THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar in Apocalypse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

Dark eldar in Apocalypse Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar in Apocalypse   Dark eldar in Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06 2014, 20:24

Hi guys,

I have a game of apoc (6000 per player, 2v2) coming up in a few weeks and was really wondering what people thought of our formations?

My Co-player plays SW+IG Mech with some blob shenanigans going on, I will ally in our craftworld brethren (Farseers, bikes, Wraithknight and gonna be using those pulsar lynxes Very Happy)

I'll be fighting:
Tau with SM (Enemy 1)
Coupled with:
GK, Crons, or more Tau (QQ 2 tau) (Enemy 2)

I was thinking of the following formations:
Dark Olympiad:
Drugs on beastpack... Thats awesome, also garanteed to get more than just hypex on my reavers, even though those 2 wych units are going to be fire warrior fodder (no sane tau will ever let me get to his hammerheads, sadly enough) (speaking of which, are you allowed to put those wyches in venoms/raiders?)
Carnival of Pain:
Keeping it cheap, just a few Taloi to spread that delicious reduce toughness and possibly some wracks in venoms, this would synergize with the Dark Olympiad, reducing T so those wyches actually DO something, as well as for 3+ FNP shenanigans)
Kabalite Web Strike:
Deploy the arterial webway portal right in my opponents face, let the less mobile formations pop out of it and spread havoc, also: TL Ravagers Very Happy

I wont be facing a lot of heavy tanks, Enemy 1 mainly uses stupid Tau Flyers (Baracudas and Tigershark with Str D Railguns), Enemy 2 generally spams infantry with some vehicle backup (But hardly any superheavies), so I dont think Ravager Formation to be worth it, Razorwing formation seems a little underwhelming with only d3 hits, thinking of just fielding my flyers as voidraven bombers and go shoot some tau flyers.

I am thinking of either Dark Olympiad + Carnival of pain, using a suicidal haem to fly up the board in a venom turn 1 to pop a webway portal (dont want to waste a stratagem on it). Then pop that blob out of it and start wrecking face. Or, Dark Olympiad + Kabalite Web Strike, using the portal to pop in haywire wyches in venom and a massive beastpack, right in the face of the stupid tau.

Afaik FW has given us no love, so no Super Heavies (Apart from my Eldar lynxes with pulsars)

So basically I am wondering:
Have you guys used DE in apoc?
If so, what worked?
What should I do?
Thoughts, Opinions, Advice all very welcome.

-Anterzhul
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar in Apocalypse   Dark eldar in Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06 2014, 20:52

If you want a simple yet effective army: Kabalite Web Strike x3 (or x4 or x5, depending on the number of Archons/Incubi you can field). Place the portals so you can reach any part of your opponent's force, anywhere on the table. Have your entire force come out of one of the portals. Bring lots of Venoms. Profit.

One disadvantage: if you don't get first turn, your ally might get blown off the table. But then again, that usually happens in Apoc anyway.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar in Apocalypse   Dark eldar in Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07 2014, 17:41

Web Strike is good, as is the Olympiad. The Karnival is...meh, not bad, but not that great either really.

If they let you use the older formations the Splinter Raid Force is true win.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar in Apocalypse   Dark eldar in Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07 2014, 17:42

Oh, also, Duke Sliscus plus whatever that 'no scatter deep strike' rule is, that's pretty solid too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar in Apocalypse   Dark eldar in Apocalypse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar in Apocalypse
Page 1 of 1