THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG

Go down 
+14
Archon Farath Mure
Urien_Rakarth
Enfernux
dominus nox
Farmer
MurderingBastard
Old Crow
Gobsmakked
Nomic
Sorrowshard
Archon
Sky Serpent
Thor665
SirTainly
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG Empty
PostSubject: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2012, 17:57

The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG Book-RT12-right

“They are a scourge upon our galaxy, the most vile and sadistic of all our xenos foes, and a peril to any who would ply the void in search of profit or gain. Whatever happens, should the shadow of their ships darken your path, pray you die fighting at the helm of your vessel, lest ‘fortune’ favours you and they take you alive…"
–Magos Domos Agnelain, Explorator

The Dark Eldar are a plague upon the Koronus Expanse; raiders, slavers, pirates, and even Rogue Traders suffer at their barbed lashes and blades. Any who cross the Maw and sail the void of the Koronus Expanse learn to fear the wicked silhouettes of their ships and their seemingly endless cruelty towards all life, including their own. Only vigilance and firepower keep the worst depredations of these terrible raiders at bay, though from the dens of Footfall to the commerce halls of Port Wander there are countless tales of crew lost and ships savaged in their sudden attacks...

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Soul Reaver, an adventure in three parts for Rogue Trader! This epic campaign is a chance for daring Explorers to look deep into the twisted heart of Dark Eldar society in the Koronus Expanse, and pull the greatest heist of their careers.

Betrayal and lies

For more on The Soul Reaver, here’s a word from developer Max Brooke:

Rogue Trader is all about risk and profit. Namely, taking huge risks in the name of reaping massive profits. And what bigger gamble could there be than plucking an ancient and powerful warship from the very heart of a Dark Eldar city within the webway?

The Soul Reaver starts with a heist, but things are rarely as they seem when you're dealing with the treacherous Dark Eldar. The Explorers have to bet everything more than once to survive the machinations of several competing factions within the city and come away from this web of lies and betrayal with their promised reward. Of course, the Explorers have a chance to do some betraying of their own, and to this end, The Soul Reaver contains the Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior Career Path. This full new Career, designed for use in this adventure and beyond, allows players to take the sadistic power of the Dark Eldar into their own hands for the first time in Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay.

I'm very excited about the new resources that The Soul Reaver contains for creating dangerous and memorable characters, and GMs and players alike should enjoy using these rules in their adventure through the twisted depths and perilous heights of Dark Eldar society!

Check back often over the coming months as we preview The Soul Reaver, and look for it on store shelves late in the second quarter.

Original post on FFG: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3133
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2012, 18:47

That looks awesome - yet another solid attempt by them to get me to start buying those game books. I may at least buy that one just for the fluff and art.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2012, 20:53

WANT WANT WANT

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2012, 22:04

Thor665 wrote:
I may at least buy that one just for the fluff and art.
+1 Gotta give the Dark Eldar the love!
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2012, 22:26

[edited. Gob.]

I dont do RP's but Ill buy this for the art and the fluff , apparently it's a three parter , the wych on the cover looks amazing !!!!

WANTWANTWANT

Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2012, 22:32

I'm suprised they stuck a new playable career onto an adventure module. They usually don't have much new things besides a few npcs related to the adventure. I don't really play RT but I'll definetly get this for the fluff and for the potential of running a Dark Eldar campaign. Depending on what the adventure is like, I might even be able to adapt it to our Black Crusade group.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10 2012, 03:47

Sorrowshard wrote:
I dont do RP's but Ill buy this for the art and the fluff , apparently it's a three parter , the wych on the cover looks amazing !!!!
My mind said it was supposed to be Lelith - just me?

Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10 2012, 08:43

Nah, she's got no daggers, I suspect they will use their own characters, great inspiration for a succubus mind.

Agoniser = win

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2012, 03:01

Dagnabbit, more expense, and just before 6th hits the ground. Really looking forward to seeing this though.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2012, 19:35

Edited original post to show more information.

