THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Mach Speed Mk 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Empty
PostSubject: 2k Mach Speed Mk 3   2k Mach Speed Mk 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 20:57

Joined a club/league. It's geared toward competitive play but has some cool concepts like:

How terrain is placed we roll on a chart and that's what we get for the battle.
Slightly altered mission for some mixing-it-up.
KPs altered to help balance "rock" "few-true-KPs" armies and "paper" many MSU archetypes.
Small bonuses to use as you play games, like USRs gained randomly for a given unit, etc.

But those aren't much important as one factor that might bug me: You know your opponent's army before facing them. Now, you can *kinda* tailor to fight them, but if you go too far, complaints will be made and you will be "docked" points for tool-baggery. But it does leave room for changing your list as the league progresses, trying things you wouldn't otherwise try and make for some interesting new things to try.

So I'm up against a Tau Empire player this Saturday. Enter this list, have been tweaking it for quite a bit but settled on this:

HQ: Archon: Blast Pistol & Venom Blade; Djinn Blade, Shadow Field, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs & Phantasm Grenade Launcher -165

HQb: Haemonculus: Liquifier Gun; Splinter Pistol & CCW -60
HQb: Haemonculus: Liquifier Gun; Splinter Pistol & CCW -60

EL: 3 Kabalite Trueborn: 1 Splinter Rifle, 2 Dark Lances -86
/Raider: Dark Lance; Shock Prow & Enhanced Aethersails -70
EL: 3 Kabalite Trueborn: 1 Splinter Rifle, 2 Dark Lances -86
/Raider: Dark Lance; Shock Prow & Enhanced Aethersails -70

TR: 7 Kabalite Warriors: 6 Splinter Rifles, 1 Blaster; Sybarite: Blast Pistol & Power Weapon -118
/Raider: Dark Lance; Shock Prow & Grisly Trophies -70
TR: 7 Wychs: Haywire & Plasma Grenades;1x Razorflails; 5x Splinter Pistol & CCW; Hekatrix: Blast Pistol & Power Weapon -134
/Raider: Dark Lance; Shock Prow & Torment Grenade Launcher -70
TR: 3 Wracks -30
/Venom: 2 Splinter Cannons; Flickerfield -65
TR: 3 Wracks -30
/Venom: 2 Splinter Cannons; Flickerfield -65

FST: 6 Reavers: 2 Heat Lances -156

HVY: Razorwing Jetfighter: 2 Dark Lances, 2 Monoscythe Missiles, 2 Necrotoxin Missiles, 1 Splinter Cannon; Flickerfield -175
HVY: Razorwing Jetfighter: 2 Dark Lances, 2 Monoscythe Missiles, 2 Necrotoxin Missiles, 1 Splinter Cannon; Flickerfield -175

-1997/2000- #48/8 KPs = 20

So things I haven't tried before:

The Archon, I always liked the layout (which due to FAQ does: 6 Poisoned 2+ Attacks or 6+ 2 separate PW attacks on the charge, not counting drug roll.) so he should be a fun choice.

Warriors and Wychs both have Power Weapons to help their flexibility of choices for lists other than Tau Empire, the Blast Pistols for kill a transport, charge occupants option, and with FNP on both units, I'm sure they can stand up to a fight against most standard troops in the game. Tau Empire with Fire Warriors in transports shouldn't like this anyway. Wink

Reavers because I have this many (+ a few more, but really got them to fit nicely here) and I think they'll be a particularly good solution for heavy weapons teams, vehicles in the enemy's rear lines (Rifledreads...) in general (So Tau? Broadsides/Crisis Suits)

Jets over Ravagers for duality and, though more expensive, a hella lot more overall firepower against Hybrid armies. If it's a mech foe, you simply de-mech some of the enemy and usually can "focus" on a nearby vehicle with blasts hoping for scatters into nearby Infantry (Excellent vs GK who ride up and dismount/fire/stick near their Razorbacks/Rhinos) and get a 2-for-1 special of sorts Wink

Everything else pretty standard. Grislys hidden in here for the Reavers before they get mobile, since they have no Ld 9 Ld 8 re-rollable seems pretty nice. (Assuming I can hide the Grisly Raider, pretty sure I can) Torment Launchers for the Tank Shock option with Shock Prows to maybe embarress Paladins and either chase them off (Ld-1 Tank Shock Morale Test) or Pin them (via Necrotoxin) Lanceborn bringing more ranged anti-tank from back field, and a pair of MSU-scoring Venoms holding rear objectives. Aethersails to enhance prospect of suicide Rams if I need them
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Mach Speed Mk 3   2k Mach Speed Mk 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 03:23

For Tau, the heavy weapons teams are the Broadsides generally (Strength 10 AP 1, 72" range weapons as standard...) and since Tau can blow cover saves away thanks to Markerlights (as well as improve their chances to hit and something else I believe), I would definitely try to get some Flickerfields on your Raiders.

I assume you've decided to put the Archon with the Warriors due to the PGL?

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Mach Speed Mk 3   2k Mach Speed Mk 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 04:08

Or Wychs, Defensive Grenades help them too Wink Assault Grenades help the Warriors if he does join them.

Flickers meh, if the guy wastes markerlights on transports, he won't kill me fast enough. Wink I'd love to see Pathfinders use all their lights on 1/2 Raiders.
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Mach Speed Mk 3   2k Mach Speed Mk 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 05:14

Haywire Grenades = Defensive Grenades, no?

Flickerfield is more insurance against the Railguns and other crazy big range weapons they have which can break our transports super easy (tbh what can't).

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Mach Speed Mk 3   2k Mach Speed Mk 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 05:17

No, they don't (re: Haywires = Defensive...How do you figure this? pig)And again, you can still get natural Cover by Flat Outing with raiders or using the empty (read: Raiders with Aethersails) in this list...
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Mach Speed Mk 3   2k Mach Speed Mk 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 05:33

Honestly, re-read the info on Haywire Grenades....I have no idea why I had that in my head for so long XD

I do have to say, cool looking list (the 7 Kabalite Warriors does confuse me a little) and I know from talking to a Tau lover the Torment Grenade Launchers will be fun as hell against them (unless your opponent fields an Ethereal or Aun'va...dear lord if he fields the space pope lol).

Also, good to know, interested to find out how this plays out for you and thanks Smurfy

Cavash wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k Mach Speed Mk 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Mach Speed Mk 3   2k Mach Speed Mk 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Mach Speed Mk 3
Page 1 of 1