THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice

Go down 
+2
BetrayTheWorld
Balisong
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisong
Sybarite

Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 05:21

So I'm tied for first place in my Club, and that puts me in a sudden Death Showdown vs a Mono Tzeentch list Player.

Put together a potential list that's a Baron Beast Star with Malys to add anti psycher dickery.

Battle is at 1k points and my opponent runs a Lord of Change, Full blob of Pink Horrors, some Burners and Screamers. Club allows up to +10 points over total list limit. I usually run at or under, but my opponent "Pushes the envelope" so I know he will. (His other Army is a dual Dreadknight Grey Knights List).

Any feedback/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

+++ Sanguine Feast 1000 Anti daemons (1006pts) +++
+++ 1000pt Dark Eldar 6th Ed Roster (Primary Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Dark Eldar 6th Ed (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (235pts)

* Baron Sathonyx (105pts)

* Lady Malys (130pts)

+ Elites + (134pts)

* Kabalite Trueborn (134pts)
Kabalite Armour, Splinter Rifle
* 3x Kabalite Trueborn
3x Plasma Grenades, 2x Splinter Cannon, Splinter Rifle
* Venom (75pts)
Flickerfield, Night Shields, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

+ Troops + (306pts)

* Kabalite Warriors (161pts)
Kabalite Armour
* 9x Kabalite Warrior
9x Splinter Rifle
* Raider (80pts)
Disintegrator Cannon, Night Shields, Splinter Racks

* Wyches (145pts)
* Hekatrix
Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade
* Raider (70pts)
Disintegrator Cannon, Night Shields

+ Fast Attack + (166pts)

* Beastmasters (166pts)
* Beastmaster
* Khymerae
5x Khamerae
* Beastmaster
* Clawed Fiend
Clawed Fiend
* Beastmaster
* Razorwing Flocks
2x Razorwing Flocks

+ Heavy Support + (165pts)

* Razorwing Jetfighter (165pts)
Disintegrator Cannon x2, Flickerfield, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Night Shields, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle

Please do not post excessive points costs. Only the points of the total unit is required, not every individual add-on. Cheers - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 07:17

I know the baron is good with your beasties, but in this case, since either of the armies he would field will include some high points cost psychers, I think you'd be better off dropping the baron, and throwing a haemonculus in with lady malys.

I know a lot of people don't dig the crucible of malediction, but it really is a pretty good weapon for this type of situation. It's going to average a 10 inch bubble in which all psychers will have to take a leadership test or be removed from play with no saves of any kind allowed. This is 20 points on an item that has a 25% chance of taking out that lord of change on 1 ranged roll. Since the cost of that unit alone is over 11 times the cost of that wargear, the 3 to 1 odds are incredibly profitable for you. And with a little positioning, you may be able to get other psychers in your bubble as well.

Aside from that, if you swapped the baron out for the Haemonculus as an even swap, I'd build him like this:

Haemonculus - 50 pts
Crucible - 20 pts
Dark Gate - 25 pts
Venom Blade - 5 pts
Stinger Pistol - 5 pts
TOTAL: 105

Those numbers are for a direct swap of baron for Haemi. The venom and stinger aren't crucial, but are nice cheap upgrades that give the Haemi continued use after firing off his one-shot weapons. The gate and crucible can both get you some awesome profit if used well.

Further, with Malys protection from psychic powers, and the FnP that the Haemi is going to provide the occupants of that gunboat, I think they will all be more surviveable as well.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 21:08

First, if your opponent be not unwise, he will switch to his Grey Knights and punish you for your preconceptions. But, if that army has few transports, it won't be terribly different.

I would recommend taking as many splinter cannons as possible and ignoring both of the DE royalty. You can easily out-shoot him by taking MSU Warriors with Venoms and staying outside of his Horrors range, focusing on whatever is boost or Deep Strking in. The MSU means any super-powerful offense he can conjure won't really kill that much. Dismount your foot troops in good positions as focus your fire.

If the Lord of Change is packing a Hellforged Artifact you can feel fine sniping him, otherwise take out the ground enemies rather than waste shots Skyfiring. The big chicken can either take out a few dudes or maybe a Venom, or else land, assault, win combat, and get blown up next turn. Screamers aren't scary unless they are super Grimoired, and you can spread out from Flamers.

Basically don't play his game and try to make a double-buffed threat that he can scheme to assemble some combination of daemon magic to fight- just put more cheap poison on the table and fire for effect. The only big expense I would recommend would be a Farseer for Runes of Warding and Prescience (maybe Doom). Bonus to DtW, too.

Also, I do like the Night Shields.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 04:06

A question I have though is "Will the Nightshields work" as in looking thrugh their new codex, the majority of the shooting attacks I'll be facing are actually psychic powers rather than weapons.

Here's an updated MSU list I was toying with that adds the Duke to improve Splinter Poison on a Unit and add Deep Strike capabilities:

Sanguine Feast 1000 Anti daemons 2 (1006pts)

HQ (150pts)
Duke Sliscus the Serpent (150pts)
Contraband, Fleet, Independent Character, Low Orbit Raid, Night Vision, Power from Pain, The Serpent's Venom
Blast Pistol, Combat Drugs (Combat Drugs), Ghostplate Armour, Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field, The Serpent's Bite

Elites (316pts)

Kabalite Trueborn (134pts)
3x Kabalite Trueborn
Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain
3x Plasma Grenades, 2x Splinter Cannon, Splinter Rifle
Venom
Night Vision
Flickerfield, Night Shields, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn (136pts)
3x Kabalite Trueborn
2x Splinter Cannon
Raider
Night Vision
Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield, Night Shields

Kabalite Trueborn (46pts)
3x Kabalite Trueborn
Splinter Cannon, 2x Splinter Rifle

Troops (240pts)

Kabalite Warriors (115pts)
Kabalite Armour
5x Kabalite Warrior
5x Splinter Rifle
Raider
Night Vision

Kabalite Warriors (125pts)
5x Kabalite Warrior
Splinter Cannon, 4x Splinter Rifle
Raider
Night Vision

Heavy Support (300pts)
Ravager (125pts)
Aerial Assault, Night Vision
Disintegrator Cannon, Disintegrator Cannon, Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield, Night Shields

Razorwing Jetfighter (175pts)
Deep Strike, Night Vision, Supersonic
Disintegrator Cannon x2, Flickerfield, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Night Shields, Splinter Cannon
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 07:19

This is the finalized list I'm going to run:

I spent a lot of time pouring over the daemon codex, and vs Tzeentch I've come to the conclusion that Night Shields are wasted points. A majority of their shooting is from Psychic Powers, which Night Shields as RAW do not reduce the range on. These powers seem to range between 18-24" so with a Range of 36 inches on the majority of my weapons (I believe 84 shots per round at that range) I should be good.

Instead I've gone with Flickerfields on all of the vehicles due to the Warp Storm table effects for the most part ignoring cover and eliminating any chance of Jinking.

I'm also able to afford one set of Retrofire Jets to get the Haemie in place for the Crucible.

Goal is to focus on Nasty Units, Stay at Range, Deep Strike the Haemie, pop the Crucible and hope he survives long enough to Dark Gate...

The only question I have is if the Orb of Despair might be a better option than the Crucible due to Brotherhood of Sorcerers...

+++ Sanguine Feast 1000 Anti daemons 3 (1008pts) +++

+ HQ + (135pts)
* Haemonculus (135pts)
* Haemonculus Ancient (135pts)
Crucible of Malediction, Dark Gate, Gnarlskin, Stinger Pistol, Venom Blade

+ Elites + (378pts)
* Kabalite Trueborn (126pts)
* 3x Kabalite Trueborn (56pts)
2x Splinter Cannon, Splinter Rifle
* Venom (70pts)
(Night Vision)
Flickerfield, Retrofire Jets, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

2x Splinter Cannon, Splinter Rifle
* Raider (70pts)
Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield

2x Splinter Cannon
* Raider (70pts)

+ Troops + (90pts)
* Kabalite Warriors (45pts)
Kabalite Armour
* 5x Kabalite Warrior

* Kabalite Warriors (45pts)
Kabalite Armour
* 5x Kabalite Warrior

+ Heavy Support + (405pts)
* Ravager (115pts)
Disintegrator Cannon, Disintegrator Cannon, Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield

* Ravager (115pts)
Disintegrator Cannon, Disintegrator Cannon, Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield

* Razorwing Jetfighter (175pts)
Disintegrator Cannon x2, Flickerfield, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Shatterfield Missile, Shatterfield Missile, Splinter Cannon
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 15:43

dont use the crucible... its a terrible item. I would take the dark gate instead any day

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 06:01

Hope he doesn't bring any soul grinders.....................

Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 00:03

Never seen him field one, even vs flyer heavy armies.

And that was when he was going against a dual Flyer Necron List last week (Which he won by tabling all non vehicles).
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 04:31

Just finished the game and the results are in:

A Tie!

He ran a Lord of Change and a Daemon Prince with 2 Full Units of Pink Horrors.

A rough frak Battle. In the end He received first Blood, Slay the Warlord and Linebreaker.

I controlled one objective.

On the Board I had one Ravager, the Razorwing (came in turn 4) and 3 Kabalites. He had 3 Pink Horrors and the Lord of Change.

Round one a few troops on each side died, a few hull points caused.

The Hamie Ancient came in Round 2 Deep Striking in a Ravager. Dropped the Orb of Despair causing 6 wounds. They made all saves...

Round 3 Hamie Tried the Dark Gate - 5 wounds caused... 1 died... ( Daemon Prince Fell to Massed Splinter fire)
A few Pink Horrors bit the Dust. 2 Raiders, the Venom and a Ravager bit the Dust. Along with one unit of Kabalites.

Round 4, , Razorwing came in and promptly wiped 1 Unit of 20 Pink Horrors with 2 Shatterfield Missiles and Disintegration.

Round 5: Haemie and his Unit Died, Razorwing Destroyed all but 3 of the other pink Horrors. Game Ended.

The Haemie survived longer than I thought he would at Ground zero. However 45 pts on his Wargear Did absolutely zilch for its point cost.

Flickerfilelds were WONDERFUL against Daemons... Helped out tons vs No Cover results on Warpstorm and Psycher shenanigans...

Next time... Running the Duke...
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 05:09

Sounds like a fun game, I liked how your razorwing came on and evaporated a full unit haha good stuff. Were you ever able to ground the LoC?
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 05:15

The Razorwing was Amazing against them...

I grounded both the Lord of Change and the Daemon Prince at least 3 times each...

They made their invulnerables against them.

FYI that reroll 1s on saves makes them very, very nasty...
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17 2013, 01:03

Unfortunately, a Haemonculus cannot use either the Dark gate or the Orb the turn he Deep Strikes (hopefully in a raider, not a Ravager) because it counts as moving Cruising Speed, and thus you can only make Snap Shots, which you can't do with Blast weapons.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17 2013, 01:18

We both got that wrong then... Razz Blarrggghhhh Even more reasons to not use em vs them buggers...

I did the math and I could get 2 Haemies with both HexRifles and Liquifier guns for the same price... More Wounds and potentially more damage...
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23 2013, 04:58

We had a rematch tonight at 1250. I went with my first instinct and tabled him in round 4.

