THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Liquifier guns

Go down 
+14
Rancid blade
Gobsmakked
Lord_Alino
Skyboard surfer
darthken239
bklooste
tlronin
Talos
Crazy_Ivan
cammy
Cavash
DominicJ
False Son
snilbog
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 17:08

With Ap D6 and template range, I think they are one of the best close-ranged AI guns available to the dark elder. I want advice from more experienced Archons (or Haemonculi).

Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 17:40

This is actually the first time i've ever seen anyone question the LG. It is good in that DE have so few Ignores Cover weapons to deal with those pesky Pathfinders or IG behind AGLs. And it doesn't hurt that it will chew through power armor 50% or the time. Any criticisms I have of the LG go back to the units that use them, and not so much the gun. If Coven units had Fleet it would be sooo much better. There's always the threat of melting a unit and putting them out of assault range. Having something for Overwatch is also handy too if by chance your Coven units are charged by the enemy.
Back to top Go down
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 17:53

False Son wrote:
If Coven units had Fleet it would be sooo much better.
I totally agree with you.
I phrased the article title wrongly, as it sounds like I am doubting the liquifier gun's amazingness Shocked , when really I set up this forum just to find out other archons' experiences when using the mentioned weapon.

Sorry

Snilbog Shocked

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 18:01

Fielded on once, didnt fire it...
They look very good, but they are awkward to get in the list

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 19:05

With my ability to consistantly throw low numbers on dice this is a piece of wargear that my enemies have come to dread. There's nothing like charging a Haemie with some Grots into a Command Squad and dropping two of these templates on them.
It really helps to thin numbers where the msot problematic enemies reside. It can cause panic when half of an expensive unit are covered by a template that has a 50/50 chance of ignoring their armour all together.

I don't like leaving home without them. They are especially useful paired with a Splinter Cannon on a Talos to really spread anarchy.

Liquifier guns YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 19:13

I'm guessing that the good AP is also effective against Necrons, as that is my most common enemy.

Snilbog Shocked

Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 19:19

Being AP D6 does mean you cannot rely on them to wipe out half a squad but its always nice when they do.

my 2k Coven list has a liquifier at every possible oppertunity. They are also good for detering charges as people are weary that the wall of death could be very nasty
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 19:24

Oh, don't worry, I don't rely on them. They're just a nice addition. If I relied only on LG's I would have been crippled so many times before. That's what the Grots are for. High strength, high toughness, multiwound carnage!

Liquifier guns YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 20:41

Depending on them to wipe out Terminators is a no-no. Using them to turn IG behind an AGL to goop is a good thing. The APD6 is nice, but I look at it more for the utility of being able to break up bunkered units without having to charge them.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 21:17

I love them, my haemes, wracks and grotesques always have them. The tension on your opponents face when you roll for the AP is priceless.
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 23:44

they have earned the nickname dark eldar cp flamers in my lgs
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
tlronin
Wych

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 08:01

I love that weapon, but I'm 7 out of 10 times so unlucky with my dice!

My last game I rolled for Medusaea's Eyeburst and I rolled a 1 for Strength and a 6 for AP?! Shocked So I asked my opponent to kill 'm in CC for failing so hard. Wink

bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 12:38

10 Wracks with 2 is sweet . 75 % chance of an AP1 to AP3 template. 1 by itself is too flukey.
Back to top Go down
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 18:12

I haven't got any yet that I use, but will equip any coven unit with them at any opportunity possible.

Snilbog Shocked

Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 09:22

love them to death. If im taking a coven list then 10 wracks with 2 of these, for me, counts as a standard set up.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 10:13

So out of curiosity, since you take (up to) three Haemies as one HQ choice, can you have all three with liquifier guns? and if so why would/wouldm't you do it?

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 07:03

I enjoy the liquifier, can you picture your opponent's face if they knew all you units have atleast 2 in a squad Razz
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 03:33

Skyboard surfer wrote:
So out of curiosity, since you take (up to) three Haemies as one HQ choice, can you have all three with liquifier guns? and if so why would/wouldm't you do it?

Yes, absolutely. I always do it when I run this HQ choice.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 06:19

A flamer that is ap 3 50% of the time for 10 points is not bad at all. I usually take one on each of my haemonculi and one in each of my wrack squads. They're a great flamer.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 09:58

Gobsmakked wrote:
Skyboard surfer wrote:

Yes, absolutely. I always do it when I run this HQ choice.

Nice, thanks - time to deliver some acidy goodness Cool

Sybarite

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 17:46

I can never decide on the LFG + VB combo vs just a Shattershard for my Haemy HQ. Bearing in mind he is more often than not my Warlord so he just hides at the back doing sweet fudge all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:35

Next time I've got a game earmarked for a newbie I've been thinking of taking 5 wracks with a liquifier gun and cramming 5 Haemies with Liqs into the unit as well.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 23:28

Played against Dark Angels on Saturday and Liquifiers saved me.

My foe's nasty commander squad contained a Librarian with Personal Field Generator, an Apothecary, a Marine with the Standard of Devastation and a whole lot of Bolter squads piled round. Oh, and the Warlord trait allowed the Librarian's squad to fire overwatch at their normal BS.
I had a Haemie with a Power Axe and Liquifier and a Wrack with a Liquifier (They were a full Wrack squad, but that information's not needed). They both fired their Liquifiers over the Librarian's squad and melted all but one of them.

S6 AP2 is such a beautiful thing! From there on my Ravagers and Splintercannons were linned up to melt down the other two and a half squads, pretty much handing me an easy victory.

Without those Liquifiers I feel that it would have been a completely different game.

Liquifier guns YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 00:33

Cavash wrote:

S6 AP2 is such a beautiful thing!

That sounds nice but you do realise LFGs are S4, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 02:44

mug7703 wrote:
Cavash wrote:

S6 AP2 is such a beautiful thing!

That sounds nice but you do realise LFGs are S4, right?

Im pretty sure he meant the warlord with a power axe and furious charge when he said that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Liquifier guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquifier guns   Liquifier guns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liquifier guns
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next