THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Asdrubael Vect Questions

Go down 
+2
Evil Space Elves
Omnicide
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Omnicide
Hellion

Asdrubael Vect Questions Empty
PostSubject: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 05:29

Hey guys, I have not yet started an army, I am debating between Dark Eldar Raiders with Vect or Ravenwing and I had some questions about the Dais of Destruction

The dais of destruction was the first model that got my attention, it was also my favorite unit in the Warhammer 40k RTS Dawn of War Soulstorm and I want to see if it is possible to use it pretty much every game, I know it is ridiculously expensive.

In the rules it says there must be 9 models in the dais in addition to Vect I dont really understand the rules for dedicated transports and IC's joining units but would it be possible for example to have Vect, 4 Incubi, then 5 Warriors on the dais?

Information about Asdrubael and the Dais's rules and any advice for army lists would be greatly appreciated, again, I know it is absurdly expensive in terms of points, but it is that damn cool, and i must use it if im gonna play DE Smile

Here's my first draft of a list using him at the lowest point cost he can fit in

1018 pts

Asdrubael Vect
+ Dais of Destruction
4 Incubi
5 Warriors

Raider
Splinter Racks
10 warriors
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Splinter Racks
10 warriors
Splinter Cannon

Ravager
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 06:12

Only one unit and any IC's attached to it may ride in a vehicle. Vect has to start the game with 9 models in the Dais. IMHO, the Dais is suboptimal at best for the following reasons:
1. Does not have Aerial Assault
2. Does not have access to vehicle upgrades.
3. Vect+Dais=460pts affraid
I'll stop there Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 13:01

honestly taking vect and NOT taking the Dias is the best way to have him and you save a huge amount of points Smile
Back to top Go down
AvInNebr
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 14:38

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Only one unit and any IC's attached to it may ride in a vehicle. Vect has to start the game with 9 models in the Dais. IMHO, the Dais is suboptimal at best for the following reasons:
1. Does not have Aerial Assault
2. Does not have access to vehicle upgrades.
3. Vect+Dais=460pts affraid
I'll stop there Razz

That answers one question that I had as well as the book states that the Dias is "otherwise just like a raider" so I wasn't sure if that meant you could upgrade it like a raider or not...

If you could upgrade it like a raider (night shields/whatever...) I don't think it overpowers it given the points already sunk into it but I just wasn't sure given the way it read...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 14:43

For the points that thing costs it should have most of the upgrades already!

Omnicide
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 01:35

y u guys got to make me sad? I dont care if I can only beat 8 year old girls with the list, vect needs to happen!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 23:46

Take vect with 5 incubi in a venom they will mow through most units you put them into, I take vect regularly he is so much fun to play. But the Dias is a massive points sink i would rather take a tantalus for less points!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Questions   Asdrubael Vect Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asdrubael Vect Questions
Page 1 of 1