovals.
This matters to the tournament pack, because Ovals now also have to pivot, losing 2" of movement just to turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2024, 13:01

Honestly. I think Pivot values is a rule too far. Its just another layer, and another rule to make things slight more confusing. Was anyone really having an issue with this?

It would have been much better to just say "pivoting on the spot counts as moving", the end.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2024, 13:57

Goonhammer states, that Scourges can move after they've shot, but before they can be shot back.
That is nice, I'd say. And a 30pts hike for one of our best shooting unit is, well, manageable.
More interresting is the new wording of our 'Vect's Agents' ability. Not sure yet, where this will lead to...
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2024, 18:40

And still nothing done to wyches or hellions, guess our Codex is the next hope for them ... the pivot rule sucks for the talos and cronos but is a major boost to larger vehicles that technically used up their entire movement to pivot 90 degrees
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2024, 21:07

Sometimes you see a 10 elf brick of Wyches with Lelith. But I agree on the Hellions.
In 9th a staple on the board, now a dustcatcher on the shelve...
Back to top Go down
Banbaji
Slave
Banbaji

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2024, 04:15

Archon_91 wrote:
the pivot rule sucks for the talos and cronos but is a major boost to larger vehicles that technically used up their entire movement to pivot 90 degrees

I thought all our monsters and vehicles had round bases and thus had a pivot value of 0"? Did they change the bases (haven't needed a new kit in ages)
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2024, 12:55

Banbaji wrote:
Archon_91 wrote:
the pivot rule sucks for the talos and cronos but is a major boost to larger vehicles that technically used up their entire movement to pivot 90 degrees

I thought all our monsters and vehicles had round bases and thus had a pivot value of 0"? Did they change the bases (haven't needed a new kit in ages)

All of our monsters and vehicles SHOULD be exempt, but I've seen some people arguing that flight stems don't count as bases? Bit of a silly argument if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2024, 01:09

Well, I asked around a bit in our bavarian community and they all agreed: flight bases are round bases.
That means, even a Tantalus doesn't have to worry about pivoting. Makes sense. After all, it hovers...

Archon_91 and Banbaji like this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2024, 01:37

Apparently the tantalous is also able to fit between two buildings instead of flying over them if the base fits between them

Banbaji likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dataslate, Manual and more are out   Dataslate, Manual and more are out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dataslate, Manual and more are out
Page 1 of 1