THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar as battle brothers opinion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sathonyx
Hellion

Eldar as battle brothers opinion Empty
PostSubject: Eldar as battle brothers opinion   Eldar as battle brothers opinion I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 23:40

I hadn't played 40K since 3rd edition until this cedition came out. Allied with regular Eldar was unheard of back then, being mortal enemies like high elves and dark elves in fantasy. So, what are some good Eldar units to consider in expanding my army that any DE unit doesn't already do?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as battle brothers opinion   Eldar as battle brothers opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 02:08

The obvious choices-
Guardian jetbikes: cheap, durable(3+sv), fast scoring units

Farseer: psychic defense, pretty much the mandatory HQ for an allied formation

War Walkers: when equipped with Scatter Lasers or SC's are a cheap outflanking unit that can dish out a TON of S6 shots (Eldar are much better at spamming S6 shots, a true strength of the CWE list)

If you use FW stuff the Warp Hunter(5" or template D=cannon awesomeness) and Nightwings(Vector dancer FTW) are pretty much to die for.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as battle brothers opinion   Eldar as battle brothers opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 03:35

I'd considered their bikes, but I already field 12 of our reavers. I'd considered a farseer, but with what unit? Hadn't considered a war walker at all, preferring a Talos/Cronos. Really don't want to start dumping the funds into Forgeworld stuff as none of my gaming group(15-20) uses it and they'd probably consider me "cheesy" if I did.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as battle brothers opinion   Eldar as battle brothers opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 04:14

Using 12 Reavers actually would make Guardian jetbikes even more effective. All of the extra attention that 12 Reavers would draw would add to the survivability of the GJB's(scoring units). The Farseer on a jetbike(the so-called Jetseer) is an excellent addition. Also, the Talos/Cronos and War Walkers fulfill totally different roles. You want to smash face with the Talos/Cronos while squadrons of up to three War Walkers with the armament listed above pour out a high number of shots at S6 that will usually target side/rear armor due to outflanking. (Remember, they also don't compete for Heavy slots as your allies use a separate chart entirely)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as battle brothers opinion   Eldar as battle brothers opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 07:54

Moving this to the allies discussion section (Slaves & Mercenaries). - Mush

The farseer can get a jetbike so he could always run with the reavers.

As ESE mentioned war-walkers are a fantastic option.

Rangers are not a bad option, they give you something to sit on your objetive, they are AP1 when they roll 6s to hit combine this with 6s to hit being precision shot and you have some very effective special/heavy weapon snipers (this has made them a valuable asset in 6th despite being expensive).

A personal favourite of mine is the nightspinner S6 rending large blast twinlinked barrage weapon (so an amazing sniper, as barrage weapons remove models from the centre of the blast) that has an awesome special rule that makes any unit hit by it count the next time it moves as both difficult and dangerous terrain. A great weapon for pinning your enemy in place before swooping in for the kill (rules).

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as battle brothers opinion   Eldar as battle brothers opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 15:53

GJB, farseers or Autarchs on bikes (yeah... there is your reaver lord Mush) Seer Council, war walkers, fire prisms (although best in pairs), Warp Hunters, Nightwings, Hornets

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as battle brothers opinion   Eldar as battle brothers opinion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar as battle brothers opinion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Other Mercenaries & Allies
-
Jump to: