THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zechs merquise
Slave

1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list Empty
PostSubject: 1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list   1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 22:33

After a bit of a hiatus from 40k, I have decided to make a comeback and collect a small force of dark eldar.

Having painted a few warriors and converted up an Archon, I thought it would be a good idea to come up with a small (750 point) list to give me something to work towards.

After having read a few articles on this site...this is what I have come up with.

Any thoughts / advice / help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Archon
Huskblade, Soul Trap, Shadow Field.

10 x Warriors
Splinter Cannon, Raider, Splinter Racks

10 x Warriors
Splinter Cannon, Raider, Splinter Racks

6 x Wyches.
Raider, Night Shields

Razorwing Jetfighter

Total: 750
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list   1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 16:13

what are you looking for in an army??? this list seems very sparatic and can have alot done to it to make it more competitive.

First off whats the purpose of the Archon??? You can easily get a Succubus for cheaper, and she will be just as efficient. Or if your set on an Archon, a huskblade is very expensive option for such a low points costs game. Maybe try Archon, Agoniser, Shadowfield instead and save you 25 pts (10 from the soul trap, 15 from the huskblade)???

The Warrior squads are nice, but I find that you gain more from them by dropping the splinter racks and adding in a blaster instead. The duality given to the unit is nice, but the real reason is that giving you one S8 AP2 hit and being able to play some shenannigans with wound allocation and put that Instant Death wound on an important target helps immensely.

Whats the purpose of the 6 wyches other than to roll with the Archon??? 6 wyches arent going to do alot, but Ill get back to these once we free up some points

Heavy support. Now here is where you have a ton of points held up. A razorwing is nice, dont get me wrong, but you already have a ton of AI brought to you by your two raider squads, so whats the purpose??? Also considering that the plane must start in reserve, you wont have its firepower until atleast T2, maybe even later. Your best bet is a Ravager. its cheaper, higher AV, better overall in effectiveness, and its starts on the board.

Now with all those freed up points, we can up the wyches to actually make them useable. Give them a hekatrix w/ PGL (for stealth against shooting and overwatch) and a venom blade. We now got this as the list.

110- Archon w/ Agoniser, Shadowfield
175- 10 Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider
175- 10 Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider
175- 9 Wyches, Hekatrix w/ Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Venom Blade; Raider
115- Ravager

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down

1st attempt at Dark Eldar - 750 point list
Page 1 of 1