THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 11:11

So ive finally gotten round to putting up a project log for my kabal and cult, although im by no means a good painter some of my conversions are ok and due to that this log is mostly to show my conversions and modeling rather than my fairly awful painting.

This is my yet unamed succubus (any ideas for a name)
The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. Succub13

The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. Succub14

The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. Succub16

Sorry about the image quality i cant find the charger for my camera so i took this on a vidio recorder instead.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 12:05

That is very cool, you going to do several versions with different other races?
Really creative use of the hanger models though, looking forward to seeing some more!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 12:27

My archons simalar to that aswell although following your suggestion i might but an autarch and have him being killed instead of a company commander before i post him. ( an repaint him so he is at least bearable to look at as i painted him a while back and as a result he is REALY bad.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 12:56

It's my only concern when modelling something like that, fine whenever you're playing against that particular race, but knowing my ocd tendencies, i'd have to do a different version for each race. It may be worth trying to do it so you can just swap the body the succubus is attached to, almost as though the spear just slots into the body?

As regards names, i set out a few ways for coming up with them here but specifically in relation to your force, you could look at something related to the name of your cult? It's a bit of a cliche but the broken sword from Lord of the Rings was called Narsil, or there's a manga series called Bureiku Bureido, which means broke blade, or there's a book called the complete bladesmith by a guy called Hrisoulas, or Chromium is what causes steel to crack during forging. They're all options, but my personal favourite method is the translator - Sarkya means shatter in Finnish.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 22:08

Or i could just say there was a lone company command guy on the battlefield who was still running from his last battle with my succubus (im lazy, sorry) Twisted Evil thanks for the naming ideas i shall go and have a go at trying to work google translate.

Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 11:34

This is my archon V'rach, sorry about the bad painting on the guardsman and actuall archon model and the bad lighting and image quality. This is only really to show the pus and blood oozing flayed skin cloak, the actuall model needs repainted. (plus you cant see the detail on this camera so it looks even worse than it is).

The cloak:
The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. Archon10

the model:

The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. Archon11

Just realized how bad the cloak is on here in real life its much shinyer i'll post a better picture when i find my proper cameras charger.

Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 21:34

WIP Ravager, nothing special converion wise on this one. Just a couple of minor things around the sponsons.

Hull:
Not sure whether or not i like the silver on it, still got to add highlights.
The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. 07712

Base:
Not sure about the dried blood on this one, may have to add some varnish.
The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. 08010

Sail (unfinished and the glare makes it look a lot worse than it really is.) :
The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. 08310

Sponsons:
Missing several orange layers on the molten exploded bits so ive still got do do that, also apart from the battle damaged bit its just basecoated. Sorry about the picture blurriness on this one, missing out a lot of the detail cos of the blur
The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. 08210

As usual i would like to apologise for the terrible picture quality as this was taken on an ipod. I should be getting this finished by the end of the month and also i should be getting some better pictures of my archon up soon.
Hope you all kill many Monk-keigh vermin
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.   The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the waning frost and the cult of the shattered blade.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: