THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 01:39

I wanted to come up with a coven style army list that would be fluffy yet be competitive. It came out to 1500 pts exactly. The haem is to go to the grotesque squad in the raider. Here is said list, I'd love to know what my fellow denizens think of it.

HQ:
Haemonculus w/ Agoniser

Elite:
Grotesques x3 w/ liquefier gun, Aberration
Raider Transport

Troop:
Wracks x5 w/ liquifier gun, Acothyst w/ Agonizer
Venom Transport w/Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack:
Scourges x5 w/ Haywire Blaster
Scourges x5 w/ Haywire Blaster

Heavy Support:
Talos Pain Engine w/ chain flails, additional close combat weapon
Talos Pain Engine w/ chain flails, additional close combat weapon
Cronos Parasite Engine w/ Spirit Vortex

Just a general purpose list that i thought could be versatile.

Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 03:21

I've never played with a cronos but everything I have heard about them hasn't been good. Also I would upgrade the haemie to an ancient sp you have more attacks and wounds. I do think it this list would be fun to play though but I do my know if the agoniser is worth it
Back to top Go down
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 04:45

The agoniser is for MEQ toughies :p

Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 07:25

what does MEQ stand for?
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 07:41

MEQ = Marine Equivalent. Short hand for anything with Toughness 4 and Armor 3+.
GEQ = Guard Equivalent. Short hand for anything with Toughness 3 and Armor 5+.
TEQ = Terminator Equivalent. Short hand for anything with Toughness 4 and Armor 2+.
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 07:45

Oh cool thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 19:50

Well, there are several ways I would change this list...

First off, 15 pts for an ECCW is way too much imho. Also even if you roll low, you can just smash [turning 1 S7 attack into 2 S10 attacks (1 halfed is 1, and then +1 for charging)] So its not as bad as it was it was last edition. In the same vein I dont think chain-flails are that needed anymore as well. Since like I said, rolling low is actually a boon for us (plus HoW attack)

Secondly I dont think you really need the Acothyst and weapon upgrade on your 5 man wracks. Those squads shouldnt be in combat unless you know you can win, and paying 30pts for something they probably wont see doesnt make sense. The Acothyst I could kinda go with as its extra leadership, but that still a hard sell when you can get so much with all those points saved.

Well what whould I do with those 180 pts??? well now first I would get TL liquifers on those Taloi. They are way deadlier than chainflails on him (when including the charge) and giving the ability to ignore cover and possibly armor, is a great choice because its so cheap. Also while I like splinter cannons on taloi, I think haywire blasters on them will compliment the other haywire blasters on the scourges nicely (hopefully you have 2 per 5 man squad as well btw)

Next I would up your grot squad to the max 4 man size, give them a liquifer, and give the Abberation a sciscorhand. This not only gives him an extra attack, but re-rolls to wound [and remember you can use your base strength and still get the bonus from poison (so you can now wound on 2+ and get re-rolls)]

Finally I would get a liqufier to your haemie, and if you have the points up him to an Ancient. This buff in WS, In, wounds, and Leadership will help him keep those grots around until you get fearless. Also if you have too, dropping the agoniser for a way cheaper power weapon (axe is nice, but a sword wouldnt be that bad either) to save points isnt that bad of an option.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 21:21

Yes 2 Haywire blasters would be good for the scourges, unfortunately, your only allowed 1 for every 5 models in the squad. Other than that, 2 in a squad of 5 would be a great idea, there is just the small matter of the codex disagreeing. ;p
But thanks for your input all the same, you make some valid points all the same.

Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 21:27

Actually you're mistaken. It clearly says:
"For every five models in the squad, two Scourges may replace their shardcarbines with:"

So yes you can have two Haywire Blasters (or Splinter Cannons or whatever) per five models.
Back to top Go down
Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 21:30

ah, yes, so it does. Well that is much better then. ^_^

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play   1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point Coven Army List for Tournament play
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: