THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

potential kabalite

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kokigami
Slave

potential kabalite Empty
PostSubject: potential kabalite   potential kabalite I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 20:24

I say potential because I haven't decided how to proceed at the moment. My relationship with 40k is complicated, some might say tortured..

I am a long time gamer, having started playing RPGs back in the late 70s. Played a bit of Chainmail in the 80s and always wanted to get more into minis. But minis were expensive, so mostly stuck with RPG and the occasional related skirmish.

I never had an interest in GW, but I did collect some minis over time. Got a bit into Hordes of the Things, played some WWII naval and WWI air combat games with some friends who had the figures for historicals. A few years back, I accidentally bought a basic army for IG (listed as 7 pounds of lead figures, possibly 40k) very cheap. GW products had always been overpriced, but, I thought, now I have a good start, at a sensible price. I have built that army to over 2000 pts. (It is not tournament legal, as the bulk is still not made of GW models). Bought rules, codex.. Got them to the table 4 times.,.. and now the rules are out of date.. This is the primary reason I have never become involved in GW prior.. random pointless updates as a financial plan.. (very Dark Eldar, Chaos, imho)

Recently I made a bulk purchase of minis from someone. It included 66 DE from about 2004. So, I am trying to decide if I should keep them, and expand my GW activities (falling prey to what I see as an exploitive game company), or sell em, and decide to curtail or even get out of the GW game world. Or just re-purpose them for another game system.. ..

Problem is, DE are kind of Iconic. They aren't going to function well on a non GW themed game table. I mean, GW fluff is well established, (that market penetration being one reason I decide to expand my steel legion army rather than simply sell it and buy non GW stuff - there are a fair number of GW players, even in this podunk town.. and not many who play 5150, or star-grunt.. or such.. )

So, I have begun researching the DE by coming here. Trying to figure out what I would have to invest to get this guys table ready, and whether I want to do that. GW is not my first love. Not even my 10th. But, I get the impression, these figures also don't have a lot of resale, so, even though I got them at reasonable rates, selling them probably would be at a loss..

I got bling, if anyone wants to see them. They came painted, to an acceptable standard, with only a couple exceptions. They all appear to be Kabalites with a few special weapons. (though some may be intended as HQ.. _) with a few old school wytches..

potential kabalite 100_0554
potential kabalite 100_0551
potential kabalite 100_0550
potential kabalite 100_0549
potential kabalite 100_0548potential kabalite 100_0546
potential kabalite 100_0545
potential kabalite 100_0544
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

potential kabalite Empty
PostSubject: Re: potential kabalite   potential kabalite I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 20:31

Welcome, 1500th ember of The Dark City.

I did have a cake for you, but my Wracks ate it.
Great to see the old models, because everyone knows that Hell Masks and huge shoulder pas are awesome.

Enjoy your time in Commorragh! Very Happy

potential kabalite YiVCUio
Back to top Go down

potential kabalite
Page 1 of 1