I really think this is going to be a must have for all serious Dark Eldar players.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2012, 00:18

I emailed FFG about a week ago regarding using their game mechanics and stats etc on our forum to make an indepth RPG. I would say I recieved a green light.

Jeremy Stomberg, Operations Associate from FFG wrote:

Paulie:

Playing online is perfectly fine, don't worry. It just becomes an issue when people are posting large portions of our published rulebooks.

Thanks for checking!

Back to top Go down
Old Crow
Slave
Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 18:26

If each supplement in this 3 part adventure contains a new career path for it like the Kabalite Warrior in this one then that would be something! Would be great for a Dark Eldar campaign which is what I have been wanting todo for some time now.

Must find Dark Heresy and Dark Eldar enthusiasts within the West Herts and North London areas.

Thank you for brining this to are attention SirTainly!
Back to top Go down
MurderingBastard
Slave
MurderingBastard

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2012, 01:03

Thor665 wrote:
That looks awesome - yet another solid attempt by them to get me to start buying those game books. I may at least buy that one just for the fluff and art.

This. I don't know squat about the game, but I'll probably get the book.
Back to top Go down
Farmer
Hellion
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2012, 06:31

Amazing.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 00:45

A small update for everyone.

I emailed an exec from FFG to enquire about when The Soul Reaver would be released.

He simply stated it was the next book due for release after The Koronus Bestiary. That was announced in December, had several previews and is "mere weeks away from release". Going by that, we could wait until October for the book but I have no idea if they have a pattern for releasing their expansions.

Also as it is not a core book, no collectors edition will be released.

The price will be $39.95.

Back to top Go down
dominus nox
Hellion
dominus nox

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 08:45

Looks like I'll be getting back into Rouge Trader Smile
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 12:40

one more thing i have to get...and convince the others to play Very Happy Sadly, my gang is usually a good guy based group, as our name covers it - white angels, and everyone is in black XD
There are exceptions in a few RPs, Like MAGUS - translate mage - where we usually have a party member with a Ranagol Paladin - sadistic, a god of chaos, pain, torment, supremacy, and has a good dogma: Dead I'm sending to you my lord, Pit his soul to a thousand torments, It's last scream of death, Will redeem my sins.
The other is a Darton Paladin - Darton, god of death, afterlife, eternal rest...and dark humor. The only time you can take a D.Paladin seriously is when hes giving someone a burial Smile

Sadly to all'o'ya, this RP is only in hungarian Sad But if i can convince a few of the angels to play this...i will be very pleased Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 07:45

Sky Serpent wrote:
A small update for everyone.

I emailed an exec from FFG to enquire about when The Soul Reaver would be released.

He simply stated it was the next book due for release after The Koronus Bestiary. That was announced in December, had several previews and is "mere weeks away from release". Going by that, we could wait until October for the book but I have no idea if they have a pattern for releasing their expansions.

Amazon lists July 10 as the release date for The Koronus Bestiary and October 9 for The Soul Reaver. Things happen and dates do change, but that`s a good indication barring unforeseen circumstances.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2012, 21:43

OMFG this looks soooo cool! I'm gonna start rogue trader, partly because I've always wanted to, but mainly just THIS. This looks absolutely inredible and I dream of the day I see it in the fleesh (quite literally knowing de stuff...)

The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG 24506The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG 24695 The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG 25156
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

My
Soul
Trap Victims
Back to top Go down
http://warpstorm.webs.com
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2012, 02:21

I hope I can find a group for Rogue Trader in college.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 21:50

Update time guys...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3458

http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Trader-The-Soul-Reaver/dp/1616614552

“We are the lords of despair, masters of terror. Dread and agony are our meat and wine, and they are plentiful indeed!”
– Attributed to Asdrubael Vect

The Dark Eldar are a plague upon the Koronus Expanse; raiders, slavers, pirates, and even Rogue Traders suffer at their barbed lashes and blades. Any who cross the Maw and sail the void of the Koronus Expanse learn to fear the wicked silhouettes of their ships and their seemingly endless cruelty towards all life, including their own. Only vigilance and firepower keep the worst depredations of these terrible raiders at bay, though from the dens of Footfall to the commerce halls of Port Wander there are countless tales of crew lost and ships savaged in their sudden attacks...

