THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What's the big deal with PGL?

Go down 
+12
Shadows Revenge
Mushkilla
Orthien
Barking Agatha
Brom
Crazy_Ivan
sgb69
Erebus
BMD
DominicJ
Skulnbonz
GorlanVance
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LordAcheron
Slave
LordAcheron

What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the big deal with PGL?   What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 20:59

Mushkilla wrote:

So why take the PGL? Because with some clever planning you will always have a 4+ cover save against overwatch....charge through one of your own screening units 4+ cover save

I have a question regarding this.

pg 21 Main RuleBook states..."Charging models still cannot move through friendly or enemy models, cannot pass through gaps narrower than their base, and cannot move into base contact with enemy models from a unit they are not charging."

So taking your statement into consideration (which I'm really hoping works!) does the above stated text from the RuleBook mean that you cannot place another unit, i.e. Reavers, in front of your Wyches if you're planning on charging an enemy unit? Do you use Reavers specifically to shield during the Shooting phase and then use their 2D6" Eldar (Dark Eldar) jetbike move to get out of the way for your assault? I'm really curious about this and if I happened to misread something and post this in error (which I'm positive I may have) feel free to laugh at my expense! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What's the big deal with PGL?   What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 21:51

You can put them in between. You can go AROUND a unit cant you?
Increases charge distance, you cant run around difficult terrain but you can run around impassable terrain

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: What's the big deal with PGL?   What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 22:16

LordAcheron wrote:

I have a question regarding this.

pg 21 Main RuleBook states..."Charging models still cannot move through friendly or enemy models, cannot pass through gaps narrower than their base, and cannot move into base contact with enemy models from a unit they are not charging."

It says you can't go through models, doesn't say anything about going through units (i.e going through the gaps between models in a unit. So no need to go round as long as you can fit your base between the gaps).

Hope that clears it up. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Fri Apr 05 2013, 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LordAcheron
Slave
LordAcheron

PostSubject: Re: What's the big deal with PGL?   What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 22:28

Ok so you're saying that as long as you space your models widely enough to allow a Wych base to pass between them you're good to go?? Definitely have to keep that in mind! Thx
Back to top Go down
Skuzznob
Slave
Skuzznob

PostSubject: Re: What's the big deal with PGL?   What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 23:39

I was going to say surely you have to remain 1 inch away from the models screening but it seems that it is only enemy models you have to remain 1 inch away from not friendlies. Going to have to give that a try then for some pure eldar sneakiness.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: What's the big deal with PGL?   What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 23:49

LordAcheron wrote:
Ok so you're saying that as long as you space your models widely enough to allow a Wych base to pass between them you're good to go?? Definitely have to keep that in mind! Thx

Yup.

Skuzznob wrote:
I was going to say surely you have to remain 1 inch away from the models screening but it seems that it is only enemy models you have to remain 1 inch away from not friendlies. Going to have to give that a try then for some pure eldar sneakiness.

In my experience more than any other codex dark eldar forces you to know the rules really well. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the big deal with PGL?   What's the big deal with PGL? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the big deal with PGL?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2