THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point army list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beltrax
Slave

1500 point army list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point army list   1500 point army list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2012, 18:38

Hi, I have been reading through the various threads regarding new armies and have found it all very helpful and I was hoping for some feedback on the following list:

Archon with Husk Blade, Ghostplate Armour and Combat Drugs
4 Incubi - 1 Klaivex with Demiklaives
Venom with Splinter Cannon

5 Kabalite Trueborn - 3 with shardcarbine, 2 with splinter cannon
Venom with Splinter Cannon

5 Mandrakes inc Nightfiend

10 Kabalite Warriors with Shredder and Splinter Cannon
Sybarite with Power Weapon
Raider with Flickerfield and Enhanced Aethersails

Lileth Hesperax
9 Wyches, 1 Shardnet and 1 Hydra gauntlet, Haywire Grenades
1Hekatrix with Blast Pistol and Agoniser.

3 Ravages with flickerfields

I know that Lelith is quite expensive points wise but I like the look of her rules and the figure! The idea is the Ravagers and if need be the Wyches are anti tank, the Archon and Incubi target the hardest/toughest unit and the rest are anti infantry with the mandrakes scouting up and trying to pick up a quick/easy pain token.

Its worth saying that this (or anything by myself) hasnt been play tested as i only picked up the battle force this week but any criticism/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point army list   1500 point army list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2012, 19:03

Incubi have no grenades, and ghostplate armour is all but useless against power weapons. Drop the huskblade for an agoniser (or even VB or standard PW) and get a PGL and shadowfield. Demiklaives are nice, but my preferred upgrade is onslaught, mathematically it works out a little better.

Dakkaborn are nice, but if you run 2 and 2 and The Duke instead of Lelith, wounding on 3s vs 5s (on average) is much nicer. (granted Lelith does ignore armour) 3 Trueborn with blasters is a more standard option, but its all about what you like really.

Mandrakes. Much maligned, but they look cool. Smile

Are your Kabalites getting into CC? then Drop the PW at least. If you are going with the dakkaborn I would swap out the Splintercannon for a Dark lance as well, especially if the goal is set up on an objective. Yes you lose 4 or 6 shots wounding on 4's but str8 insta kills most things, and you are running two Venoms so 24 shots each there, plus if a hellhound is bearing down on you an extra lance shot can really help. I get the enhanced Aethersails for late game objective grabs, not my taste but there you go.

Blast pistol on the Hekonizer is all but useless, you want to get them into cc asap, so fleet moves are usually the order of the day. If you insist on Lelith, drop the agonizer for a Venom blade, overwhelm and let Lelith's ridiculous number of attacks give you your cc winners. Hydra gauntlets are my second favourite wych weapon, behind the S&I, two of which are great for Dreadnought lockdowns.

I like the ravagers. They will be shot at right away, as long as you expect it let them rain death as long as possible and move 12" every turn if you can; just to rub in the Aerial assault rule if nothing else Twisted Evil

blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point army list   1500 point army list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2012, 20:39

always give ur archon a shadowfield. They have been time tested since the 90's. Although, mine have failed 6 times in a row on the first roll. However, before that it would always sucks up at least 10 wounds.
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point army list   1500 point army list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2012, 23:42

You're troop choices @ 1500 are pretty scarce, i'm also not a fan of 2HQ's @ less than 2k. If you take Lelith run her w/ bloodbrides(so you get 3 wych wpns) and drop the Incubi. If you keep the Archon drop Lelith, either way I would decide on one HQ for 1500.

The pwr wpn on the Sybarite is honestly pretty useless; I don't take Sybarites at all personally but I understand why ppl do. I would drop the shredder and the pwr wpn for a blaster as your only anti tank right now seems to be the 3 ravager which can be deleted in one shooting phase.

HWG's on your wyches don't seem to make sense w/ this list, you only have 2 scoring units to begin with and as anyone who takes HWG's will tell you, you MUST be willing to sacrifice that unit to take out the tank(no pain token from vehicles so that wych squad is going to get shot to pieces after they destroys it). If you want to stay at such a low # of troops i'd drop them to save the points as your scoring units will be extremely valuable.

Agoniser/S. Field>Huskblade if you keep the archon make sure you add that, G. Plate is pretty useless unless you just want that to be a suicide squad.

Blast Pistol are useless, i'd get rid of Duke's if Phil Kelly would let me...

Best of luck w/ your raids fellow archon!
Back to top Go down
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point army list   1500 point army list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2012, 00:16

Also, in regards to the Archon's wargear, I find the soul trap to be a complete waste of points. Callofdoobie is correct in stating that the agonizer, shadowfield is superior to the huskblade regardless of whether or not there is a soul trap involved.
Back to top Go down
Beltrax
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point army list   1500 point army list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2012, 15:54

I think in all reality having 2 HQ's at such a low level isn't a great idea, dropping Lelith would pretty much let me take another troop choice, and even with Space Marines (my other army) only having two troop choices is never enough.
Also I will be taking the Archon with PGL, Power Wep/agonizer and Shadowfield with Incubi with Onslaught instead of demiklaive. Im going to swap the splinter cannons on the Trueborn for Blasters/Dark Lances for more anti tank - like callofdoobie said seeing all my anti tank wiped out in then first turn will be soul destroying and also very common!
Haywire and blast pistol will be taken from wyches too. Hopefully another pay day and ill be able to field at least 1000 points! Bring on the pain and slaughter! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point army list   1500 point army list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point army list
Page 1 of 1