THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.

Go down 
+3
Ciirian
Xelkireth
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Empty
PostSubject: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 23:34

As I mentioned in the army list area, I am starting my coven army from the ground up, in a hope to have an army assembeled in time to begin a campaing. Between me I have a battleforce, box of wyches, squad of reavers and a talos. I wanted to start with a leader, which I found some choice bits to build my alter-ego, Greiil the Haemy. I must admit, I was inspired by watching hellraiser while clipping bits out, and thought 'You know, what if this Haemonculus had a hellraiser cenobyte feel to him? I would be scared too if I saw him in person...' and it went from there.

Here are pics of my Haemy that I finished last night, hope you like them. Up next, I have another squad of wyches to assemble, along with the raider for the warrior wracks, and the harlequins that a buddy of mine gave me. Hope to keep this going, and get the opinions of you guys here online.

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_18

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_15

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_16

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_17

He isn't the same awesomeness that I have seen some of you guys do, but was trying to use bits from my bit box and make something unique. Not a fan of the GW haemy, so that went into this as well.

As a side note, just modified a shredder to be a liquifier, the one from my Talos kit was too big compared to the model, so this seemed the best way to go for that.

Last edited by Fleshmoulder_Greiil on Mon Jun 13 2011, 02:02; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 01:23

Nice. I love the sculpting. It makes me jealous.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 01:33

Heh thanks, it was just me using a pick set to first smooth out my fingerprints, and try to simulate folds in the fleshy skirt. I didn't really have a way to simulate floating on the extended bone spine, so I decided to sculpt them down to the base, to add a bit of mystery to him.

Really, if you just take the triangle-point of a sculpting tool, and drag it from wide edge to narrow, it helps simulate lines. I do use metal tools, but coat the tips with vasoline or petroleum jelly so that it meshes well with the greenstuff and doesnt tear it away from the model.

I can give you a break down of the parts used if you guys wish.

To be honest, I would trade most if not all of my sculpting and kitbashing skills for some painting skills. Ive never painted anything outside of space marines, so this will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 01:49

I love the look of this guy. Gonna flip the images later for a better look Wink I really love the robes, I wish there was more options to give guys robes. Its really cool looking and looks like flesh.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 01:53

Heh will have to do that real quick, was just using the build-in image hosting of the site. Thanks for your critique, means alot when you just made a haemi that I want to steal, because the one you made was amazing.

EDIT: fixed the issue of the model being sideways.

Last edited by Fleshmoulder_Greiil on Mon Jun 13 2011, 02:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 01:59

Wait is that two different ones? The Soultrap hand seems to be switiching, or am I really out of it?
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 02:03

No, I pressed the wrong button in paint to flip the image, and it flipped horrizontal too. Would be hard, because I cant take images with my left hand. Heck my left hand is rather useless outside of holding models while using my right hand.

The 'soultrap' I am using to show him holding the Webway portal, in a puzzlebox kind of theme like from the hellraiser movies. He solves the puzzlebox, and it opens a portal to another dimension heh.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 02:13

Speaking of webway portals, decided to make my own marker. Idea just came to me, looking at the vortex bit for the cronos and the large flying base (used the 60mm base for my talos rather than the flying base so I can get some better looking basing on him.

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo10
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 02:25

I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 04:20

Giving your Haemon another look, its just really awesome. How'd you start the robes off?
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 04:32

Thanks for the complement, I really like him, and really liked how you did your Cirian. May steal your idea for a second haemonculus later down the road.

Well, I started with a Wych torso and the bald head off the raider sprue. This guy will be the only one to have this head in my army, leading to his uniqueness. I used a larger flying peg, snipped it a little below the ball joint, and joined it to the waist and to the base.

I had to use 2 batches of greenstuff. The first I build up to give a flow to the model, bulking out the flying peg and building it into the base of the torso. I allowed this to set while mixing the next batch, making 'sheets' and wrapping them around until I got the thickness, taking my thumb and smoothing it down to the base.

Afterwards, took the small end of my sculpting tool (looks like a triangle-point hooked forward, will take a photo of the bit later) coated it in a bit of vasoline, and began working it across, dragging out and down along the robes, to create the folds. It is hard to see, but where the left knee would be, slightly had that moving forward while the right faded back slightly, to symbolize his knee being raised on his left leg, and began dragging back.

I then took the sharp point, and begain to make tears, folding excess bits of greenstuff around the sides and to the back, giving it that ragged look, and gently 'layering' small ammounts over eachother, to look like pieces of flesh that have been melded together, leaving 'tears' like you see when you skin a hide from an animal (known as field skinning, thank you discovery channel).

