THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lassesurf
Slave

Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics   Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 10:32

Hey guys

I am participating (and hosting) in a big ass apocalypse game this summer. Last time 18 players participated with 110.000 pts, with a very differentiated show of armies. My question to you guys, is what to bring and what tactics to use. First I will describe a bit of what I have in my collection and how I use to play.

Last year my list was something like this:

6000 pt Dark Eldar

Splinter Raid Force: 1 archon with incubi in raider, 4 x raiders with 10 warriors with DL and blaster

3 x 4 Reavers, with heat lances

Razorwing Sickle squadron: 3 x Razorwing: 4 x shatterfield missiles,FF,NS

FW reaper

venom: 4 truborn with blasters

venom: 1 haemonculus with webway portal

3 x talos pain engine
1 x cronos pain engine with spirit vortes

Dark Olympiad:
succubus with blood brides
2 x 9 wyches with Haywire grenades, hydra gauntlets and Lelith Hesperax

Beastmaster and pets with Baron Sathonyx

12 x Hellions

Titan Hunters: 6 x Ravagers with DL,FF,NS

Urien Rakarth with 3 grotesques.

Duke Sliscus with 10 trueborn and 2 splinter cannons

10 x mandrakes with Kheradruakh (he deployed near them turn 2, and they joined him)

Tactics:

Last year the splinter raid force came in behind enemy lines near the main objective, and started firing away with DL,blasters, reaver heat lances and raider mounted DL against all the tanks rears, that worked pretty well as you might imagine! The heamonculus in venom moved 6" inches and he walked 6" toward enemy lines and deployed webway portal. Almost everything else deployed through the webway portal, turn 2 ready to charge the enemy front lines in turn 3. Ravagers and reaper hunted vehicles from turn 1. My asset was the one that introduces nightfigting, and i popped it turn 2.

So what do you guys think? Any good ideas for strategies?
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics   Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2013, 08:54

5000 points of guard str 10 large blasts...maybe webway to reduce troop density or deep strike. Ally with an astropath

If you deep strike use desintegrators on Revenger

Double posting is against the forum rules. Please use the edit button in future. Thanks. Smile - Mush
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics   Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2013, 15:33

Take the Webway Assault strategem. EVERY TIME Twisted Evil Pain engines deploying in your opponents backfield with Grotesques will warm the icy heart of any archon.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics   Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2013, 23:10

I would second Webway Assault - especially if they disallow Flank March in your group.

Also, frankly, the Dark Olympiad formation is pretty good for us, extra Drugs and Pain Tokens and a lot of units you're likely to take anyway all for the cost of 100+ points - solid deal.
I definitely endorse Splinter Raid forces too - I think that's the best one we have available to us, especially with air forces becoming more of a thing in regular play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics   Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar apocalypse tactics
Page 1 of 1