THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

400 pt list - Combat Patrol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorfin
Slave

400 pt list - Combat Patrol Empty
PostSubject: 400 pt list - Combat Patrol   400 pt list - Combat Patrol I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 00:05

Hello, fellow Archons and Succubi.
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I would like to start by saying how much I enjoy this forum. I have learned a lot by reading the tactics and battle reports. But on to the point of this post:
I have a combat patrol tournament coming up, and I am trying to decide on a list. A brief background on my local meta, I expect maybe half marines with a few necron, IG, eldar, chaos, and GK. I was considering 4 different lists currently but am open to suggestions.

List 1:
Trueborn: 3 with 2 splinter cannons on Venom with additional splinter cannon and night shields
Reavers: 3 with 1 cluster caltrops
Ravager
Warriors: 8
That leaves 6 points I can add to trueborn or drop the caltrops have 26 points to use elsewhere

List 2:
Trueborn: 3 with 2 splinter cannons on Venom with additional splinter cannon and night shields
Warriors: 5 with blaster on Venom with additional splinter cannon
and 19 extra points

List 3:
Warriors: 5 with blaster on raider
Reavers: 3
Mandrakes: 5
and 14 extra points

List 4:
Haemonculus: Liquifier
Mandrakes: 5
Warriors: 8
Reavers: 3 with 1 cluster caltrops
Ravager
and 2 points

Now, I know a lot of people do not like mandrakes, but it seems like a lot of combat patrols start with only 1 troop, your leader, and any infiltrators. The haemie could join on turn 1 if they are close to my deployment zone, they could start on my opponents side on T1 or reserve to outflank.
Also, the FOC is 0-1 HQ, Elite, FA and Heavy Support, and 1-3 troops. No model with over 2 wounds unless troop or swarm.
Thanks in advance
-Thorfin
Back to top Go down
Anx'cess
Slave
Anx'cess

PostSubject: Re: 400 pt list - Combat Patrol   400 pt list - Combat Patrol I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 15:32

List 4 could be really good as pairing the haemy with the warriors gives them a pain token. If the reavers flat out to any target carrying heavy weaponry, the ravager gets some more free play, and the mandrake can then (maybe) hold up a target until the rest of your army can focus on it. A unique list where you use mandrakes, an unpopular and not terribly useful unit, but one that could leave the opposer off balance.

My avatar is made by Ickessler, found on deviantart.

Last edited by Anx'cess on Fri Feb 01 2013, 16:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 400 pt list - Combat Patrol   400 pt list - Combat Patrol I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 16:47

List one is decent, but I dont like the foot warriors

List two is light on AT

List 3 is interesting, just kinda meh to me though (mandrakes are a terrible unit)

List 4 is nice, but again foot units arent that good unless you take alot of them.

What about this:

5 Warriors in venom w/ dual cannon
5 Warriors in venom
3 Reavers w/ Blaster
Ravager

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thorfin
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 400 pt list - Combat Patrol   400 pt list - Combat Patrol I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 19:56

I was thinking List 1 or 4 would be best. While I agree that foot slogging warriors is not a very wise choice under normal circumstances, at such low points I think they can be servicable. I can hide an objective and force my opponent to try and come to me while warriors sit on it in cover and reserve the bikes for late game contesting. And mandrakes, while being sub-optimal, seem to work for me. Maybe I just have good luck with them, but they have always earned their points despite never once getting a pain token.
The reavers and ravager are definitely in the list (though I was really tempted to use a razorwing). But I am torn on the rest. The two 5 man squads in venoms are reliable, but the trueborn with 2 SC's is a lot of splinterfire from 36".
In list 1 I could drop the NS, cluster caltrops, and 3 warriors to get a venom for the warrior squad.
List 3 is my best painted list, but, unless a couple key people don't show up, I won't win that prize.
Anx, you hit my thoughts dead on for strategy for list 4. Mandrakes are primarily a distraction while reavers and ravager are work horses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 400 pt list - Combat Patrol   400 pt list - Combat Patrol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

400 pt list - Combat Patrol
Page 1 of 1