THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal Raining Bullets

Go down 
+11
Evil Space Elves
Firdeth
The_Burning_Eye
teh603
SmallVictory
Siticus the Ancient
Sky Serpent
Cavash
S'jet
Saintspirit
mot666
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

The Kabal Raining Bullets Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 10:12

Some flicks from the time of first release, initially a sensible plan for 2000pts... now giving my 13000pt nid hoarde bad dreams closing in on 8000pt plus. No

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1375

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1376

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1377

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1378

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1379

these pics are unkind at times, forgive please still learning how the camera works. wait or auto focus hold button halfway focus shoot? must be some kinda trick? buy new camera!

still umming and ahhing about this and that, needs a splash of paint or colour chage here n there. first army ive started to do more than various flocks about the base, bits were sacred in my day but these days... ive got several lunch bags+ worth of bits over a few years. and you can buy basing stuff!

i'll just go take some more of what ive been up to since. and retrieve my hosting password... back in a crackle and a flash of negative light

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.

Last edited by mot666 on Mon Aug 06 2012, 04:59; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 11:57

my unholy gods does photobucket crawl...

a third of what i took just before the sun set and its overcast... you can see the gradient fade in the background as the sun sets:

The Kabal Raining Bullets 350

The Kabal Raining Bullets 351

The Kabal Raining Bullets 352

The Kabal Raining Bullets 353

The Kabal Raining Bullets 354

The Kabal Raining Bullets 355

The Kabal Raining Bullets 356

the incubi are also from the first lot i bought when they came out. i refined what i was doing slightly over the rest of the crew(as you do!)

more when the rest load
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 12:10

I think it looks good, although some of the models (manely the ones in the first post) feels a little too coloured, so to speak. I like the troop's colours, though.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 12:28

Cheers matey! Methinks thats because the fotos were taken in sunlight during the middle of the day on the back step. they're not as vibrant and more sickly in person Very Happy

Anyone know where I can find a photo host that dosnt upload at 0-5kb a second? Free of course...

The Kabal Raining Bullets 3532

Current army, soon to be plus megaforce and the two forgeworld boats, then some kind of Court thing with venomous snakes

The Kabal Raining Bullets 3542

Mr fiend wip
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 13:23

gonna get me a picasa account, less than 5 mins for all these to upload. >DEATH TO PHOTOBUCKET<

more of the archon cos the first one was blured... going to add some kind of yet to be decided pattern to cloak. like fire and ice.

The Kabal Raining Bullets 357

The Kabal Raining Bullets 358

the harliquins were murder bout 6 hrs total paint time... each... gonna try for smaller checkers next time.

The Kabal Raining Bullets 359

The Kabal Raining Bullets 360

The Kabal Raining Bullets 362

The Kabal Raining Bullets 363

first box of troopers from way back painted over a week after work, still not sure what colour to paint the archon headed sarg. i thought there was a dude missing for a second there Shocked

The Kabal Raining Bullets 364

The Kabal Raining Bullets 365

The Kabal Raining Bullets 366

some WIP

The Kabal Raining Bullets 367

man does the flash change the colours...

The Kabal Raining Bullets 368

The Kabal Raining Bullets 369

The Kabal Raining Bullets 370

nearing compleation hellions to follow...
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2012, 09:23

more flicks this arvo, overcast again. i like the bleak light against my bland background.

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1750

some of the back to basix bases... got some nice poses on these as yet unpainted heathens

retakes with different light...

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1751

lovin the snide look baby!

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1752

tat on the right cheek? watdya rekon?

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1753

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1754

I dont feel that Urien is *complete* appart from eyes and teeth, he needs something i can quite think of... something something... not sure, more on the flesh? Work on the cloak? i was keeping that to a minimum on purpose.

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1755

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1756

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1757

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1758

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1759

Helliooooonz! need detailing. must say they're looking nice and sharp in these pics.

Probably need more colour brushed on the bases. add some depth. some fine detailing across the range of what ive painted so far, some colours need touch ups in the highlights department. some washes in places.

that pretty much all i have painted so far. was going to start the reavers once the hellions are finished... but ill have 24 reavers soon. and 80 wyches. need more raider. affraid

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: challenge unacceptable!   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 19:35

proove it or loose it flicks for the monthly challenge. my latest addition:

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1768

>MEGAFORCE< theres $550+ worth in there, for $350? yes please ...way to start an afternoon modeling sesh... all the essentials!

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1770

some bases i'll be using, and new blades for my knife. all my other ones vanished(?)

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1771

sprue city. ive got 3 chockers plastic bags full of empty sprues. any ideas on what to do with them?

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1773

i didnt aquire this many bits in all 5 years i played solidly when i was young. how long DE been out now?

....so at the end of a non eventful and distracted night i have nine reavers. needs riders.

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
S'jet
Hellion
S'jet

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 23:02

mot666 wrote:
...and new blades for my knife. all my other ones vanished(?)

Do you have a cat? My drill bits tube went missing.... i've got a suspicious feeling.....

Thats ALOT of models. Wish now that i'd bought one of the army boxes. Have fun painting!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 23:16

I really like how you have painted Urien's face. It is darker than how other people paint it, but it works well.

Oh, and you have far too much spare money. I think you should distribute your wealth with me. Smile

The Kabal Raining Bullets YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 00:39

@sjet- no, my cat unfortunatley got left on the other side of the country. i think they're just crappy blades, and i may have through them quickly. they're no where as good as other brands ive bought. dang sharp though just nicked myself with a new one. STINGS!
I like to fill out the slots in my list so i can go all out one style if i want, plus we seem to play to much Apocalypse with waaaay to many points around here. best/most numerous collection of apocalypse units in WA according to some vagabonds who drop by every now and then. several 8x4s bout 10 guys at 5 a side. sometimes more. madness.