Earlier this year, we announced the upcoming release of The Soul Reaver, an adventure in three parts for Rogue Trader. This epic campaign is a chance for daring Explorers to look deep into the twisted heart of Dark Eldar society in the Koronus Expanse, and pull the greatest heist of their careers. Now, with the release of The Soul Reaver just a few weeks away, we’re pleased to feature a word from one of its contributing writers, Nathan Dowdell:

Ruthless and Cunning

The Dark Eldar are a vile and depraved breed of sadists and murderers, vicious predators of the void who find insane strength and nightmarish vitality in the torments they inflict. Yet in spite of this – or perhaps because of it – the Dark Eldar are the latest species to become available as playable characters in Rogue Trader.

While the Dark Eldar are every bit as terrible as their dread reputations may suggest, they are also a selfish, ambitious, and mercenary people. Their culture is dominated by murderous politics, where advancement and loyalty both come at knife-point, and where any with sufficient desire and ruthlessness can achieve great heights. In this regard, they are little different from many of those who travel the untamed void as Explorers, and a willing Rogue Trader may find an unlikely ally in a Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior.

The Soul Reaver provides circumstances by which a Dark Eldar character may join a group of Explorers, as well as the full rules for using a Kabalite Warrior character. In such a new ally, you may find a consummate warrior and assassin, whose powers only increase as the death toll rises. Every Dark Eldar feeds upon the pain and terror of others, and this is fully realised in game terms, with an assortment of traits and talents that represent the supernatural prowess that comes with a bounty of suffering. However, those Dark Eldar who cannot sate their unnatural thirst will find their powers waning and diminishing.

Furthermore, the book contains an extensive arsenal of Dark Eldar wargear, providing each Kabalite Warrior with the perfect tools with which to spread agony and despair. However, these tools are not only for Player Characters to enjoy.

The Soul Reaver contains a bestiary of Dark Eldar adversaries, covering everything from cruel Kabalite Warriors and vicious Wyches to shrieking Reaver Jetbikers and the horrific creations of the Haemonculi. All of these employ the same kinds of equipment, talents and traits that player characters can enjoy, making them a match for any who might cross their path. To round things out, rules for Dark Eldar starships and an assortment of vehicles that use the vehicle rules from Into the Storm can be found within this book as well, turning it into a comprehensive look at using the Dark Eldar as allies, enemies or both in your games of Rogue Trader.

Thanks, Nathan. Look for more on The Soul Reaver over the next few weeks, and head to your local retailer to place your pre-order!

Back to top Go down
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 05:58

ive never played rogue trader at all...seen it at the local store but thats it....

how is the game system? pretty solid? i grew up playing dnd and would like to get into another rpg.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 08:37

Haven't actually played Rogue Trader (tho I used the ship combat rules from it), but I've played DH and Blakc Crusade which use effectively the same system. It's pretty solid. Skills are rolled on d100 and you have to get under your skill roll (usually around 30 for starting characters, before bonuses are applied). The space combat rules I've found pretty confusing tho, and they pretty much require the use of miniatures to kepe track of the facing of the ships and such. Also, I've heard you should use psychic power rules from DH as the ones in RT are a bit overpowered.

Sara'khil Umbrakol
Hellion
Sara'khil Umbrakol

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04 2012, 09:25

I might actually start playing Rogue trader just for this book Razz

"The Mon-keigh are nothing, but vermin! Their gene-bred counterparts are fun though..." ~ Haemonculus Serkhil

"Our fortress is impenetrable! Some lithe xenos have no hope of breaching it. Wait... what is that darkness...?" ~ Last words of the Space Marine captain Augustus of the Imperial Fists,
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04 2012, 22:52

I'm really waiting for it to hit shelves - I'm buying it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG   The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Soul Reaver - Dark Eldar Expansion in FFG's Rogue Trader RPG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: