THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Eldar Allies List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

1850 Eldar Allies List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 20:02

HQ
1 Duke Sliscus 150
1 Farseer Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing/Warding, Eldar Jetbike, 4 rolls on
Divination/Telepathy. 215
2 Homonculus 1 venom blade 105

Elites
5 Fire Dragons Exarch, Crack Shot, Tank Hunter 112
3 Hekatrix Bloodbrides Razorflails, Haywire Grenades, Syren, Agonizer, Blaster Pistol, PGL 110

Troops
5 Rangers x5 Upgraded to Pathfinders 120
5 Wyches Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlets 70
5 Wyches Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlets 70
5 Wyches Hydra Gauntlets 60

Fast Attack
10 Reavers 3x Blasters, Arena Champion, Agonizer 295
6 Reavers 2x Heat Lances 156

Heavy Support
3 Support Weapon Battery 3x Shadow Weaver 90

Fortification
1 Aegis Defense Line Quad Gun 100

Dedicated Transports
3 Venom 3x Splinter Cannon 195
Roster Total: 1848

Ok, so here's how this works:

Farseer deployed in 10 man reaver squad - going for invisibility on psychic roll table. If he gets it, that unit becomes very fighty while retaining their mobility and shootiness. If not, they're still respectable in CC and very shooty, and the FS will have some good ranged psychic powers to compliment that.

Duke Sliscus and naked Homey deploying with nadeless wych squad, deployed near venom carrying homey(venomblade) and bloodbrides. Turn 1, Sliscus leaves wych unit and naked homey behind, jacking pain token in the process and embarks with bloodbrides. This brings the bloodbrides up to 2 pain tokens in their venom with Homey and Sliscus. Nadeless Wyches left with Naked Homey to babysit shadow weavers and guard own deployment zone objective. (Unless pain token is rolled on drug table. If so, Duke is Deployed with bloodbrides in venom as they will already have 3.)

Pathfinders Infiltrated/Scouted into position to hold down objective in no man's land, with reavers bringing up the rear for support.

Fire Dragon Exarch mounted on quad gun - This gives him 4 shots per round at 48 inches with S7, AP4, BS5. He rerolls to hit, to wound, and to penetrate armor. He also ignores cover saves.

2 Venoms and Wych units held in reserve to deep strike.

All DE units have combat drugs except homeys, and sliscus lets you roll twice on the drugs chart and pick which one you want. Selection order would be as follows from best to worst:

+1S
Pain token
Reroll to wound
+1 attack
+1 WS
Run BS

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion
SebastionSynn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 08:54

I think that Fire Dragon Exarch is going to be murder on anything that crosses his line of sight, and will garner much respect from his Dark Cousins. all in all, another interesting list that i'm going to have to try out, after all anything that isn't nailed down, poisoned and guarded in the dark city is up for grabs. Smile
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 14:27

Great list with some very strong ideas however I have a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, you're quite sparse on troops. Only 4 troop choices at 1,850 points is leaving your objective grabbing potential quite low. Especially as none of them are that durable at only 5 men strong.

Secondly, the extra Reaver in a squad of 10 is just superfluous. It's better to leave him out and take them in batches of 3 (because that's what unlocks a new HW). I'd also argue just a VB on the Champion will suffice but it's fine if you've got your heart set on the agoniser.

Lastly, I strongly recommend you roll on the Divination table with your Farseer. If you get invisible it's great but it's still only a cover save which is ignored quite often these days by weapons let alone templates. If you get forewarning a 4++ will make them incredibly durable especially after they get their first PT. If you fail to get this lots of other powers on the table will help them out. Blade vaning a unit that must re-roll cover saves is very nasty, as is cover ignoring splinterfire into a low armour unit. If all else fails swapping out for prescience is always nice. Shame you don't have any Ravagers to twin-link though...

Hope the list works well for you. Let us know how you get on. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 16:44

mug7703 wrote:
Great list with some very strong ideas however I have a couple of thoughts.
#1 Secondly, the extra Reaver in a squad of 10 is just superfluous. It's better to leave him out and take them in batches of 3 (because that's what unlocks a new HW). I'd also argue just a VB on the Champion will suffice but it's fine if you've got your heart set on the agoniser.

Lastly, I strongly recommend you roll on the Divination table with your Farseer. If you get invisible it's great but it's still only a cover save which is ignored quite often these days by weapons let alone templates.
Hope the list works well for you. Let us know how you get on. Smile

I agree with #1 above, and had actually thought of that as well before I came back and read your post. As far as invis, the cover save isn't all it's about. Sure, 2+ cover save in open ground is great. But the kicker of invis is that it makes them beasts in melee. That's why I gave the AC an agonizer. If they get invis, they are going to be wanting to get into melee with other units, especially if said unit has an ability to ignore cover saves.

Aside from the cover save, invis does this:
All other units engaged in melee with them have their WS reduced to 1. This means ALL units engaging them in melee need a 5+ to hit, while they hit ALL units on a 3+. This is a big advantage to start from in melee. This will be best utilized by the AP3, 4+ guaranteed wound of the agonizer, imo.

Venom blades are fantastic for their points cost, no doubt. But even if I take out 1 reaver and replace the agonizer with a venom blade, that only gives me 27 points to spend. Not enough to get anything else for my army, units-wise.

As far as divination/telepathy go, the rules for generating psychic powers allow you to roll on both, and you can choose which one you're rolling on at the time of the roll. Since rolls are done individually, the plan is to roll on telepathy until I get invis, then use subsequent rolls on divination.

SebastionSynn wrote:
I think that Fire Dragon Exarch is going to be murder on anything that crosses his line of sight, and will garner much respect from his Dark Cousins. all in all, another interesting list that i'm going to have to try out, after all anything that isn't nailed down, poisoned and guarded in the dark city is up for grabs. Smile

Let me know how this works if you have a chance to try it. I haven't done so yet.
Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion
SebastionSynn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 20:49

Quote :
SebastionSynn wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know how this works if you have a chance to try it. I haven't done so yet.

well in order for me to try this list i would have have to substitute heavily from my Eldar, as i only have 3 raiders, 10 Kabs, a venom, and a razorwing, but it can be done, banshees for bloods, harlies for wyches, etc, etc. i'll give it a shot this weekend, and let you know how things went.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 03:53

That's a lot of substitutions, but if your opponent goes for it, I wish you luck, and look forward to hearing how you fare.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 18:14

interesting concept. First off let me just ask a few things.

1st. What does duke bring to this list??? I dont see him helping anywhere tbh. Why did you take him over a cheaper archon or even a haemie???

2nd. Why pathfinders??? Guardian Jetbikes are cheaper and give your list some mobility. Although I will admit pathfinders are way more survivable, they really dont do anything in the long run

3rd. Why a unit of 10 reavers??? 9 is what you need for the extra special weapon. What does the 10th one bring???

Finally just some changes. I feel the bloodbrides bring nothing as well, you might want to swtich them to trueborn for some more shooting. Also while the shadow weavers are interesting, I feel war walkers are a way better choice in this army, and giving them surri cannons keep them cheap enough to still fit. You outflank them and watch the enemy get stuck between turning around and killing them, or walking forward into your guns.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 18:52

1. The duke is decently fighty and brings better drugs for all my wyche squads. With his shadowfield and the 2 pain tokens on the bride squad, he adds a good bit of surviveability to that unit. Archon with shadow field, ghostplate armor, and agonizer(roughly equivalent fightyness) would cost 30 points less, but I'd have a much higher chance of getting bad combat drugs roll on my wyches and reavers.(Remember drugs on reavers yay!)

2. I actually like sniper rifles. 5 36" shots that always wound on a 4+, have AP1 on attack rolls of 6, and AP 2 on to wound rolls of 6. That means overwatch shots that are automatically AP1. All to hit shots of 6 get to be allocated by me. Good for picking off special weapons. The idea is to infiltrate the snipers into the upper levels of a ruin if present(2+ cover save), preferably within range of an objective so they can camp it and control it. Basically trying to put a unit in the middle of the map to provide cover fire for my advancing units.

3. I absolutely agree. I just need to decide what to do with those points. I could pop a couple PGLs on wych squads, or give one a hekatrix with a power weapon.

What do you think?

As for your other suggestions, I'll look into the war walker idea. I don't have any of those, so I'd have to go get the models, but the outflank idea sounds interesting. Have to familiarize myself with their rules.

You might be right on the bloodbrides. I'll put a decent SM assault team together and math hammer it out. They aren't really meant to be facing termies, but if they do, they'll tie them up for a good deal of time, I think. And sliscus will likely kill a couple with his 33% chance to ignore armor saves. But again, I'll do the math and dig deeper.

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 07:25

Just bear in mind that the Aegis Defence Line only grants a 4+ cover save (not a 3+ cover save like you suggested in chat the other day). So don't be too surprised if those fire dragons bite the dust.

Other then that as shadow mentioned I would drop the support batteries for warwalkers, and drop the 10th reaver. As for the blood brides play a game and see how it goes. Finally the Duke has one less WS, BS, A, W and LD, making him a lot less effective in combat than a regular archon. WS7 is a big deal as most characters are WS6 so your are hitting on a 3+ (with WS7) rather than a 4+ (with WS6).

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 14:05

Mushkilla wrote:
Just bear in mind that the Aegis Defence Line only grants a 4+ cover save (not a 3+ cover save like you suggested in chat the other day).

It actually should be 3+. I'm not going to pollute my list thread with a rules debate, but here's the link to the thread with my reply:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6205-aegis-defense-lines-and-the-3-cover-save#67228
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar Allies List   1850 Eldar Allies List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Eldar Allies List
Page 1 of 1