You can still get em i think(megabox) i only got mine yesterday. i have so many minies to paint. so, so many... 600+ easy i reckon.

@cavash- cheers man. his face *is* hanging off by tendons so i thought id add a little extra festy to it. plus theres more detail on his face than you usually see on a miny.
really? youd take that back if you saw my bank statement. the debt you can have. wealth is something i cant offer. 8 string guitars and stuff No im not even sure i have a job atm!

just black primed the reavers, vypers comming along. i'll post a pick of my reaver flock later.

edit: now its later. reaver flock.... needs 'ridin down the highway' type music. badmofos lol!

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1777

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 07:07

scourges and bases for warriors.

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1783

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 17:34

I really like the Wyches, the choice of colour really works.

Nice to see a Clawed Fiend on the boards Smile

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 19:53

thanks. me too. knocked them out one weekend becuase i wanted to see a complete unit with the colours, and we had a 'bonus points for completely painted army' in our local tourney/campaign. and i had a revelation of free slate scored.

ive got two. i want more... but am unemployed atm. they own. if they dont get owned. people ignore them if theres something they think is scarier to kill, because they dont usually see them on the table... they dont see dark eldar on the table but thats another story.

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 14:37

finaly got some grass tufts. good stuff. added to wyches...

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1789

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1792

may have resurected my citadel spray gun. lookout for razorwing squadron in the not to distant future. maybe...

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 15:03

Those wyches look great! Excellent basework.

What really caught my eye, though, are your Reavers... 21 Reaver jetbike, hoooooooly crap! I would love to see those done, would make for a magnificent sight!

SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 23:58

The sheer volume of plastic is madness! I couldn't paint all of that in a lifetime at my pace. Stuff looks great too, I really like the checkers on the harlies and that flock of reavers is going to be epic.
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 02:11

cheers.

its just smashed reject slate. 1hr in the garage with a hammer Smile

that *reaver flock* is going to be 30 when i get the cash. heh.heh.heh...

those harliquins. man. painstaking work. it gets to the point where you're shaking a little and you're to scared to add anymore in case you ruin it. sweat beads. palpatations... and i wanna do smaller checkers. Neutral i re-noticed something the other day when i was going through my army, the checkers have strikingly similar size/pattern to the dangerously sharp wire mesh on the base. so maybe i wont do smaller checkers. idunno.

if i get off my backside it wont take long to paint them. its my 13000 nid army i worry about. all base coloured and needing to be glued back together after many games of apocalypse. one of the trygons actually got smashed by some [EXPLICITTE DEROGITORY] ...i was in to much shock to chase him down the street and kill him. anyway. he'll be converted someday when i can deal with it. he was nearly finished... Sad

edit: ...to add to that I started reading Path of the Renegade last night/thismorning. upto ch3. fantaastic stuff. i havent read a hammer novel since inquisitor. its stirring my childish imagination back into life. if you're all really nice i may just start clocking up some Fluffy Times of my own for y'all to read.

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
teh603
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 03:32

I feel your pain with the smashed Trigon. I remember trying to pack up my own miniatures shortly after a 40k game, and having a rather overzealous Magic the Gathering player just sweep a lot of figures off the table with his arm, including one of the old metal Chaos dreads- which broke apart at the waist. I eventually got it reassembled, but it was really upsetting at the time.

Good luck on the reaver flock. That's going to be one hella huge army once you've got it all finished.
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 03:57

magic player? sweeped?man. sometimes you could straight up kill a man, couldnt you? some people have no respect.

in other news. good news too. i got my thrice accursed spraygun to work again(literally thrice... almost 3 cans of propelant later) pros: an hour to mix paint, dust models, spray models, muck around a bit. 3 purple razorwings and 3 venoms with the tops painted. must have only used enough paint to hit the first bar on the paint bottle. nice smooth surface. quick, sane way to paint lots. cons: constant re-adjustment of parts to ensure paint flow; clearing of spray nozel, there was a slight breeze- so theres paint flecks all over my legs.

no flicks.camera battery dead.they're just purple like the others so you're not missing anything.

yessss.... >pumps the air<

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 16:19

got some wip 'over the top' razorwing bases for ya's. some kind of group caption for the the three like '*multiple thermo-nuclear devices detected captn... explosion immenent... can we >not< investigate this one?*'

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1793

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1794
theres going to be fire and smoke on the black tree to the far right

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1795
caption: 'bobs taking too long... oh crap!'

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1800
'bob'

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1798

not so clear under stealers foot and blutac 3rd nuke triggered by stealer caught up in the kill... caption: 'bet you didnt see this comming.... OOOPS!?'

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1803

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1804

some flicks of my nice newly sprayed razors. was gonna start painting em - got distracted by 40k battle accessories and trees had been saving for a rainy day(raining right now ironicly!) ...turned into sudden brainstorm of needs dead dude... needs reason dudes dead,,, needs more... becomes out of control nuculear crisis... go figure.

appart from some landscaping, pose alteration, gun swapping and greenstuffing im gonna do area effect lighting on the three nukes. a couple of firsts for me. beggining with the dioramic base itself.

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 04:38

The Kabal Raining Bullets 101_1819

highlights nearing completion.

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 10:28

looking pretty good there, especially the highlighted elements that aren't edge panels.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 12:13

Delicious purple. That Razorwing looks really good!

mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 17:33

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Delicious purple.

my sentiments exactly... i spent the day trying not to eat it!

my project log:
now with csm:
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 10:20

Purple FTW! Love the bases with the trees btw. whole lot of action going on there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal Raining Bullets   The Kabal Raining Bullets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal Raining Bullets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next