THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Voidraven Bomber likely in August

Go down 
+19
KnightSeerValkia
abjectus
Massaen
Nomic
Mr Believer
Thor665
Phototoxin
SirTainly
Local_Ork
Sorrowshard
The_Burning_Eye
Baron Tordeck
Azdrubael
Levitas
Preacher
Evil Space Elves
Viking
Gobsmakked
Sky Serpent
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Voidraven Bomber likely in August Empty
PostSubject: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2012, 21:49

So, we have rumours from Stickmonkey regarding possible special characters being released...

Stickmonkey wrote:
On top of this, I'm hearing there will be a few blister releases for other armies between now and summer. Even with WFB likely to take the spotlight in April, I'm being told to expect 2-3 blisters for 40k.

Likely candidates include missing characters for Nids, Necrons, DE. All of which have sculpts ready.

This implies that the like of Vect and The Lord Hellion are sitting ready for a release window.

As always take with a grain of salt although Stickmonkey is very reliable, however he sees a lot of things rather earlier than other rumourmongers and things often change.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Wed May 09 2012, 08:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2012, 22:09

Wouldn't surprise me, the 'Nid stuff at least has supposedly been done for a long time, so it should be easy to get it out. And I am sure that other armies are in the same boat. GW seems to be keen on getting as much current 40K stuff as they can out before 6ed comes along (which makes me wonder what they have in store for the big splash release for 6ed).

I'm not so worried about a Baron or Duke, I think they will be nice fig's however most players seem to have one already, but I am really looking forward to Vect. I think he is a huge gap in our model range and I also thing that he will be a spectacular figure when we finally lay eyes on him. I hope so, anyway.

I would also be interested to see an official Malys and even a Decapitator - I think that will be another cool model.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Tue Feb 28 2012, 08:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Viking
Hellion
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 01:59

I am very excited to hear this news!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 08:32

Excited as long as it's not the Baron-that guy was a pain in the rear to convert Mad

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 10:05

Would be nice to see an official Malys model, if only so us weirdos can have a proper female Archon. That said, they've done such a great job with most of our HQs that I'm sure any additional models will be awesome. (Cappy on his pile of skulls would be great, if useless).

Edit: Here's the linky to Stickymonkey's original post on Warseer for those of you who like to reference like I do. Wink

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?334631-What-s-next-for-40k

It's mostly Chaos related but our little snippet is in there.

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 14:15

My money would be on Vect as he's the main guy and Lady Malys to fill the female slot, possibly a side bet on Drazhar. I'd really like to see Vect though, such an iconic DE chacter. I think the Duke would be cool if they made him in crazy attire with a super cool cavalier type hat.

I hope we dont see the Decapitator, talk about a model that wont sell.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 14:32

Oh, come on! Thats GW! It will be Kheradruakh and 2 marine releases )

I really hope it will be Jes models, so far he done a great job with Archon, Lelith and Urien.

Haemy and Succubi was made by another sculptor, and while they are good , i think they are nowhere near Jes Goodwin type of work.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 16:10

If its the baron then ill have to pick one up just cuz. I would like to see them release a multi kit for vect though. A foot model coupled with the parts to covert up his ride.

Ps gw if read this a voidraven would be nice Wink

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 17:43

Baron Tordeck wrote:
If its the baron then ill have to pick one up just cuz. I would like to see them release a multi kit for vect though. A foot model coupled with the parts to covert up his ride.
Part of me wouldn't mind seeing something in the vein of the Necron Command barge, with bits for a mounted and un-mounted version. I think that would be more likely than a foot model with just a conversion kit. But then who knows with GW at the moment, they are trying some cool new things.

(Although an FAQ giving the dais Ariel Assault would be nice to go with a new kit.)

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 19:27

I'd love to see Drazhar, the picture in the code is awesome and I'd love for them to bring out a model on those lines. If you've seen the skaven model for Queek Headtaker that would be a good start I should think.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 20:32

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I'd love to see Drazhar, the picture in the codex is awesome and I'd love for them to bring out a model on those lines. If you've seen the skaven model for Queek Headtaker that would be a good start I should think.

