THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Redesigning the Raven Fighter

Go down 
+2
Siticus the Ancient
Newobmij
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Newobmij
Slave
Newobmij

Redesigning the Raven Fighter Empty
PostSubject: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 18:19

I wanted to have some Raven fighters in my army for the big Apocalypse game coming up this month, but
A) I didn't have $70 or so to drop per Raven (I'm wanting to use 3)
b) The forgeworld model is horribly dated in comparison to the new Dark Eldar range.
So being both a graphic designer and a papercrafter, I set out to redesign the Raven using the Razorwing as an inspiration and the old forgeworld raven as a guideline.

Redesigning the Raven Fighter Tumblr_lxc28xRIhG1r2byuv

And this is what I have to show for my work so far. I'm pleased with the way it achieved both my goals of reflecting the new design aesthetic while still bearing similarities to the old model and only takes up two sheets of card stock to boot. The rules here do not allow me to post the templates (though there may be a bit of leniency for it being a new design and not a replica of a GW kit), but I'm willing to share them with anyone who wants to take a stab at building them.

I've been designing and building paper models for some of my Dark Eldar stuff for a while now including Venoms and Razorwings, though my objective isn't to jip GW by any means. I tend to build the models, play them in my army for a bit, then slowly replace them with plastic kits as I go along. It is a great way to be able to play full size games without having to drop a lot of money all at once though.

But back to the main point, I'd like to know what other people here think of the Raven redesign?
Back to top Go down
http://newobmij.tumblr.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 18:27

That looks seriously awesome. I am always amazed and impressed when I see papercrafted 40k stuff.

The model itself looks very in-line with the current Dark Eldar design and I think superbly fits the bill as a redesign of the old model.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 18:34

HUGE improvement over the FW model. Well done!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 23:01

Very impressive, ever since seeing the documentary "Between the Folds" I've been fascinated by paper folding. First time seeing a 40k version and I like it!
Back to top Go down
Newobmij
Slave
Newobmij

PostSubject: Re: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 23:34

Redesigning the Raven Fighter Tumblr_lurouuPGis1r2byuv
I've also done Razorwings and Venoms and Chaos Hell Blades and the Stormraven and Thunderhawks in paper. And if you think that's impressive, look up a guy by the name of Eli Patoroch.
Back to top Go down
http://newobmij.tumblr.com
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 01:30

Oh, so that's THE Russian guy that made Malacor template I nearly used as base for... tank?
Sweet.

Good job mate. Half of my first Ork army was made more or less from paper so I can admit good cardwork. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 07:37

Amazing work, very impressive! And your papercraft is matched by your painting skills, as well. Thank you for sharing these.

Your redesign of the Raven is very nice, it looks very much like a heavy fighter.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redesigning the Raven Fighter   Redesigning the Raven Fighter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redesigning the Raven Fighter
Page 1 of 1