THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New 40k FAQs are up

Go down 
+6
Devilish
CaptainBalroga
KnightSeerValkia
Siticus the Ancient
Count Adhemar
Sky Serpent
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

New 40k FAQs are up Empty
PostSubject: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 11:56

Although Dark Eldar are listed in their title as being updated as Jan 13, I fail to see anything new, correct me if I am wrong.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 12:14

Nope, don't see anything new in our FAQ. Can't believe the number of changes on the DA codex when it was only released 5 days ago. EMPLOY AN EDITOR!!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 12:18

This is the biggest change that I've noticed in the main rulebook FAQ:

Quote :
Q: When making a Shooting attack against a unit, can Wounds from the Wound Pool be allocated to models that were not within range any of the shooting models when To Hit rolls were made (i.e. half the targeted model are in the shooting models’ range, and half are not)? (p15)
A: No.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 16:45

Interesting new addition.
Quote :
Page 80 – Transports, Transports and Assaults.
Change the first sentence to read “If a Transport vehicle is
assaulted, an embarked unit can fire Overwatch at the attackers
out of its Fire Points – note that a unit may still only fire
Overwatch once in a turn, even if it is embarked on a
Transport.”

I suppose it makes our gunboats slightly better than they were. Wracks and Hamies will get a kick out of this with their Liquifiers... and so will the five-man, four flamer IG platoon command squad chimeras.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 16:58

We always could fire overwatch from our transports. All they've done is changed the 1st sentence from "If a Transport vehicle is assaulted, an embarked unit can fire Overwatch at the attackers out of its Fire Points" to what is written above.

KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 18:34

Quote :
Page 99 – Noise Marines, Options.
Change the third bullet point to “One Noise Marine may replace his boltgun with a blastmaster at 30 pts/model. If the squad numbers ten or more models, an additional Noise Marine may replace his boltgun with a blastmaster at 30 pts/model..”

So thats 2 Blastmasters for 10 men and can get in a Rhino....oh dear god that will be painful.

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

New 40k FAQs are up Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 04:56

I found out about the FAQ tonight, midgame, when I was informed I could not get cover saves from Vector Strikes. Quite a surprise.

My opponent did not point out the shooting "answer", not from any malicious intent, just from oversight...who was asking this question, and frequently? This "answer" looks quite wonky. For example, as I read it, a squad of 10...shardcarbines shooting at a squad with one member at exactly 18" away can only kill the member. Add in one splinter cannon, and suddenly you can kill out to 36" even with the shardcarbine shots. Good luck resolving this issue and more!

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 09:44

CaptainBalroga wrote:
For example, as I read it, a squad of 10...shardcarbines shooting at a squad with one member at exactly 18" away can only kill the member. Add in one splinter cannon, and suddenly you can kill out to 36" even with the shardcarbine shots. Good luck resolving this issue and more!

Yeah, it's another shoddily worded FAQ answer that causes as many problems as it solves.

Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 09:57

So the most effective way is to have them in a transport as you don't need to worry about the depth of your own unit.
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 10:05

I'd point out to everyone that if you look at the 4th page of the rulebook FAQ, right hand column near the bottom, its noted that Force Weapon activation goes before Feel no Pain saves - bad news for us.
Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 17:36

wanderingblade wrote:
I'd point out to everyone that if you look at the 4th page of the rulebook FAQ, right hand column near the bottom, its noted that Force Weapon activation goes before Feel no Pain saves - bad news for us.

Only bad for like a grot unit tho right? A unit of dudes with lots of wounds that relies on fnp. All our hqs rely on that 2++ anyway. Kinda sucks that fnp got weaker but I feel like its affect against de isnt as bad.

were long be-nightmared."
-Keats
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 07:33

For what its worth, the only change in this Dark Eldar FAQ from the previous one is actually a question being removed!

The Voidraven's void mine now counts as having used a weapon, like a normal bomb.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion
Hess

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 07:49

Could it be a hint to it is actually coming for real this time? Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 40k FAQs are up   New 40k FAQs are up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 40k FAQs are up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-