I worked it until I got it where I wanted, made sure I had enough room for the arms, and allowed it to harden over a couple of hours. Then attached the arms, used the remaineder of greenstuff to make the 'spinal sump' and attached excess vials from the talos kit, along with the chains you see hanging down his back, and was finally satisfied.

I may make another one, and do a tutorial on how I did it if you guys would like, with pictures if that would be better to learn by.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 05:11

Are you going to greenstuff a skinmask over his face?
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 13:18

I am not sure on that with this guy. Going by my inspiration, there are 4 masters of pain, this guy representing their leader. Lets meed your Cenobites aka Masters of Pain folks!

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. 797px-10

These will be the inspiraton for my 4 haemonculi, going one by one with extra bits, ect. Going from left to right, we have:

Butterball
Pinhead - Leader and model I designed mine after
Open-Throat - the only female cenobite in the entire series.
Chatterer - Pinheads 'right hand man', will be my second, and will have the flesh-mask to resemble his face.

Greiils face is a bit small to try and pull off little pins stuck in his head, but if I have the patience, I am going to try for the grid pattern such as Pinhead.

As an aside, finished my 6 reavers and Talos last night, pictures will be up this evening.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 13:20

I didn't care for Butterball as much as the others. He looked kinda like the make-up guys got lazy.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 13:24

Yeah, me either. But he will be more of 'if I get to him'. Not a necessity to me at this point, but the other three are, which played a bigger part in the series. When you delve deeper into it, the 3 subordinates are good representations to the 3 evils.

Chatterer - see no evil - has no eyes
Open-Throat - speak no evil - has no voice
Butterball - hear no evil - has no ears
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 13:32

I love the whole series. It ranks right up their with Wishmaster.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 13:36

You just made a new friend, was thinking I was the only one who loved hellraiser and wishmaster.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 13:40

Hell no! The Hellraiser series, The Wishmaster series, and the first Warlock, I own all on DVD. If you like Hellraiser and Wishmaster and haven't seen Clive Barker's The Nightbreed (also owned on DVD), you must! That's a Haemonculus wetdream.

**Edit**
Here's some Nightbreed goodness, for those not in the know.

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Nightbreed
Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Nightbreed_shunasassi
Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Nightbreeddecker
Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Nightbreed6

The last guy actually scalps himself during the movie.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 15:45

Huh, I will have to get my hands on this Nightbreed, think I have seen it once, the characters are familiar, will just havae to give it another go as they say. See it from start to finish.

Also working on ideas for my Wyches (hard to put together models at work sad to say, but cant buy more models without work. Vicious cycle) and hope to get a few posted up later today.

**EDIT**

there was another movie, the mentalists. A man trained by a man who forms his own cabal, and wants to sacrifice all his followers to gain untold power. His prime student performs a ritual, seals his masters face in a metal mask with nails, ect, and burries him in the desert. Then the new star trek guy is a cop, researching the murder, finds the pupil who masqerades as a musician, and assists him in killing the master who is unearthed, and finishes his plan to kill his followers and opens the pit into hell.

Gotta find that movie again, for more inspiration as well.

Also mods, forgive the 'spam', but this is giving me even more ideas to work with. Gotta make the creative juices flow!

**EDIT 2**

The movie I am talking about had Scott Bakula in it.

**EDIT 3**

Lord of Illusions! I must have a thing for Clive Barker movies too, Nix would make a great Haemy as well.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 02:50

Here is what I recently finished, as promised. 6 reavers w/ 2 heat lances. Made one as a champion should I ever run one in the unit, and my Talos. CnC welcome. Apologies for the lighting, it was already dark when I got home from work, did what I could with what I had.

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo11

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_19

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_20

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_21

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_22

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_23
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 04:12

Can't wait to get my Talos kit!

Digging the weighted flail on the Arena Champion, might nick that idea. Looks suitable in motion (can't imagine it would be too safe trailing a blade on a chain behind you though...then again it is DE we are talking about!)

Love the Hammie too by the way, looks suitably "modified" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 05:31

Heh, then you are going to love his girlfriend I just finished making. Lets just say, she is in a hurry to get places. 1 1/2 hour of sculpting and posing to get her to where she is, gotta let the green stuff cure, and I will post pics in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 05:43

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_25

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_26

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_27

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. Photo_28

still gotta modify the tip of the shredder to be a liquifier, but otherwise there she is. Made a few changes to pinhead, mostly added more chains to his back.

I wanted him to be that stoic 'Im taking my time with this' look, while she is 'gotta get some fresh test subjects' pose, and wanted to make them more individualistic.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 10:53

God I love the Talos model... I need to find a way to squeeze it in somewhere.
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 10:58

looking good.

and for those that haven't read it. clive barker's novel that Nightbreed was based on was called "Cabal" - fitting, eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.   Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forray into the Dark Kin - The Path of the Haemonculus.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next