Yes, Queek has an awesome pose! And I agree, the codex artwork is great and would love to see that in resin.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 22:15

Drahzar would make a lot of sense as he could double as the missing Klaivex , especially if he is offered with varinat weapons like lelith , maybe swords combined or seperate , would be cool to hava a dirty big Kliave model (path of the outcast ftw)

How I wish Chambers and not Kelly had written the 5thE DE book *le sigh*

Asdrubael would be great though I suspect the characters with extant art are more likely, which could mean Derpcrapitator and a Baron ?

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 22:25

Sorrowshard wrote:
How I wish Chambers and not Kelly had written the 5thE DE book *le sigh*

Eyyy Sorrow, nice to know You pop on Stelle blog.

I also wish Andy back. His Orks dragged me into hobby, Phil's nearly thrown off. I also liked old DE more.
Not like new DE are bad or anything. Just... better Orks, which were better Eldar. Kinda lame.

I also hope for Baron and Freddie Kruger, with Draz on top (there are artworks in book, apparently SC with them get models first. Not like it matter since models get several concept/measure arts tho).

Hopefully latter would get new model, not "Finecast up" like GW like.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 22:35

Tbh, would like Vect, but seems unlikely with no art and deliberately fail rules for the dais, even with areal assault would not be worth 100 more than ravager...

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 23:05

Vect would probably mean Dais model, which would be answer to question nobody asked in the first place...

I mean, how You can pick Ravager, flip his biggest advantage (cost) into biggest flaw and NOT notice that? Even Mandrakes seems somewhat useful...
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 23:29

Special characters I'm looking forward to the most in ascending order...

1. Duke (because its THE DUKE!!1@!!!)
2. Vect (we really should have a model for the supreme overlord)
3. Malys (she's only so high up because I think Juan Diaz could do something magical with her)
4. Baron (looking forward to seeing what they do with him)
5. Drazhar (never been a huge fan)
6. Decapitator (.......)

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 00:38

Almost certainly a Dias model as I just managed to get my hand on an old one! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 00:45

Nooooooo I dont want a dais, its rubnish I would rather they spent the energy on something we might use.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 00:57

Sorrowshard wrote:
Nooooooo I dont want a dais, its rubnish I would rather they spent the energy on something we might use.
Amen to that. Vect would be great (and most appropriate as our El Hefe) , but that silly ride of his can stay in the garage.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 19:08

Im with you mates, hope Dais stays for conversions.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 20:16

Unfortunately unless they make them plastic a la fantasy I won't be buying. I have had my second failca$t experience with castellian crowe (vaguely thinking about exorcist count as GK next... or iron warriors ... or apha legion...) where the backpack was malformed and various other horrors. So unless they are absolutely amazng like the Lhamean I will not be buying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 20:38

You could always do with the new Dais what I did with the old Dais - use it as a sweet looking 'counts as' Ravager...and buy multiples of it so that you have a ton of slave girls and pimpin' cloaked Incubi.

Probably my biggest hopes would be a Dais/Vect combo pack (in plastic - all plastic) in all honesty.
I've already got a Sathy and Sliscus conversion done, and have intentions for a Malys one (of which I think there are plenty of good ways to do it...though I probably wouldn't begrudge getting her...in plastic Wink )
Decapitator might be cool just for a 'oi, look there' sort of way - he's hardly needed and the only good thing giving him a mini might do is force them to consider beefing Mandrakes up somehow in the shift to 6th, but I don't hold my breath for that.

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 22:03

I just bought the metal Drazhar today! I actually thought as I bought him "I'll use him as a stopgap until they release something better". They can't just release a finecast version of the current model, it doesn't tie in with the rest of the range at all looks wise, or have the right weapons.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 06:38

Mr Believer wrote:
They can't just release a finecast version of the current model, it doesn't tie in with the rest of the range at all looks wise, or have the right weapons.
I don't know, did you see the Finecast version of the 1990's Space Wolves Rune Priest in Terminator armor being re-released this week? I wouldn't put it past GW to just "Finecast" the old Drazy for the hell of it. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 06:54

That would suck, hopefully jes won't stand for it....

I wonder if he knows Kelly made a hash of the rules....

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber likely in August   Voidraven Bomber likely in August I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voidraven Bomber likely in August
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next