THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jomac
Slave

2000 point Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point Dark Eldar   2000 point Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 14:06

Hi, I'm new to Dark Eldar and after lurking for a while this is the list that I have come up with.

HQ
Archon, Shadowfield, PGL, Soultrap, Combat Drugs, Huskblade, Haywire Grenades - 175
Succubi, Electrcorrosive whip - 85

Elites
4 Incubi, Venom, Splinter Cannon - 153

Troops
10 Kabalite Warriors, Splinter Cannon, Raider, Splinter Racks - 170
9 Wyches, Shardnet, Hekatrix, Agoniser, PGL, Raider - 200
5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Splinter Cannon - 125
5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Splinter Cannon - 125

Fast Attack
6 Reavers, 2 Heatlances - 156
6 Reavers, 2 Heatlances - 156

Heavy Support
Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105

Total: 2000

Any advice on this list would be really helpful seeing as I'm basing this all on theory at the moment. I would also like to hear opinions on disintirators vs.dark lances as well.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar   2000 point Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 12:50

Hey welcome to Dalk Eldar!
First things first don't get disheartened if you get tabled in big games, other armies can dish out a lot more fire in 1500 + points and Dark Eldar are fragile, heavily relying on Night fighting first turn and cover! (Not that your list is weak its just the way of the game!)

The list in general looks pretty solid but might need a little streamlining! You will want Nightshields on your Ravagers, FACT. In big games there is a lot of long range heavy weaponry which will always hit and 5/10 times blow you up. But as our vehicles are made out of Crate Paper and PVA anti infantry weapons (often at 36" range) can still overwhelm our fragile flickerfields and Nightshields allow you to out range stuff! I would reccomend, particularly on your gunboat raiders Nightshields as well, just to give it a little more protection from small arms. In total you may need to drop 80 points to cover all your vehicles- which happens to be the Succubus. I think with the Archon and Incubi as well as 19 wyches you should be fine in CC. Be careful with the Incubi and Archon- they are sometimes over-killy, and you don't want them out in the open to much, try splitting them apart once they have left the venom and put them into different combats, the Archon is good enough to take out a whole squad by himself and 4 Incubi should be able to do the same.

Dissies Vs Dark Lances, which is best? Depends on 3 things: 1) The army your playing; if its a Grey Knight, Space marine, ravenwing, black templar style list then you want some Disintergrators- they are brilliant at taking out elites and carving holes in expensive units- 2) Who you ask and 3) Game type.No matter what though you will still want some Dark Lances to deal with armour. I would actually recommend in general: 2 Ravagers with Dark Lances, 1 with Dissies, All the wych raiders to have Dissies (The haywires are very good anti tank) and the Gunboats to have Dark Lances so they have an anti tank option. Again, ask others, I think there is a whole thread on it somewhere on this forum, some people have very different views and opinions.

And finally, Good Luck

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
penguinninja
Slave
penguinninja

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar   2000 point Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 22:38

That is a lot of troops in the list. One thing I've learnt is that Wych's do not do well in small squads. This is because they have to get close to the enemy which means they become in range of a lot more weapons the closer they get. Small group of wych's in combat with anything will not be as deadly as a squad of ten wych's in the same combat.

I've also found shardnet and impalers lacking in their potential. I would take either razorflails or hydra gauntlets, both of which will grant extra hits/wounds perhaps. Potentially wych's will always go first in combat with a generically higher initiative. With a squad of ten, there usually isn't enough enemies left to do a lot of damage, even then with a four plus invun, more attacks = more death rather then limit the number attacks your enemy will have.

Haywire grenades.
I'm not sure how throwing grenades work in the new rules, but, unless you plan on assaulting a vehicle with the wych's, personally, I wouldn't take them. They become a waste of points that could be used on weapon upgrades of some sort, such as nightshields on your raiders.

Archon - Haywire grenades... necessary? Combat drugs I would say yes, shadowfield yes. PGL? I never use these to be honest. Soul trap yes.

I like the reavers and heat lances = melta. Melta is always good.

Disintegrator's vs Dark Lances? There will always be the issues of it depends upon the army you're playing. Disintegrator's on a ravager means nine shots which can be devastating. Dark Lance's on the other hand pump out three Anti-vehicle shots. If you plan on having three ravagers my advice would be to have one that is full of dark lances and the other two full of disintegrator cannons, depending upon the army.

I hope this is helpful Smile

Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar   2000 point Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 16:42

In 6th haywire grenades work in the same way as a shooting attack at BS 4 for wyches, 8" range. The groups of 5 wyches won't do well in combat but as a tankhunter if you deepstrike in? Could be brutal

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar   2000 point Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 17:48

If you plan on taking a Succubus use either a Venom Blade or an Agonizer. The other options are so lackluster as to be completely ignored by the forum at large. I would switch the warriors into the Venoms and the Wyches into the Raiders and make each squad have 7 gals with no Special Weapons. You can get a unit for 160-184 depending on what you do for upgrades. I love the PGL but Night Shields are also very useful, especially if you want to engage at range the first few turns. I would also only take Dark Lances on Ravagers--this list is a bit short of what you can field.

Personally, I do not like Splinter Cannons but that's just me being stingy.

You can also do as Grub suggested--drop the Succubus and the Archon's Haywire Grenades. You can add Night Shields to almost all of your vehicles that way. That route certainly has merit because you can deny 1+ turns of shooting to certain armies (non flyer-spam Necrons, Grey Knights, Tyranids, etc) and mitigate the effectiveness of Rapid Fire and Melta weapons. I find that reducing Melta range is useful--it reduces an auto-penetrate to penetrate on a 3+ unless you are within 3" or so. A minor advantage but anything that forces more consecutive rolls is good in my book.

Mind you, these proposed changes will change the way your army is played significantly. For anti-tank, you would basically sit back and shoot your Dark Lances like there was no tomorrow. Your Wyches go from being tank hunters to descent melee units. You also gain two Blasters that may or may not help.

Hope that helps.

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Dark Eldar   2000 point Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: