THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to Build/Paint the Talos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

How to Build/Paint the Talos Empty
PostSubject: How to Build/Paint the Talos   How to Build/Paint the Talos I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 22:12

Forgive my ignorance, but I feel the need to ask because I simply haven't been able to find a tutorial or guide or even tips on how to assemble and paint a Talos.

I've seen plenty of beautifully painted Pain Engines and some fantastic conversions and constructions, but no guide on how to put the blighters together. I ask because I've hit the same rut with mine that I hit when building my Skaven Doomwheel. There are just so many bloody nooks and crannies on this thing that I daren't try to assemble it fully and paint it. Equally though, I'm wary of painting each part separately and assembling it on completion.

So if anyone has any tips on how best to combine the construction and painting of the Talos, it would be greatly appreciated.

Raucir

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: How to Build/Paint the Talos   How to Build/Paint the Talos I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06 2012, 04:01

I assembled these parts and painted in this order:
1. assembled the torso/head/arms/carapace
hip section/tail/gun

I painted the skin first. This made it easier to pick out the metal fittings in the skin. I then painted the metal sections, followed by the tubing and canisters. Then painted the carapace and wrist-guard thingies. Lastly I painted the little arms and attached to the torso.

It really looks like a lot of detail to tackle, but after you have the skin painted the rest of the model just falls into place. It really is fun once you get over the intimidation factor of it looking so awesome.
Hope this helps!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: How to Build/Paint the Talos   How to Build/Paint the Talos I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07 2012, 12:40

Thanks, ESE!

See now, that's a nice simple guideline, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, and do you think I could find one anywhere else? No. It's all very well having wonderful painting tutorials and Aphotic shots, but noone seems to think about these complicated models and the assembly problems they might give novice painters anymore.

Anyway, thanks for that, it's genuinely improved my confidence for tackling the big gribbly. Now if only I could find that can of Skull White spray...

Raucir

PostSubject: Re: How to Build/Paint the Talos   How to Build/Paint the Talos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Build/Paint the Talos
Page 1 of 1