THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

moving vehicles in the shooting phase

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

moving vehicles in the shooting phase Empty
PostSubject: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 10:31

I heard somewhere that vehicles can move 2D6 in the shooting phase is that correct? like a run move for vehicles, I cant find it in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 10:53

That is not quite right.
There is a 'run' for vehicles, in the shooting phase, it's called Flat Out. But it is not 2D6", but 6" for normal vehicles, 12" for fast vehicles and 18" for fast skimmers. (Only heavy vehicles and walkers can't move Flat Out, but Walkers can run.)

And there is an additional 2D6" movement, that works very similar to running. It's the Enhanced Aethersails in our codex. Those allow a DE vehicle, equipped with them, to move an additional 2D6", but troops can't disembark this turn and neither vehicle nor passengers may fire in the following shooting phase.

PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 11:02

Oh I see so in the shooting phase in addition to the movement phase our vehicles can move between 6 and 18 inches instead of shooting? So they can move twice in a turn? is that a 6th ed rule? can they still snap shoot if they move in the shooting phase?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 11:09

Yes that is a 6th edition rule. In 5th all movement was made in the movement phase.

If a vehicle moves Flat Out, neither it nor it's passengers can shoot, that turn.

jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 16:03

Tiri Rana wrote:

Those allow a DE vehicle, equipped with them, to move an additional 2D6", but troops can't disembark this turn and neither vehicle nor passengers may fire in the following shooting phase.

They cant shoot that shooting phase, because they have gone flat out, which occurs in the shooting phase. They can, however, shoot on the next turn's shooting phase. It needs to be FAQ'ed, but it's a hold over wording from the last edition where all the vehicle movement occurred in the movement phase and since the vehicle moved so far, was not allowed to shoot in that turns shooting phase.

Edit - Since the rules for Aethersails are a little cloudy, you could technically use them in that turns movement phase (so move your normal movement + the 2d6 from the sails) then in the shooting phase, go your normal flat out distance. My point being you shouldent lose 2 rounds of shooting for using them.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 19:11

The aether sails are faq'd to be clear that you can do just that, and since aether sails still work in the movement phase the wording on the "following shooting phase" is still accurate

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16 2012, 04:30

that's a pretty good upgrade then hey? makes an already fast vehicle even faster and speed is pretty much what keeps us alive wouldn't you think? cover jinks etc.
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16 2012, 17:27

I use the points Id normally spend on flickerfields to pay for the aethersails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moving vehicles in the shooting phase   moving vehicles in the shooting phase I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moving vehicles in the shooting phase
Page 1 of 1