THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tervigon and Duke with Icarus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

Tervigon and Duke with Icarus Empty
PostSubject: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 14:13

Can I move a Tervigon, as he is indep character, to join group of termagants, stand in front to tank and than catch all those kraks and lascannons with termagants by "look out sir"?

I have aegis defence line with Icarus. Behind Aegis I place 10 Kabal Warriors with Duke who has to start with them. Can I in my first turn leave Warrior's unit with Duke, move him into base to base with Icarus and shoot with it at full BS in shooting phase? Icarus is heavy 1 but in rulebook its "if model carrying a heavy weapon moved...", Duke has not moved WITH Icarus. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 14:27

AFAIK, the Tervigon is not an IC so cannot join the Termagants. I could be wrong though.

As to the Duke question, why not simply do it the other way and have the unit move away from the Duke?

Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 14:35

In rulebook pg. 413. (Ch) is by Broodlord, Hive Tyrant and Tervigon. Thats why Im asking, Im also suprised he is Character.

Yes I could do that, but wanted to keep my Splinter cannon Heavy 6 for that turn not Assault 4 Razz

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 14:42

Remember if you don't move the splinter cannon model he doesn't count as moving for the purpose of firing heavy weapons. So move the rest of the unit so that they are not with the duke, but don't move the splinter cannon. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 14:49

Zanais wrote:
In rulebook pg. 413. (Ch) is by Broodlord, Hive Tyrant and Tervigon. Thats why Im asking, Im also suprised he is Character.

There is a difference between a Character (Ch) and an Independent Character (IC).

AFAIK, Characters cannot join other units other than where specifically stated (such as Necron Royal Courts joining Warrior and Immortal units).

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 14:56

^this. Only independent characters can join other units. Regular Characters cannot (however they get precision shot/strike and can accept challenges).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 15:09

What Adhemar said is correct, (Ch) vs (IC). I believe the only IC's that the Tyranids have are the Prime and Parasite. Also, Like Adhemar said, some special rules allow certain models to form units, like the Tyrant and Tyrant Guard.
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 16:01

Bah ok, my mistake than, thanks for clearing this up. Vision of dogs doing Look out Tervigon was not funny Razz

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 10:26

Characters (Ch), can still do precision shots and all the other character abilities, don't forget that.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 13:20

Should we look at P96 for the question about the Duke handling the Icarus gun? It's the only other relevant page I could find on the matter.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tervigon and Duke with Icarus   Tervigon and Duke with Icarus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tervigon and Duke with Icarus
Page 1 of 1