+ HQ + (235pts)

* Baron Sathonyx (105pts)
(Fleet, Hit and Run, Independent Character, Master of the Skies, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
Bones of the Seer, Custom Skyboard, Hellglaive, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow Field, Splinter Pistol, Twilight Shroud, Wychsuit

* Lady Malys (130pts)
(Fleet, Independent Character, Invulnerable Save (4+), Night Vision, Power from Pain, Precognisant)
Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Steel Fan, The Crystal Heart, The Lady's Blade

+ Elites + (260pts)

* Kabalite Trueborn (129pts)
* 3x Kabalite Trueborn
(Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
3x Plasma Grenades, Shardcarbine, 2x Splinter Cannon
* Venom
(Night Vision)
Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

* Kabalite Trueborn (131pts)
* 3x Kabalite Trueborn (61pts)
Shardcarbine, 2x Splinter Cannon
* Raider (70pts)
(Night Vision)

+ Troops + (252pts)

* Kabalite Warriors (180pts)
Kabalite Armour
* 10x Kabalite Warrior
Splinter Cannon, 9x Splinter Rifle
* Raider
(Night Vision)
Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield, Splinter Racks

* Kabalite Warriors (72pts)
Kabalite Armour
* 8x Kabalite Warrior
8x Splinter Rifle

+ Fast Attack + (126pts)

* Beastmasters (126pts)
(Night Vision)
Close Combat Weapon, Close Combat Weapon, Skyboard, Wychsuit
* Beastmaster
(Power from Pain)
* Khymerae
(Invulnerable Save (4+))
5x Khamerae
* Beastmaster
(Power from Pain)
* Razorwing Flocks
(Whirlwind of Blades)
2x Razorwing Flocks
* Beastmaster
(Power from Pain)
Clawed Fiend (Beastial Fury)

+ Heavy Support + (375pts)

* Razorwing Jetfighter (165pts)
(Deep Strike, Night Vision, Supersonic)
Disintegrator Cannon x2, Flickerfield, Monoscythe Missile, Monoscythe Missile, Shatterfield Missile, Shatterfield Missile , Twin-linked Splinter Rifle

* Talos Pain Engine (105pts)
(Fearless, Move Through Cover, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Random Attacks)
Armoured Carapace, Splinter Cannon, Twin-linked Liquifier Gun

* Talos Pain Engine (105pts)
(Fearless, Move Through Cover, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Random Attacks)
Armoured Carapace, Splinter Cannon, Twin-linked Liquifier Gun

He ran 2 Lords of Change, 2 Full squads of Pink Horrors, 1 unit of 5 Screamers and an Aegis Defense line.

Malys and the Baron were with the Beasts and they scared the crap out of him when they wiped his screamers in Rd. 1. Seeing how they wiped the screamers, he engaged the beasts with both Lords of Change in Melee in rd. 2. In rd. 3, the beasts managed to kill one of the Lords of Change. The remaining one had 3 wounds left and managed to kill the Duke and the remaining Clawed fiend, routing Malys at the top of Rd. 3 (she made her initiative after failing Morale so no sweeping advance, regrouped and joined a unit of Kabalites in rd. 4). Top of Rd. 4 the lord of change went after again and they managed to cause 2 more wounds to it during overwatch. The Lord of change routed the kabalite Unit, but again Malys won the initiative and survived running like a madwoman. A unit of SplinterCannon equaipped Trueborn than managed to put the final LOC down. The rest of my army advanced up and wiped his pink horrors with Splinterfire, shattershard and Monoscyth Missiles.

Malys was VIP due to her ability to force the Lords of Change to engage in Melee against the advancing Death Star Unit of Beasts. The Clawed Fiends and the Khymera were the only things really capable of doing damage to the Lords of Change in Melee so definite wins there.

Things that did not work well:

Baron: he was great when he got the charge on the Screamers, but couldn't do anything to the Lords of Change. Rolled a 1 on his first shadowfield roll and got instagibbed. Next time I plan on Bringing an Archon with similar gear and a Venom Blade.

Razorwing Flocks: couldn't really wound the Lords of Change... They did nothing and got insta gibbed in melee. I would rather take more Khymera or another Clawed Fiend.

Insidently he fought 2 other matches that night, wiping my friends Eldar in Turn 3 and an IG in rd 4. So we are both a tier higher and equal in ranking again... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice   Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti 1k Mono Tzeentch List - Need Advice
Page 1 of 1