THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

bubble wrapping with reavers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

bubble wrapping with reavers? Empty
PostSubject: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 22:42

how does bubble wrapping work? if i have a unit of wyches in the open and put my reavers in front, what are the different kinds of cover saves i can make? and does it depned on how fast the bikes moved?

Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 23:40

Models screened by intervening models receive a 5+ cover save. This is not cumulative with other cover saves and doesn't depend on the reavers' movement.

doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 23:46

thanks for the quick response =)

Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 00:30

I'm going to use it to protect Hellions. Since they are with the Baron, they already get Stealth, so bubble wrapped by Reavers who have just turbo boosted, the Reavers will get a 3+ and the Hellions a 4+.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 07:09

You get a 5+ like Tiri Rana said. Or a 4+ if they are being shot from within 8" and have a PGL. Reavers are great for screening as the models are tall thanks to their stands and shooting "under" them still counts as shooting through a unit.

Also the 40k expression "bubble wrap" is not normally used to refer conferring cover saves (screening a unit), it's mainly used to refer to protecting a vehicle or a unit from assault by surrounding it in cheap disposable models. For example it's common practice for imperial guard players to use a platoon of guardsmen to bubble wrap their tanks and artillery.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 09:30

gotcha! this helps a lot thank you

Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15 2012, 02:50

You can also see an example of this in one of Mush's Battle reps (note the last quote in his sig)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bubble wrapping with reavers?   bubble wrapping with reavers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bubble wrapping with reavers?
Page 1 of 1